Green Mojo for Nerds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
Right, linguistics aficionados, green mojo for the first nerds to name a common English word with nine letters and one syllable. I can think of at least three.

Not sure, gonna stretch out and scrounge through my memory to see what I can scratch up.

You know, I can't think of any not starting with S...what's up with that? I have come up with 4 now...6 counting Emmett's

i havent been "schnapps"ed in years

brings back memories

It's because S combines with most consonants and a lot of diphthongs. All of which I could think are S words as well. Roddy got two of them and one of which I hadn't thought, but there is at least one other one (that begins with S, of course).

:confused2: Why you asking stoners to think? We forget the question before we get to the question mark

Strengths, scrounged, scratched, stretched...and a whole lot of 8 lettered ones LOL

Never would have thought of straights nor how to use in a sentence...

Roddy said:
Strengths, scrounged, scratched, stretched...and a whole lot of 8 lettered ones LOL

Never would have thought of straights nor how to use in a sentence...
I completely forgot about strengths as well, a painfully obvious word in a "various pot strains" context. :doh:

When I came up with this "riddle" (apparently some of my fellow nerds had invented it previously), I never thought of straights either before I started playing poker. As in "I wish I could hit a few straights. All the hands I get are one of a kind."

Latest posts

Back