great wolfe lodge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbongo

noobie with a doobie
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been to the great Wolfe lodge in Texas. Took my wife and kids for the weekend, pretty cool place, but like everything else a bit pricy

I have been to one but not that one.

They are a bit pricy but all amusement/water parks are getting that way.

The kids sure do enjoy it though.

4u2sm0ke said:
"THE KIDS!!!!"

real cool one here in Washington State

I think you may be enjoying it in a bit different way 4u;) then the kids:hubba:

Haha, we have Paramounts Kings island and the standard Six Flags Over Your Neck Of The Woods parks. Fun times, for sure! I'm skipping them next summer in lieu of skidiving! More expensive, but damn the thrill of it just seems like it would political name riding them coasters.

Hell yeah getnasty...I would love to fall from the sky....that would be a real kick me thinks

:48:

PuffinNugs said:
it was closed when we got there. :p

I would have been so upset, if that happened to me, that I would have stormed in there and taken a security guard hostage.:p

Yep, been to one a few times and yes it is pricy. I try to look at it this way: a night in a room would be about 100 bucks and tickets to a water park would be about 100 bucks..so it's not too bad. The kids have a blast, you can get a beer, lol.

We are cheap and take in smoked turkey, mashed taters, dressing, sweet potatoes, giblet gravy, pumpkin pie, used the microwave oven in the room to heat everything up. Saves $$$ that way. (we usually go on Xmas day) plus it's better then the overpriced crap they have there.

Did you do the magic quest thingy?

I can only handle one night a year, I get water logged.

Glad you guys had fun.

getnasty said:
Haha, we have Paramounts Kings island and the standard Six Flags Over Your Neck Of The Woods parks. Fun times, for sure! I'm skipping them next summer in lieu of skidiving! More expensive, but damn the thrill of it just seems like it would political name riding them coasters.

I wanted to dive solo, so opted for the class/dive combo, I think it was $125 back about 20 years ago lol, all extra dives were $25. All day class, they taught the basics of untangling the cords and such, then took you up for the dive. I was first out, so was very nervous and was a bit "hesitant" at letting go (you swung out onto the step while holding a bar on the wing, then basically stepped off and hung from the wing until told to let go).

It was GREAT! Could see for miles, was having great fun going around and looking all over. The landing wasn't perfect, but I hit the target and was really stoked about going again. Having to wait for the plane's return and for the teacher to grade us etc, I had time for my nerves to catch up and my whole body started tingling....like a leg or arm going to sleep feeling. When it got really tingly all over my body, I decided I best light up my only joint to calm down a bit. I was better after that lol

I went back to pick up my certificate, I decided no way I'd jump again without another joint available to calm me and just wanted to get my certificate and head on home. When I went to get it, the instructor looked at me funny then told me he had to fail me. "fail? I'm still alive" was my reply, but he said that he just couldn't pass someone who exited the plane kicking and screaming. :rofl:

True story....

Oh, and I asked what would happen should our chutes not open, the instructor said to kiss your *** goodbye, you're on your own! YIKES!!

Oh, and we have Cedar Point, King's Island and Michigan Adventures here. Cedar Point is INCREDIBLE, but yes, pricey! Haven't been in several years, the walking around would kill me these days, but the rides :) :) They have spooky weekend deals coming up though, might check it out!

No we didn't do the magic quest, my boys r 9 and 12 and think they r to cool for that stuff, thank God. Looked like a lot of up and down the stairs, LOL. The rides aren't bad, like the toilet bowl one a lot. Boys had a blast and that's what's important.
Don't know if I could do the sky diving thing, could barely handle walking up the stairs fir the slides, I don't work well with being up hi, off the ground any ways, LOL
oh and another big bonus, there was a freebirds nearby, best burritos ever imo

Latest posts

Back