Gotcha! Real grow starts.... NOW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, sorry but I have to chuckle--City folk--it is a good thing you do not live in the mountains. I often have power outages and lose electricity and water. I have used wood to heat, candles and Coleman lanterns to provide light, and hauled water to bathe and flush the toilet (and I'm an old lady). What you look at as catastrophes are commonplace where many of us live.

Hope your plants survive.

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL, sorry but I have to chuckle--City folk--it is a good thing you do not live in the mountains. I often have power outages and lose electricity and water. I have used wood to heat, candles and Coleman lanterns to provide light, and hauled water to bathe and flush the toilet (and I'm an old lady). What you look at as catastrophes are commonplace where many of us live.

Hope your plants survive.

If you live in "the mountains" and deal with this regularly you are obviously going to be more prepared for this kind of situation than someone who lives in a city.
You have coleman lanterns and a fireplace or someway to burn wood. We don't. You also have a generator. We don't.
I'm sorry we dont tough it out in the woods like you, but that doesn't make our situation any less difficult. I mean how ignorant and insensitive can you be?
You can goto a stream or whatever to get water. We live in the desert, near the ocean in a developing country, i.e., no clean fresh running water anywhere.
So, thank you for all the assumptions and the much needed "perspective" but from now on, remember, when you assume you make an *** out of u and me, but mostly just you.

I hope they survive too...
sMACk

Sorry, I didn't mean to piss you off. I was just joshing with ya.

Hey, thanks for apology! Sorry it took so long for me to respond. We are still without internet.
I am sorry too for the way I responded. It had been a long stressful weekend and the last thing I needed to "hear" was your response. I'm sorry I snapped.

The plants are doing well now. I moved them all outside a week ago and things are progressing without too much of a slow down.

sMACk

I, too am sorry that I took your troubles lightly. I really didn't mean to upset you, I just wanted to lighten the moment. No matter whether you have a generator or not, being without power and water is a PITA. Glad you are getting back on track.

I would like to see some pics when you get things back to normal. I know how stressful things can get at times. Hang in there and grow like crazy :)
Peace

Managed to score some internet time so I took some pictures to give an overview of where I am at right now.

Darkhorse - The plants went without light for almost 3 days and seemed to be ok. THey stretched a lot and the growth they produced was thick and very white. They got flimsy once I brought them outside abut they recovered fine and are maintaining now. Now that I have started some actual strains, the bagseeds plants are kinda on the back burner.

Here's the veg closet, outside and in.
closet2.jpgopencloset.jpg

I have 2 bag seeds going in there in my new coco fiber pots. They are going to act as canaries would for coal miners but for the real genetics that I just sowed.

Right now I have a bunch of bagseeds outside. I have 9 plants in 2 gallonish pots and I fimmed all but 2 of them. I don't know if its the genetics or what, but it seems like whenever I FIM these bagseed, the males all instantly pop balls. Is that weird?
I also have a bunch of plants just surviving in solo cups so I can replace the plants in the bigger pots that turn out to be boys.
outside.jpgtable.jpgoutside2.jpg

On to the good stuff...
I finally popped some legit beans! I got some seeds from a friend that was over in Cali for harvest time helping people out. One of the growers gifted some strains he grows and has bred. No real strain info on them, just funny names.
rent.jpglabels.jpg
Legend:
(3) S.A.K : World of Seeds South African Kwazulu
(2) W.W.F : Seedsman White Widow Fem (freebies)
(2) S.D.F.I.S.S : "Super Dense Fruity Indica Sticky Sativa"
(3) O.G. : "Orange Bud"

sMACk

This lack of internet is really making it hard to keep this journal relevant... I will take some pictures tomorrow morning and post em... if any one is still there...

sMACk

haa awesome, thanks Iams!

here are some pics as promised... this is just whats going on outside right now

got those younguns going in the closet, but they arent really photo worthy yet...

sMACk

over.jpg

over2.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

close.jpg

close2.jpg

smaller.jpg

nother update...

outside
outside.jpgveronica.jpg
Vclose.jpgbclose.jpg

and FINALLY the closet...
closet.jpg
I FIMmed the two WWs because htey were outpacing everything else... trying to keep an even canopy
FIM1.jpgFIM2.jpg

thanks for stoppin by,
sMACk

Thaks for updating...looking good!

Yes, thanks for the pictures. They are looking real nice. good luck from here on out...

Peace

Hey Iams and Hemper! I appreciate you guys staying faithful to the journal haha

The indoor plants have already gotten way bigger and there is no space left between them... I'm gonna need some advice on when to pot up... I'll put up some better profile pictures so you can see how big they are compared to their containers.

Everything has been going well. I just cut down one of the tiny plants from outside that finished flowering. Looks like it will be like a 2g nug, but it will give me a sample of this bagseed strain at least. Plus the two big ones should be coming down in 2-4weeks... but its hard to tell.. not enough experience...

sMACk

okkk, sooo I got a new camera from the gf for christmas!! woo hoo!!

Its freakin awesome, its a Nikon d5100 with a 18 - 51mm lens.

I forgot to take a picture of the closet, which I will soon because it is out of control.

I had to put half the plants outside to start flowering because there is no room in the closet. They have been outside for a week, no visibile signs of flowering yet really...

ENJOY, hope everything is going well for everyone

sMACk

Oh yea, one of the "effects" the camera has is this sketch thing. I took a picture of the plants like that and it looks pretty cool...

over.jpg

seedlings.jpg

closeup1.jpg

closeup2.jpg

sketch.jpg

Very nice lookin plants.. Looks like they are going to be monsters....:icon_smile:

Maybe this will interest more people....

Finally some serious pictures of whats about come out of the closet for flowering.

first an overview of the setup again... its been a little revamped, swapped out blackout fabric for the styrofoam and the new ballast plus some new little fans for circulationg, on Hemper's advice.
closet2.jpgcloset.jpg

Next we'll do a dramatic sweep up the plants...
bottoms.jpgmid.jpgtops.jpg

and finally what it looks like up top
light.jpg

sMACk

Latest posts

Back