Gotta ask

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PotSmokinSaint

P.P.H.S. Member
Reaction score
I know there are stories of chemdawg and OG and stuff but I wanted to know is there a bud out there that came from bag seeds. I mean Mexican brick or anything of that sort. Has there been a bud Out like that? I see sometimes a lot of these seed companies say unknown hybrid or unknown genetics. I know sometimes they do that so people don't figure out their lines but it always makes me think they had some killer bag weed decided to grow it but don't want to admit it is. Just a thought.

Even if they did have just a random bag seed, there are tools available to people altering genetics on this level to identify a strain and match it's genetics on paper to something known and named.

However I have never personally heard of a strain gaining the title of renowned starting from a bag someone bought, I mean it had to start somewhere outside a ziploc right....

There are many strains that started out with landrace genetics. Not exactly what you would call that "bagseed", but kind of the same thing.

All bagseed is genetics of some kind. Just because it comes from a bag doesn't mean that it is inferior quality. I, personally, do not use bagseed, because of the "unknowns"--not knowing the source of the pollen--the high probability of hermies or a ditchweed pollen donor--chances I am just not willing to take anymore with such good genetics being so inexpensive.

My buddy grew out some bagseed a couple years ago and it killed the named stuff running around the area at the time. I definitely think you're theory is plausible. I have a couple bagseed going with my White Russian right now.

Latest posts

Back