good looks, poor smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dctodave

Reaction score
hey guys im on my 4th harvest, i just collected most of my blackberry and in the process of harvesting, drying, and curing.

the buds looks decent but not to smelly...

i have 4 jars right now that have been curing for 6 days, burping twice daily. smell has improved very little. getting that pine smell.

any ideas? should i start curing moister? let them dry out even more?

any feedback is great. thanks guys!

Some bud simply doesn't have much odor. I do not believe that there is anything that can be done if it does not.

I would love to see a pic, I grew out some blackberry a while back and it just didn't turn out very good

6 days is not much of a cure, once dry enough not to mold seal them up for about a month then see.

Have you done a smoke test? And if so did it smoke well? I also hve had some bud that looked like it shld smell quite dank and it had very lil odor at all. Still smoked well high wise but taste also was not there.

ChewbacaKz said:
I would love to see a pic, I grew out some blackberry a while back and it just didn't turn out very good

I will post a pic later tonight. Doesn't look like blackberry, It's the trickyiest and most sensitive plant I've grown so far.

I won't attempt this one again.

dctodave said:
I will post a pic later tonight. Doesn't look like blackberry, It's the trickyiest and most sensitive plant I've grown so far.

I won't attempt this one again.

heres the pic buddy

123321.jpg

Iron Emmett said:
I dunno about smell, but it sure has bag appeal.

:bolt:Lol....Looks like a doughnut that someone licked all the glaze off of.:eek:

They don't look too bad, but it may be that yoiu harvested them too soon. I had that problem last year. had to pull some girls before they were fully ready. They had little smell or taste until they cured for about a month. The high was good though. Don't know if you know or understand this but you really have to almost disregard the time frame and look at the tricombs for the harvest indication. I got some right now that are about to bust and my partner is foaming at the mouth to pull"em but I looked at the trics and told him "not yet" ;)

Hushpuppy said:
They don't look too bad, but it may be that yoiu harvested them too soon. I had that problem last year. had to pull some girls before they were fully ready. They had little smell or taste until they cured for about a month. The high was good though. Don't know if you know or understand this but you really have to almost disregard the time frame and look at the tricombs for the harvest indication. I got some right now that are about to bust and my partner is foaming at the mouth to pull"em but I looked at the trics and told him "not yet" ;)

ya man funny u say that. i think that is the case! the last few batches i picked seem better!

so ya your spot on! thanks for the brainstorming guys

Latest posts

Back