Good Lighting System?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please go in and change the live link. You can do hxxt. Then people will look and get back to you. Good luck.

Seems kinda crappy to me....they will probably rape you on shipping seeing how I believe that is a mag ballast and weighs a ton. And Rose is right...no live links off site. hTTp to hXXP.

Hemptress101 said:
I cam across this lighting system hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/products/SG-Lite-1000w-Switchable-Ballast-System.html and was wondering if anyone has used or heard of this. I was thinking of purchasing a new system but I am kind of low on funds. Please help!
You do need to kill the live link. As for if that light system is a good system?? It really depends on your needs. Size of room?? Ventilation??, Ballast placement, etc. The open ballast, while it is easy to cool, has it's drawbacks. Collects dust, which can lead to a fire. Any water spilled can short out the unit, which can also lead to fire. The lack of an aircooled reflector, means you will need a lot more air moving out of your grow to keep temps down.
But it does look like a good price.

HomieHogleg

Hemptress, its still your call. The shipping might screw you up in the end (As suggested by HL).

I think I would keep looking. I always recommend an air cooled hood. The larger the light, the more heat it puts out. How large is your space?

Yeah depending on your grow space I wld look into a 600w digi with an air cooled hood or cool tube. I love 600's the best so I am biased...but they do get a better lumen to watt ratio.

I also love 600s. I replaced a 1000W HPS with 2 600W. I worked well for me, especially because I had a longer narrower room (3' x 6.5').

Latest posts

Back