Gravity drip system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie m

LIFE IS GOOD
Reaction score
Hello my friends!!
It’s been a bit, but thanks to your help and walking me through, I finished last season with nearly 2 lbs! This season I am looking into making a gravity drip system with a 30 gal Rubbermaid can. Any suggestions on how much water to release and can you add nutrients into the drip system

😊 thank you.

Sure you can add nutrients to a drip system. Wouldn't recommend running organics, though. You'll want to use salts instead. You'll like want to use a slightly larger reservoir, too. 50+ gallons unless you setup a float valve to top it off. I'd start with 2 gallons per hour, per dripper.

Since this is a gravity feed system, I don't think you'll be able to get away with using limiting drippers (these require pressure to work properly), you'll like need to run the dripper feed lines open bore, so you'll need to do some measurements and dial it in to hit your target volume, kinda like how you determine how long to water a lawn.

Latest posts

Back