grate suggestion hippy!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt420lane

Reaction score
Hello

I have a suggestion, its worthy of consideration, a lot of people on this site hugely miss the shout box, it was used for quick morning hello's and simple stoned banter, it was a way of letting people communicate freely and quickly, a place where new people could come and say hello, a place where talkaholics live and a place where quick questions get quick answers without starting a pointless thread just for a 3 word reply never to be used again, the shout gave a lifeline to lonely people who could feel safe and comfortable with like minded adults, it had become an integrated part of the forum, a thing that let this site stand out above others, people are leaving this site and joining other sites because of the importance of interaction verbally (ok typing) in real time and not waiting for hours for someone to reply to a thread, thus my suggestion .....

If Admin charged $1 to join the site and asked all current members to pay $1 it would pay for an upgraded server and the shout could come back, people who refuse to pay can still use the site as guests, and only paid members could access the whole site, shout included (guests can see the shout but not join in), a 'donation' of $1 per year is not a bad idea, no spammers would pay to spam, banned members would not keep paying $1 to come back just for a rant then get banned again, im fully willing to 'donate' $1, $1 is a gesture of willingness to help the site out and the 'donation', we could word it as a 'donation', to further the education of future growers (thanks Banjo :aok: )

thanks hippy...I feel it inportent as well to have this chat box and would be
willing to give!!!!!

subject open....lol.....:rant:

If it is no problem for you to use another namespace and database, I can donate my namespace and web are for shoutbox.

matt420lane said:
a lot of people on this site hugely miss the shout box

If you define 20 people as a "lot of people on this site", then you're right.

It slowed the site down to a crawl.

Here's an idea; Buy a registered copy of vBulletin, pay to have it on a server in Holland and start your own chat group for MJ. I'll bet MarP would even let you advertise it here on this group.

Problem solved ! :hubba:

No attack meant, man. I'm just really tired of hearing about the damn chat crap.

Every month, the same tired old thread starts. Let's skip next months version, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back