Green Fang's back, and inviting you into his office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's chop-chop day for 2x Critical Jack Herer, 1x Black Cauldron and 1x Blue Lemon Thai. Day 77 for these strong Sativa leaners (except for the BLT, that's very Indica dom, but this mutant wasn't even close to ready when it should have been).

This Black Cauldron.. man... guys, take note of OG Seeds. Everything I've ever run from them has majorly impressed me!!

Will post pics if I get some. So strapped for time!

Lots going on here. Attempting a Scrog with this next one. I've already done one scrog, and it worked quite well, but I did a HORRIBLE strain through it and .. yeah, meh.

This is going to be slightly complex, but I'm running 7 plants in this scrog. Hopefully it should eliminate some of the extensive veg time that I would normally do if I did 4. My goal is to do 4 in a scrog now, and see how that goes.

Will get pics up soon, just really tapped for time! Off to go see The Boxtrolls with my daughter today. Very important things! :D

Small picture update.

Firstly, it looks like I had two (rather large) silkworm's eating some fan leaves. They never touched a bud, but got to a few of the leaves. I found them under a couple, when I was chopping down my last tent. Any and all thoughts on this please??

There's a shot of my Black Cauldron that's been chopped, and the entire full drying tent,. There's a shot of the clones in my dirty veg table that I need to clean today. There's a shot of my 5x Pineapple Express and 1x Tangilope at around week 3 in flowering. And there's some shots of my Scrog. Normally, I wouldn't do my scrog like this, but I had 7 going in and figured "why not"? It will at least help me spread them out as much as possible before I flip. How long should I veg this screen do you think? Should I do the "3/4 full then flip" rule, or possibly flip earlier with this many?

Thoughts.. any and all. Please let me have them.

:aok:

*edit*
Sorry, some of the picture edits were done "quick and dirty" as I'm stressed for time.

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stWIDE (1 of 6).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (2 of 8).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (3 of 8).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (1 of 8).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stWIDE (5 of 6).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stWIDE (2 of 6).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (4 of 8).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (8 of 8).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (5 of 8).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (6 of 8).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stWIDE (3 of 6).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stWIDE (4 of 6).JPG

View attachment JournalUpdateOct1stTALL (7 of 8).JPG

Looking good. I have never done a SCROG so can't help there. I think I would feak out if I found a silk worm in my grow. Not a fan of bugs.

That pillar is huge! I can almost hear him eating that leaf lol. I'm not one for writing short stories on here soooo. Plants look very healthy, Bud looks awesome. Pics all came out great! Keep on doin what yer doin!

Looks good Fang. It depends how much that strain stretches in flower, if they double in size it won't take long to fill that screen. I know with my led light I get very minimal stretch so I could probably go 90% full before flipping to 12/12.

What a great harvest! Plants are beautiful as always.

What is the distance from the top of the pots to the bottom of the screen? I think you may want to raise the screen on the scrog a bit.

What a great harvest! Plants are beautiful as always.

What is the distance from the top of the pots to the bottom of the screen? I think you may want to raise the screen on the scrog a bit.

I knew this one, but I'm going to use a funnel with a bent tube to get nutes in. IT's like this because of veg time and other various factors. If I get more distance, I'm going to increase my veg time.

What do you think I should do about flipping with these 7 in 3 gal pots THG? Also, what do you think about the Silk Worm?

Thanks for the comments all! :)

Looks good Fang. It depends how much that strain stretches in flower, if they double in size it won't take long to fill that screen. I know with my led light I get very minimal stretch so I could probably go 90% full before flipping to 12/12.

Yeah, I was thinking that, and I have various strains in here, so it's all going to be different. I'm thinking I should stick to the standard of 3/4 full.

Hey cool man that is "Ahhooka the smoking catapillar" :D If you aren't sure, go ask Alice. Let him eat a bunch more of the sugar leaves then dry and smoke him :eek: Then watch the new version of Alice in Wonderland :hubba:

I would go with the 3/4 full on the scrog. They should fill it pretty quick with it being that close. :)

Let him eat a bunch more of the sugar leaves then dry and smoke him

LOL! :laugh:

I would go with the 3/4 full on the scrog. They should fill it pretty quick with it being that close.

Yeah, that's what I'm certainly thinking. :aok:

Alright, dry weight for last haul was around 21 O's. My goal each time is 16, so I consider this a success. What I don't like is the BLT that I'm never running again. Beyond that, this Black Cauldron is easily the best thing I've run since Wizard's Potion.. which shows me a pattern here; OG Seeds are phenomenal! I'm going to run entire runs of their stuff, and just have 1 experimental plant on the side at a time.

Pics to come soon enough.

Fang , what didn't you like about the Blue Lemon Thai, was it from CH9? I have a freebee coming from attitude. I was hoping it might be good.

BLT from seed is quite decent. Almost worth the space it takes, from seed. I've run from seed twice, as I got mine as a freebie the first time I ran it, and it was the best of the 2 kinds (other kind was Pineapple Chunk from B-Farms). I liked it enough to purchase a few beans about a half a year or more down the road. From seed, again, it was rather good...but everytime I cloned it, it got worse and worse. So I only have room and time for strains that meet my "check list" and BLT is far from meeting all the check marks.

Thank you Fang, I guess it will be a one time thing, did the clones not grow well or was the potency not there?

Latest posts

Back