Got some CalMag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukwheat

Reaction score
I finally got the chemicals I need. Got a big bottle of Cal Mag and the triplet set from Fox Farms. I have mixed the Calmag as per the instructions for growing phase which is 2-4ml per gallon. Haven't mixed the other Fox Farm stuff yet. My question is, when you water with the calmag, do you water normally as far as the amount and how often? Thanks in advance.

water normally and use 1 teaspoon per gallon each and every watering

if your plants are all touchy-feely , there is such a thing as cal-mag toxicity , so keep an eyeball on them

While we're on the subject...could someone enlighten me on the role of cal-mag? Is it just to add calcium and magnesium like any other nutrient or is it more mystical / alchemical than that? I mean, I use it because bs51 does, and I don't need to know more than that, but I'm curious.

Big explain touchy-feely...ya lost me.

it’s complicated but I will try

i can best sum up my feelings or thoughts in a song

so touchy-feely is like the party lights song

touchy-feely is like the party , everybody in the crowd was there but this one person could not make the scene

Well, Mama dear, tell me, do you hear?
We're partying tonight
I tell you, I can't sleep
Because across the street
Wo oh I see the party lights

I see the lights, I see the party lights
They're red & blue & green
Everybody in the crowd's there
But you won't let me make a scene

now that is touchy-feely and some plants are like that , some plants won’t let me make a scene

Well, Mama dear, tell me, do you hear?
We're partying tonight
I tell you, I can't sleep
Because across the street
Wo oh I see the party lights

Big
How do you apply calmag to your outdoor plants ?

same as my indoor plants

1 teaspoon per gallon and I usually pour about 5 gallons of solution on my outdoor plants when I feed/water

whether it’s GH Flora Micro and Flora Bloom , I add cal-mag

or if I brewed up a tea of worm castings , I add cal-mag

While we're on the subject...could someone enlighten me on the role of cal-mag? Is it just to add calcium and magnesium like any other nutrient or is it more mystical / alchemical than that? I mean, I use it because bs51 does, and I don't need to know more than that, but I'm curious.

see oldfogey8 post #6

I finally got the chemicals I need. Got a big bottle of Cal Mag and the triplet set from Fox Farms. I have mixed the Calmag as per the instructions for growing phase which is 2-4ml per gallon. Haven't mixed the other Fox Farm stuff yet. My question is, when you water with the calmag, do you water normally as far as the amount and how often? Thanks in advance.

everyone please take note

bukwheat bought a BIG bottle of cal-mag

03D82141-BC09-4E05-A5E8-D93D4529C365.jpeg

I also wonder about it. In my area, the water is hard and the ph is high (about 8.2 out of the tap) partially from calcium and magnesium already in it, so I wonder if I should be adding it to my nute solution.
If you live in a soft water area, then I'd say you should use it.

I also wonder about it. In my area, the water is hard and the ph is high (about 8.2 out of the tap) partially from calcium and magnesium already in it, so I wonder if I should be adding it to my nute solution.
If you live in a soft water area, then I'd say you should use it.

yeah , if your plants are happy and healthy why would anyone change what works for them?

otherwise , add 1 teaspoon per gallon of Ph’d water with every feeding/watering for happy healthy plants

My water is extremely hard out of the tap too. pH ~7.50 and PPM 525-625. I still use CaliMagic at a rate of 3ml/G with EVERY watering or I have issues related to calmag deficiency. If you're using General Hyrdroponics Flora nutrient line you might consider looking in to the FloraMicro Hardwater formula. I've used the regular formula and the hardwater formula, and I notice positive results when using the hardwater formula.

Latest posts

Back