Grain alcohol Shatter

Discussion in 'Hash' started by Gooch, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Mar 14, 2017 #41

Kraven

Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

Cannabis / Mushroom Farmer
    “A place is only as good as the people in it.”
    How do you like it so far Gooch? how much herb can you run at a time? How long is the process???

2. Mar 14, 2017 #42

Gooch

Gooch

Gooch

Well I am in the beginning stages of using it, the product is good, not much left from terps after alcohol wash, I am still getting alot of the color coming through because i am only using a 20 micron filter, there is much better filter material out there and i am slowly getting everything lines up, so other then color, i am very happy. they say you can run an oz per cup of alcohol, and the system will hold 2 cups total so theoretically you could run 2z at a time, but as it removes the alcohol it gets thicker and you need to transfer it to a silicone container while its still somewhat liquid, so i try to run small batches as i am not selling it, i am only using it myself and this **** lasts so long, i must have 10g so far and 1 gram will last me over a month lol. there is a built in timer that goes for 120 minutes and it has 2 modes regular and turbo i only run on turbo as this drives a slightly deeper cooler vacuum. but after the initial run when i switch it to the silicone i run it again for a full cycle, then when its all done i throw it in the oven at 170f for a couple hours. I am contemplating doing 215f and decarbing it, not sure yet though.

3. Mar 14, 2017 #43

Kraven

Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

Cannabis / Mushroom Farmer
    “A place is only as good as the people in it.”
    Sounds interesting, i'd like to follow along. I would run small batches to...not for sale, just for me ;)

4. Mar 14, 2017 #44

Gooch

Gooch

Gooch

I am going to do a super fast wash like 15-20 seconds and see what comes out, maybe do that 3 or 4 times, rather then 1 wash for 3 minutes