Green Cloud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingNatural

You snooze,you lose....
Reaction score
Hey guys,Last year I kept you up to date with my 'misty mountain hop' thread,which contained some heartbreak and triumph :D I had WW,NL up there.This year I ordered an outdoor seed pack which is Durban poison,hollands hope & purple WW + 5 free mazar.I am sure you are all well aware of the site which I got the seeds.I had great success last year,however I am growing at a great altitude and had a problem with mold last year,due to moist-cool conditions.I think these strains should do much better at my spot.I am also going to be constructing a water capturing device,to contain approx. 45 gallons of water,without disturbing the landscape in any way,which will aslo be easily wrapped up and used for following seasons.I will be providing pics throughout this season.I have 33 lil' ones all started in paper towels and birthed in Fox Farms happy frog soil.They are very happy,you will see in the pics that there are a couple of lil' ones that seem to have just "popped".These were seeds that did'nt grow a tap root in the towel and were in there for over a week....So,don't give up,life finds a way. STAY COOL

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0191.JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

I have No journal,I will start one though.Thanx for the good words.I came back from the death-defying task of lugging two bails of 107L pro-mix ,four 44Qt moo-plus,30 ten gallon grow bags and some assorted goodies from the ocean and other places provided by fox farms 3 miles up and in to my spot,which I mixed with the compost piles I have up on green cloud.I will have pics of the completed site in the coming week or two. Thanx for reading..STAY COOL

Good luck man, those plants will thrive I bet! And DFish, your welcome to come and live in the forest here, I bet you could pull off a mean crop. I used to spot grow areas as I drove down the hwy. All you need is a little water and no people, and you could grow on the side of a freeway.:)

I have transplanted 11 lil ones so far into ten gal poly grow bags.The rest I should have done in about a week.I set up my rainwater catchment system.Since I have set it up there has been no substantial rains.However,there has been a few breif downpours and a day long on and off shower that collectively dumped about an inch over a week since I put it up.That little bit of rain gave me just about 15 gallons of water :D From my catchment tank,which is 36 gallons with an extra 15 gallons of overfill runoff tanks,I have set up a gravity fed drip irrigation system which is a 1/2 inch supply hose to an eight valve discharge manifold to 1/4 inch drip tubing with adjustable drip nozzles @ 0-16 gph.Each plant will have a nozzle at the base of their stem,receiving a six gph rate @ 20 min interval.While being fed I will keep the "yard" clean ,tend to pest problems, hydrate and work on my tan :D All my plants are doing well and since the hook-up of my irrigation I hope to have a more fruitful fall,last year there were a few deaths in the family due to the rugged terrain and the life threat bring up four 5 gal jugs at a time up 45 and 90 degree inclines :p but we pulled through and had a fine harvest,you can see last years grom in my misty mountain hop thread. Stay Cool

DSC02943.JPG

DSC02944.JPG

DSC02951.JPG

DSC02953.JPG

DSC02955.JPG

DSC02952.JPG

Hey,
We had a considerable amount of rain last night,with storms.A few of the lil ones took a beating.I have seen worse,a couple were washed out of their bags with alot of soil.I was able to recoup some of the soil and the plants did not take root to their new homes yet.So all I did was transplant again :(All the others looked good,with a lil bit of bug damage,since I have not been there in about a week to spray.My water tanks were filled to the brim.So much so that they were buckled:) Now I have about 75 gallons of water for when I am not so fortunate with the rains.I found a male,unfortunately it was not one that was washed out of its home.I tossed it off the cliff hoping it will root down there and allow me to harvest its pollen.here are some pics. Stay Cool.

DSC02980.JPG

DSC02979.JPG

DSC02978.JPG

DSC02974.JPG

I hear ya on that rain. Mine must have thought I was low stress training them since they were horizontal after our storms in May. Sorry some got damaged. I hope they go back to rooting for you.

Thanks for the pics of your watering system. I'm guessing the clear blue water jug is your ferts? I'm happy you've got plenty of water now. The pics definitely help clear up some questions so now I don't have to bother you asking them. I like it:hubba: .

Thanks again for the help in my thread, some of my plants have almost doubled their size in a week, and 2 of them are over knee high. I guess I haven't over fertilized them yet.

Good luck with your crop man

sorry about the hard rains, where i live we get alot of hard rains which is something im worrying about as well.

how exactly did you build your rain catcher??
thanks and keep it green bro

Hey,
Thanx for the comments,you can see the rain collection "contraption" at the beginning of the thread.As far as number of plants,my spot is very remote in does not fall into the criteria of "places of interest". there are NO substantial sources of water,and no easy ways to drive/walk in,and i'm at about 2700' with heavy tree cover all around :p I have grown large crops here without incident [knockity knock knock on wood] As far as the nutrients go,that 5 gal. Jug is just another runoff,I have two sterlite 35 gallon tubs,one for clean water one for nutes,I also add stress zyme to the water.It's a live bio aquarium additive that kills bad bacteria and keeps ph levels ideal.Since that heavy wash-out incident I have reinforced the sides of the bags with boulders from the mountainside. Stay Cool

Looking great FlyingNatural, awesome set up to catch the rain. Want to pull up a seat and watch this one, I watched last year and loved it too!

Thanks TC last year was fruitful.My wife is down to her last couple of Oz's,so this year has got to ring true.
Thanks for stopping by STAY COOL :D

Man, the wealth of knowledge I gain here is priceless. Very nice setup FN, sorry to here about the little downpour problem. I wish I had a spot as sweet as that! The only forest around me is HUGE!!! Buuttt there is over 60 miles of endless biking and hiking trails through every nook and cranny.
Anyways, I will definetely keep my eyes on your progress. :watchplant: And whats that stuff I keep hearing about all the time....Oh YEA, LOTS OF GREEN MOJO!!!

Latest posts

Back