good soil found in usa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potmonster

Reaction score
i Just started growing i and i had some miracle grow soil around the house so i used that. but , i am worried that this soil isnt the best type could someone recommend some good soil found in the usa. something i might be able to find at a lowes,homedepot, walmart, ext. thanks

Im new also but ive heard super soil is good people basically say soil that isnt prefertilized is pretty good. Thats why Miracle Grow is not reccomemended. Also people say its good to have some perlite or sand or some other stuff mixed with the soil. And if im right u want the ph between 6.3 and 6.8

potmonster said:
something i might be able to find at a lowes,homedepot, walmart, ext. thanks

Home Depot. Regular potting soil (or super soil sold there too in some places) 2/3
Perlite and vermicultie mix 1/3
1 TBS of Lime
put drained and cleaned drainage gravel at the bottom to help keep the water draining good if you want. Some agree some disagree. works good either way

NO MIRACLE GROW SOIL.

-Black Gold potting soil.
-Fox Farms Ocean and Forest.

I prefer a potting soil that has a lot of amendments (NOT chem's) added.
Stuff like worm castings, bat/bird guano, seaweed/kelp, & perlite.

The main thing is not to use any soil that has time release nutes. When you water it dissolves little nute filled pellets. The problem is you can't control how much nute is released when you water.

Latest posts

Back