Got me some airpots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nouvellechef

Reaction score
I been waiting for the right time to try them out. Been sitting in box for long time. I am gonna roll with the 30L(8gal) ones. Have not decided on running a multi strain airpot or singles. I been wanting to show some peeps about running multi strain grows in same container for awhile. Alot have asked me about it. So maybe thats what I should do. Smash the idea of you cant run multi strain pots. :icon_smile:

IMG_1601.JPG

Hey NC,

what do you mean mutistrain pots, are you gonna put 2 plants in one pot?

dman1234 said:
Hey NC,

what do you mean mutistrain pots, are you gonna put 2 plants in one pot?

Better. 3-4 strains in each one. First I need to do play with them a bit and get a feel for them.

Oh Jesus.....poor newbies are gonna be all confused.:p

I say go for it brosef.......we can all learn something in the process. Kinda why I ran a cpl in 1/2 gallon pots last grow. Wanted to prove you cld yield pretty well.....it just sucked watering twice a day in flower.

You think 4 strains per pot is doable?

Hamster Lewis said:
Oh Jesus.....poor newbies are gonna be all confused.:p

I say go for it brosef.......we can all learn something in the process. Kinda why I ran a cpl in 1/2 gallon pots last grow. Wanted to prove you cld yield pretty well.....it just sucked watering twice a day in flower.

You think 4 strains per pot is doable?

I could do a dozen strains per pot if the pot was large enough. But 3-4 with a 8gal would be max. 2 strains and I could let them get pretty big. They also make a compost edition thats like 200gal. Now that would be sweet. Maybe If I like them, we can see about one of those. Outdoor only for that though.

would love to see the result of that grow. air pots imo are the best out there, smart pots are 2nd

4 strains in one pot? Hopefully they all feed about the same Good luck man.

Lemon Jack said:
4 strains in one pot? Hopefully they all feed about the same Good luck man.

They will all feed at diff PPM's. That's for sure. The soil will regulate each strain on it's own. They can uptake as little or as much as they would like. :)

Mojo for you Brother....I been looking at these pots for a few years now..havent broke down and Baught any yet:rolleyes:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

4u2sm0ke said:
Mojo for you Brother....I been looking at these pots for a few years now..havent broke down and Baught any yet:rolleyes:

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Lmk when your ready. I will give you link to purchase. We are lucky. Only 2 places carry the full line of pots and one is in WA. Shipping was $8 and the pots were like $17. Good deal all around.

Whats happening NC.
My 2 cents.
I too am doing a run with the airpots, I have the same 10, 8 gal airpots, and the rest are the Cloth like Smart pots.
I had high hopes for the airpots, but I have to say that the Smart pots are winning. Faster growth and thicker stalks and more root mass with the Smart pots.
It really suprised me, as I thought the airpots would rock harder then they do.
I can take some pics and show thedifference. I started Sour D at the same time and it has been a great comparision for sure.
I am in day 12 of 12/12 and the difference is noticable. We will see how they finish out, but it looks like the Smart pots are going to win.
What I se is the Smart pots air prune alot faster and thus the rootmass gets bigger faster then the airpots.

Not tryin' to jack your thread my friend, just my observations so far with them. I can get some pics if you want.

Thanks for the info NCH....I love my Smart Pots. I gotta order a cpl more.

NorCalHal said:
Whats happening NC.
My 2 cents.
I too am doing a run with the airpots, I have the same 10, 8 gal airpots, and the rest are the Cloth like Smart pots.
I had high hopes for the airpots, but I have to say that the Smart pots are winning. Faster growth and thicker stalks and more root mass with the Smart pots.
It really suprised me, as I thought the airpots would rock harder then they do.
I can take some pics and show thedifference. I started Sour D at the same time and it has been a great comparision for sure.
I am in day 12 of 12/12 and the difference is noticable. We will see how they finish out, but it looks like the Smart pots are going to win.
What I se is the Smart pots air prune alot faster and thus the rootmass gets bigger faster then the airpots.

Not tryin' to jack your thread my friend, just my observations so far with them. I can get some pics if you want.

Interesting. All good.

I am interested how they work out for you man. This is just my first run with them. I sure do like them, they just look tough, but plant health and yield will dictate the winner.
They do dry out a bit faster then the Smart pots.

Yeah, I was shown these when I was buying more smartpots. The salesman told me the airpots were better because the roots could stretch out more ("bounce" around a bit before meeting up with air, was his justification). My comment then was toward the effect of wondering why you'd want longer roots when logic says more ends means better uptake. I didn't buy and am now glad I stuck with my instincts.

I don't even remember seeing these for sale at his shop now...memory has it he was going with them for his grow, I should ask how that worked for him.

been using the airpots for a few years now. I like em. you get used to how to water them...from the center and soil leaks out of the bottom. they make a coco mat and I line the bottom of the airpot with them, keeps most of the soil in. NCH how goes it bro, you're experience with the airpots is still a top feed hydro using rockwool right? soil and hydro may have different effects with the airpots. NC always glad to see what you are up to, :cool:

umbra said:
been using the airpots for a few years now. I like em. you get used to how to water them...from the center and soil leaks out of the bottom. they make a coco mat and I line the bottom of the airpot with them, keeps most of the soil in. NCH how goes it bro, you're experience with the airpots is still a top feed hydro using rockwool right? soil and hydro may have different effects with the airpots. NC always glad to see what you are up to, :cool:

Figured this threw would bring you out of the shadows :) thanx. I really want to show peeps that you can have multiple strains in each pot. For those that like variety. That pertains to organic only though.

NCH is a dirt warrior now :) hand fed

Other than keeping mom's, is there another reason for multiple strains/pot?

Roddy said:
Other than keeping mom's, is there another reason for multiple strains/pot?

Alot of ppl don't have room for a mother den. Or they like alot of variety each harvest. Using one pot multi strain harvests, you can accomplish both those needs, while still yielding decent, not having to water twice a day cause your using smaller pots and more of them and so on. Tending is less, just water a few pots and let them do their thing.

Hey whatever happened to the idea of doing the Hot Tub Hydro grow?:holysheep: :eek:

Wld hve loved to see that happen.:D

Latest posts

Back