got Problems on my grow need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am doing another grow against my better judgement, well it all good, just those around me has issues, not me.

Anyway I am doing 4 buckets which, one bucket is my res. so I got 3 plants going on and one is Looking kinda cal-mag problem I believe..

My room is 34x38 h7 ft, 2 room in a bedroom, which I build
for this grow while back before al my Drama.
I am using a 400 watt mh 24h 7d
I doing hydro 4) 5 gal bucket 3 for plants and a res. All
hooked together with 3/4 PVC pipe, cheap way and better then
the other way with garment and stiff black irrigation hose.
Wanted to do 6 bucket oh well I am learning. And
using air stones for each bucket 4 outlet air pump and water
dripped that drips every 4 hrs at 5 min. Yea that over kill
but my thinking don't want the upper roots dry when the
plants start sucking up the water.
Flowering using a 1000 watt hps. Plus I might use my 400 watt
hps.
The hood is home made that size is 31x34x flange size side is
12 inches wide and paint the heat resisted flat white paint.
Ventilation is a bathroom fan going out the window as the
intake it comes from the vent from the the floor ducking and
oscillAting fan, not to much worries about air temp, as I am
going to run light 24 hr should stay around 78 degree in the
whole room.
water temp is 75
For food going to be floral 3 part for my first time as a
user,added but 3 drops to each buckets and adjusted my ph to 5.2
Seeds r some Good bag weed that I am using.
My tap water is 5.5 ph and don't think I need to add any ph
up or ph down as I did in soil grows.

So what am I doing wrong.?

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

For food going to be floral 3 part for my first time as a
user,added but 3 drops to each buckets and adjusted my ph to 5.2.....

My tap water is 5.5 ph and don't think I need to add any ph
up or ph down as I did in soil grows.

These statements are a bit confusing for me. What routine did you follow? Did you Mix the Micro into water then the grow then the flower. Did you pH it or not? confusing

But anyways my first response would be to feed them girls. 3 drops are not very much and not sure how you are adding the nutes?

i cant even comment on that soil pic, as i dunno what im even looking at. as for the girls in hydro, your rockwool shouldn't be exposed to light. especially when you are top feeding. looks like your rockwool has algae growing on it. the larger plants seem to be eating themselves. looks like your feeding is off. need a better idea of how much your feeding them. how often do you change and clean your reservoirs?

also in a space that is basically a 3'x3' area, a 1k watt hps will skyrocket your temps. thats a lot of light in a small space.

I'm not really understanding your set up. Do you have a recirculating DWC and a drip system? Also, I don't know what you have been feeding them to this point, but if you are using GH flora series and only used 3 drops of each, you might as well have not fed them. Go by the instructions on the bottle. Those plants should be fine running at full strength grow nutes. Do you have a PPM meter. What are you using to check the pH? IMO, I would not run the pH at 5.2.

Also with bag seed, you really never know what you are going to get. They are usually self pollinated (hermies) or they could have been pollinated with some by the side of the road ditch weed. You are unsure of 1/2 of the genetics of what you are growing....

Sorry everybody I been dealing with my Dad Passing on since 3-2 and it been very hard to deal with things, I am trying to get back to Normal, if that could happen.
Ok I have a 5 gal bucket that I use to keep water in for a week and mix my feed of the 3 part floral in before I put into my res. I follow the insturction on the bottle now and they r growing much better. I guess I didn't want to over feed them with 3 drops at first lol.. 1 tsp for every gal of water
My ppm meter now is showing 874 as my Ph is 58 and water temp is 72 and think I got a hold of it now.
My room is 34x38 h7 ft I am using a 400 watt Mh 24/7 and getting ready to switch over to the 1000 watt light for flowering which it might be a little much for this room, but I don't shut the door on the grow because of the heat issue and going 12/12 during the day isn't what I want but it will have to work for the next 3 months.. If the 1k light is to much then I'll go with the 400 watt hps.
Yes I covered my rockwool better and hope the green algree wont hurt the plants.
For some reason I can't upload any pix at this time and I have resized them to 600x800 like always and it says there errors. I will try later

It sounds like you got things back to where they should be. All your numbers sound correct :) Do you have a dimmable ballast on the 1K? if so you could cut it down some so that it doesn't build so much heat. If you are having to keep the door open now to remove heat then the 1k will be too hot. You really need to be able to pull all of the air out of the grow space at least once a minute to keep it cool enough and to keep fresh air going to the plants. Just having the door open and a fan blowing in or out will not do well. Just my opinion though :)

sorry to hear of your Father...mojo for the Girls...

Hi All I think I am having a Cal-Mag defencecy.! If so would that be not enough of the mix or to much.? I think I been heavey on the measurments.
I am 1 week into flowering and haven't flush Buckets, is that good or not.? I been adding fresh water everyday 5.7 ph. but only add to rez not to all buckets..
Some of the leaves r light green and been following the bottle instruction.

The 1 Plant growing so fast that I am running out of height room and had to tie it down while my others are growing slower. Wow just learning Learning.:icon_smile:
Wish I had a cloning grow box, so I could of had clones and make plant shorter some.:hubba:

34-3-13 009.jpg

34-3-13 010.jpg

34-3-13 001.jpg

General_Hydroponics_nutrients.JPG

Hmmm, I see multiple problems that make me think the PH is way out of whack. You said that you haven't changed out the buckets but just add water to them. From what you described on your setup, you basically have a form of "undercurrent DWC", however, I didn't see listed that you have a pumpthat circulates the undercurrent. If that is so then you have stagnate pools of water beneath your plants(chemically stagnate, not biologically stagnate).

All that said, I believe you have PH issues beneath the plants(even though you are PH adjusting the rez. I also suspect that you have nutrient toxicity from not changing the water.

Solution: dump every drop of water from the system and refill with fresh, unnuted water and run constant for 48hrs. After 48hrs, drain that water completely and refill with regular nute solution and set the PH to 5.8

If you don't have a circulation pump to move the water around from bucket to bucket to rez then get 1 ASAP and put it in the rez. However this circulation pump will only work if you have all of your buckets connected in series with the rez, not in parallel. What needs to happen is the solution needs to be pushed from the rez to the first bucket-next bucket-next bucket-back to rez. If buckets are connected individually to the rez and not to each other then the circulation pump will not work. What you will have to do then is turn your top feed on constant so that the water is able to circulate faster back to the rez and be mixed constantly, as this is a must for hydro systems. Any water that is allowed to sit will become toxic quickly(even though it is being aerated)

Don't worry about the constant flow of water drowning the plants. If you have good aeration then you can keep constant flow without harm to the plants. That is how my Bro does his, "parallel, constant flow, top-feed", and his plants do great. :)

Latest posts

Back