Green Crack & White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spunom

Reaction score
Organic soil grow in 8 gallon SIPs
Fem seeds
Temps 82/75 ish lights on/off
Humidity PITA
SF1000 @ 24"

Beans popped about 12 hours apart in MG performance organics soil on 1/5/22. I had the lights @ 30" at first. GC stretched, so I lowered to 28". It stretched some more. Lowered to 24". This GC seems to be a light loving little fkr. The WW doesn't seem to care where the light is.

Going to transplant into the SIPs when they outgrow the cups. In the meantime, filled the reservoirs half way with 1 tbsp of EM/gallon.

Starting seeds in winter here is a challenge. Humidity is extremely difficult to keep high enough for them. Using a warm mist humidifier. Yesterday, it was @ 45%. Today, I'm struggling to keep it above 30% with the outside temp drop/winter dry conditions. I don't close my tent, but the room is 10x12 with the humidifier running 24/7 right inside the tent. Going to turn it up to the high setting to see if I can combat the dip. I need to look into a controller and exhaust fan so I can close the tent and maybe regulate it.

Yesterday

20220106_061422.jpg
20220106_061426.jpg

Today

20220107_184140.jpg

how do you plan on keeping the sprout from falling over...she's at that point where she isn't gonna be too stable...

how do you plan on keeping the sprout from falling over...she's at that point where she isn't gonna be too stable...
Thank you so much for reminding me! I wish I'd have left some room from soil to top of the cup... Lesson learned. I know this ain't pretty or perfect, but it's all I can think of to do. Very open to suggestions.

20220107_191455.jpg

Last edited:
my method exactly when I put too much soil in the cups...I've found that half cups when adding soil leaves me more room to infill if you will...I tend to keep my sprouts very close to the lights to prevent stretching...knocking over 8 sprouts and mixing up the names is gonna make for an unusual grow this time around...I popped more of the same beans so I can ID the bastards ones as they grow...

I couldn't stand the sight if that rig, so I changed it.

20220107_194837.jpg

These are both brand new strains to me. Normally, I use my led bulbs in shop light reflectors @ about 3-4 inches until I transplant. Decided to go ahead and use the SF this time so there's a learning curve. It's an unbalanced curve since I didn't leave room for error in the cups... Doh!!

Thank you very much for pointing this out for me so I could learn to adjust to my error.

Yesterday, I was putting the SIPs in the tent to pre-water them and get the soil life going. I was turning back to put the second one in when I drug my stupid foot and turned the WW cup on its side lol. Luckily, the seedling didn't get disturbed too bad, and I was able to stand it back up and get the soil back around it with no real harm done. Don't drink and garden 🤣

My intention was to main-line these plants. I really like WW, and I've been wanting to try GC for a while now. So I'm going to just top and tie down this time so I don't royally fk this grow up by trying something new.

dood, I've been hard at it growing for 21 years and have done some really foolish stuff in that time period...learn from your mistakes and you'll be an ace in the tent in no time...it took me 3 years to realize that I was breaking one of growing cardinal rules...we learn by failing if we have the balls to get back up and try again...failure isn't an option

my method exactly when I put too much soil in the cups...I've found that half cups when adding soil leaves me more room to infill if you will...I tend to keep my sprouts very close to the lights to prevent stretching...knocking over 8 sprouts and mixing up the names is gonna make for an unusual grow this time around...I popped more of the same beans so I can ID the bastards ones as they grow...
Well I hope so, sometimes I do find variation between plants from same seeds.

Bubba

Also you need air moving the seedling ever so slightly. That vibration makes the stalk thicker and stronger where it won't fall over.
But the main thing like Boo said is don't make the seedling stretch trying to get to the light.

this right here is why I only fill my beer cups up half way with soil…

858D37C2-7D85-43EC-97C8-2734016B4AE0.jpeg

when the plant starts growing , it is held up by the sides of the cup

as soon as the plant reaches the top of the cup , I add more soil which supports the plant

I never have to use anything to support them until they get bigger and need staking

this right here is why I only fill my beer cups up half way with soil…

View attachment 285821

when the plant starts growing , it is held up by the sides of the cup

as soon as the plant reaches the top of the cup , I add more soil which supports the plant

I never have to use anything to support them until they get bigger and need staking
This is the first time I've had this problem since my first attempt at growing. I should have left room for error since I was trying an unfamiliar strain along with not using my little lights to start off with. Rookie mistake lol. At least now I know better and can be better prepared next round. Thanks y'all for the help and input.

This is the first time I've had this problem since my first attempt at growing. I should have left room for error since I was trying an unfamiliar strain along with not using my little lights to start off with. Rookie mistake lol. At least now I know better and can be better prepared next round. Thanks y'all for the help and input.

no problems

it took me several grows and losing a lot of small plants when they would just fall over , some from dampening off before I started the half a cup method

so , any genetic information on your Icy Jamai?

Organic soil grow in 8 gallon SIPs
Fem seeds
Temps 82/75 ish lights on/off
Humidity PITA
SF1000 @ 24"

Beans popped about 12 hours apart in MG performance organics soil on 1/5/22. I had the lights @ 30" at first. GC stretched, so I lowered to 28". It stretched some more. Lowered to 24". This GC seems to be a light loving little fkr. The WW doesn't seem to care where the light is.

Going to transplant into the SIPs when they outgrow the cups. In the meantime, filled the reservoirs half way with 1 tbsp of EM/gallon.

Starting seeds in winter here is a challenge. Humidity is extremely difficult to keep high enough for them. Using a warm mist humidifier. Yesterday, it was @ 45%. Today, I'm struggling to keep it above 30% with the outside temp drop/winter dry conditions. I don't close my tent, but the room is 10x12 with the humidifier running 24/7 right inside the tent. Going to turn it up to the high setting to see if I can combat the dip. I need to look into a controller and exhaust fan so I can close the tent and maybe regulate it.

Yesterday

View attachment 285778View attachment 285779

Today

View attachment 285780

hahahahahahhaa!

you are correctamundo Amigo!

it was Andrew who has the Jamaican plant!

dam this is some good weed!

one year old c99

I fill mine with Beer

Had to lower the light more. Is 28" not the right height for seedlings?

I have a pb1000. Would I be better off turning it on and raising the other or leave it?

I forgot to mention the WW stretched also this time

1 week old. Temps 82/79 rh 41%.
Still battling humidity. Low 40s seems to be the best I can get. No water needed yet.
20220112_173912.jpg

Got the new batch of EM put together and activated.
20220112_174621.jpg

pH is 4.8 at 49°F. Hoping it will approach 3.5ish by the time I transplant.

How much will temperature affect pH if at all?

Latest posts

Back