Gotcha! Real grow starts.... NOW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
Ok, last GJ is a little cluttered with junk and problems...
I have reworked my "grow plan". The tent with the t8's is now being used only for germination and I have the 400w hps in the closet up and running.
Not 100% on what the plan is for flowering, but I hope to be able to just throw plants outside once I'm done vegging them.

Here's a couple pics of the closet , just put 7 new sprouts under the hps which makes 16 total ATM plus at least 8 more in the germ tent. Got 2 triploids going as well... thats the right name, right? or is it just polyploid? Or is that something entirely different?

closet.jpg
closet1.jpg

No close ups yet because of the hps and my phone not playing nice... maybe I can talk the misses into buying US a new camera...:D

thanks for stopping by,
This GJ should be a little more fun to watch than my last crash n burn...

sMACk

good luck sMACk i have just started a new (real) grow also so it will be interesting to see how my grow compares to yours :D

Thanks everyone! The mojo is well received.

Thanks DarkHorse, I'll check out your GJ...EDIT::doh:haha you didn't say you had a GJ! START ONE!
I am just doing bagseed right now, but I should have some real seeds in a week or so.

Thanks again for checkin out the thread MPeeps :cool:

sMACk

You are going to love the HPS! Lookin' good smack.

Roddy said:
:ciao: smack, mind if I pull up a chair? :48:

Absolutely not! In fact, I encourage it.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You are going to love the HPS! Lookin' good smack.

I should have just started off with it. I used it for my last grow.
I think I was nervous about jumping full steam into growing again because I saw my last grow as a failure. Well, I realized I was being foolish and just causing myself to fail MORE by half-assing it with the t8s.

I seem to learn best the hard way...

sMACk

LOL--Unfortunately, most of us learn the hard way.

Grow Mojo!

/pulling up a crate to watch.

And i cannot accept someone telling me the stove is hot, I got to touch it for myself. lol

whats left in the germ tent
germ.jpg

youngest batch of sprouts
grp32.jpg
grp3.jpg

one of a batch a week older
grp2.jpg

one of the two ¿triploids? that showed up
trip.jpg

If I veg the plants for like 2-3 months or upto 3' tall, how many do you think could I fit in a 4' x 2' space?

sMACk

Yippee! Excited to see how this turns out. You should be a germinating pro by the time the good stuff arrives. Next comes lots of :icon_smile:

Pulling up my relax the back recliner and watching avidly.
Tons of Green mojo headed your way

haha thanks tasty, germination seems to be the one area I excel at. I have not had a problem birthing plants, just maintaining them...
The closer my seeds are to being here, the more anxious I get about using them. I'm excited for obvious reasons, but nervous too about not wanting to waste these tiny little investments I purchased... Getting a solid grow under my belt will definitely make me feel better.
Whats the status with your tent? Have you chopped everything down yet? I gotta look at your clone wars thread, love that title btw.

Enjoy the rest of your evening
sMACk

sMACkaddict said:
whats left in the germ tent
View attachment 197023

youngest batch of sprouts
View attachment 197024
View attachment 197025

one of a batch a week older
View attachment 197026

one of the two ¿triploids? that showed up
View attachment 197027

If I veg the plants for like 2-3 months or upto 3' tall, how many do you think could I fit in a 4' x 2' space?

sMACk

:eek: How many plants have you started? Is the 2 x 4 space all you have? You are going to be able to fit about 2 plants into a 2 x 4 space after a 2-3 month veg. I have a BTB clone that was about 8 weeks (that includes rooting time) when put into 12/12 that is taking up a 3 x 3' space.

It's all practice to me. Someday I hope to have a real grow. Good luck to you smack, congrats on your new HPS!

The Hemp Goddess said:
:eek: How many plants have you started? Is the 2 x 4 space all you have? You are going to be able to fit about 2 plants into a 2 x 4 space after a 2-3 month veg. I have a BTB clone that was about 8 weeks (that includes rooting time) when put into 12/12 that is taking up a 3 x 3' space.
lol, I have a 2x4 space for veg and a big (at least 10'x10') outdoor flowering area. I think I will go for a little shorter veg time then, like 2 months tops.

I have like 25 plants going right now. They are all bagseed and I popped so many for practice and so I have a better chance of ending up with something of some quality.

When I run some actual genetics I will be doing it in far fewer numbers. Maybe for this run I will do a much shorter veg so I can keep more of the plants... I'm not sure...

sMACk

remember to tag, take a few cuttings, and cull the weak/transexy ones. You never know if your "bagseed" will be the next legend.

Much mojo fer ya Smack.

:peace:

Be sure to keep a big eye out for hermies. I just hate bagseed.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Be sure to keep a big eye out for hermies. I just hate bagseed.
haha LOL :rofl: don't we all know it!

ahh its good to laugh after the week we have been having. The internet connection that we legitimately share with our neighbors has vanished, along with them... there was a freak hurricane and our house flooded and everything outside got thrashed. THEN, we forgot to pay our electrical bill and a week later they shut us off! So we paid that day and they claimed we would be all set within 24hours at the very most... STILL NO GOD DAMN ELECTRICITY!! This started on friday afternoon, and we are supposed to be "first on the list tomorrow morning"... my ***....
We are now at a hotel for the night because we cant wash, we cant flush, everything in our fridge is spoiled... AHH!!!:hitchair:
anyways, on top of all that, my plants are sitting in the dark because I saw whiteflies outside and I can't risk bringing those inside.

bleh

sMACk

YOU AREN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS MPers!

SO we stayed in a hotel last night(still there now) due to our electrical issues and last night, guess what, THE WATER STOPPED WORKING HERE!

So the hotel, that only had a suite available, that we stayed at because we couldn't shower at home, has no running water!! Even better... Its only the couple rooms in our vicinity!! ***!@!!#L@JKJDLK

I thnk i'm about to go apesh*t

Latest posts

Back