grayman has germinated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You came to the right place. IMHO you need smoke more of a stativa which unless you smoke a small field keep you up and in the game . A esteemed member turned me on to snocaine which i am popping tomorrow . There has been ballards sung about this strain and its magical effect in the boudoir. Cannot substanuate the latter comment but it gives me hope none the less.... You might want to try vaping flower to lessen the cough.
Agreed. Several months ago I was intentionally seeking out Indica or Hybrids since I had issue with paranoia/anxiety in the past. Not anymore, so I'm def gonna be leaning towards the Sativas/Hybrids for flower. The one I'm growing now is a Gelato 45 Hybrid. Any experience with this strain?

Also, snocaine? What's snocaine, precious? Given the context, it sounds like you may be talking about this. But Google also gave me this also. Is there another way through the mountain?

day022-1.JPG

Day 22.

day023-1.JPG
day023.JPG

Day 23.

You came to the right place. IMHO you need smoke more of a stativa which unless you smoke a small field keep you up and in the game . A esteemed member turned me on to snocaine which i am popping tomorrow . There has been ballards sung about this strain and its magical effect in the boudoir. Cannot substanuate the latter comment but it gives me hope none the less.... You might want to try vaping flower to lessen the cough.
I will be trying a different strain to vape flower with. I just got an Ariser Solo 2, so vaping is much better than with the G Pen Dash I bought initially. Could you recommend a vender to purchase seeds of that snocaine strain you mentioned?

I will be trying a different strain to vape flower with. I just got an Ariser Solo 2, so vaping is much better than with the G Pen Dash I bought initially. Could you recommend a vender to purchase seeds of that snocaine strain you mentioned?
Smoked out of an Ariser Solo 2 many times. That was Yoop's favorite vape.
Yes I can Great Lakes genetics
Right here in my neck of the woods.

day024-1.JPG
day024-2.jpg

day024-3.jpg

Day 24, and as @WeedHopper said, she's a weird looking plant. First, one of the cotyledon got messed up, then some odd looking leaf growth on the next node, then a whorled phyllotaxy? Regardless, she's beautiful to me. Gave her 200 ml water.

Last edited:
day025.JPG

Day 25. I fed with 350 ml of the FF Big Bloom at 1 tablespoon (15 mL) per gallon (4 L). I put about half of those nutes 2-3" from the stem 180-degrees apart (i.e. in two locations directly across each other). I did this to 1) encourage root growth out towards the water and 2) to allow the other "half" of the roots to be exposed to oxygen. IDK. When your first grow is a mutant it can only get better from here.

Last edited:
Will do. 300 ml sound better? It's in a 3 gal pot.
I don’t water by volume but, sure, give that a go. I wouldn’t have it in such a large pot at this point and would water until run off in the small pots I would have it in then let the pot soak up some of the run off of 10-15 minutes. That isn’t an option for you but giving it more water will probably help it grow faster. It just looks thirsty to me.

day026.JPG

day026-1.JPG
day026-2.JPG

Day 26. Some close-ups of the weird fan leaves and the whorled phyllotaxy. I moved the lights up to be about 12" above the top. The video below shows one of the little fruit fly looking bugs that are all over the soil. Anything to be concerned about?

Last edited:
Kill 'em if ya can. They are harmless, but the grubs that their eggs turn into killed the roots on some of my plants. I hung some old fashioned Shell pest strips in the grow room way before it was flower time. It seemed to work. I'd also heard of crunching up mosquito pucks and putting them in the reservoir on my RDWC. Didn't work.

day028.JPG

Day 28. Since she seemed dry-ish, I fed her 350 ml of Big Bloom nutes at same strength (~1.1 ml nutes in 350 ml water).
day029.JPG

Day 29. So far my 4 fruit fly traps have caught none. The most effective has been a hand vaccum and me squishing what I can. I've got some Fox Farm Don't Bug Me Pyrethrin Spray coming soon. Below is a pic of what I expect to top as soon as there's enough space between the stalk and the little side shoots. By my count there are 5 nodes below what I'm looking to top. What I'm counting as the first node is the set of leaves above the cotyledons (and it already has two new leaves coming from it's crotch).
day029-top.JPG

Latest posts

Back