Green2Black's first Tent grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not familiar with the Advanced Nutrients Sensi line, but I use their Jungle Juice.(which I use at half strength along with additives). I haven't checked my ppm's this grow but I believe that my ppm's were around 900 at the start of flower my last grow.
Advanced Nutrients regimen suggests 4ml/L of Sensi Bloom A & B. I would suggest starting with a solution mix at 1/4 strength and adjust from there....
If you do a Google search for Advanced Nutrients Sensi regimen you will find a few different charts that also include recommended supplements.

Update:

The plants have been moved around and seem to be liking the light. I gave them a half feeding of nutes yesterday. I want to switch them to flower this Friday. Bulbs are coming tomorrow. Gotta get my timers set up and make sure they are working properly.

Here are some pictures. I have those tips that are a little brown still.

View attachment 20160310_091702.jpg

View attachment 20160310_092628.jpg

View attachment 20160312_234631.jpg

View attachment 20160313_superman og 1.jpg

View attachment 20160313_superman og 2.jpg

Well its time for another update. I am 11 days into flowering. I am not sure what is going on with my plants. I am running out of room in the tent. I got a new 2x4x5 tent because it fit perfectly in my grow space. But i am running out of head room in this one as well :/

But yeah, I hope I can get some input. Thank you guys. I attached some pictures from last week and tonight.

Thank you everyone!
-Side note - BlackDog LED Platinum lxu 750 anyone have some experience with that light?

View attachment 20160324_211515.jpg

View attachment 20160324_211535.jpg

View attachment 20160329_201357.jpg

View attachment 20160329_201403.jpg

View attachment 20160329_202408.jpg

View attachment 20160329_202440.jpg

View attachment 20160331_074541.jpg

View attachment 20160331_210144.jpg

View attachment 20160331_210149.jpg

View attachment 20160331_210225.jpg

View attachment 20160331_210230.jpg

Update: Well I decided to trim up the bottom the plant. I did this because I am using a T5 system on this grow so the penetration isn't as great as I'd like. I figure if I kill the bottom 30% or so, it would give the plant more energy to focus on the top buds.

I attached a couple of pictures. I think I may be still having too high of numbers or something on my plants. Cant tell what is going on.

View attachment Dark Green on Edges.jpg

View attachment Brown Tip Close Up.jpg

View attachment Weird Dark Spots on leaves 2.jpg

View attachment Weird Dark Spots on leaves.jpg

View attachment Bottom Cut Off.jpg

Those brown tips will stay brown. Once damaged/dead will stay that way.

Looks like a lot of stretch going on. This happens when changing to 12/12 lighting for about 2 to 3 weeks. Also from having your lights to far away. T-5's can be within an inch or so of the canopy.

Flower time is when they really need to feed.

Yeah :/ I wonder what to do. I am out of space in the tent as well. All buds are pretty close to the lights now with no room to raise the lights.

I appreciate the input. Thank you

I would have recommended cleaning up the bottom of the plant, regardless of what light you are using. Those little popcorn buds at the bottom can be a real PITA. Looks a lot better IMO. The stems of the plants look small enough so that you could do a bit of lst if the plants are too tall and growing into the light.

You mentioned an LED light....most LEDs need to be kept 18-24" from the canopy. I am pretty sure that you will find (like I did) that a 5' tall tent is not tall enough to use an LED in.

If they get to tall rub and squeeze the stem where you want to flop over at for additional space. Done correctly the plant barely misses a beat.

Hi G2B....Your plants are looking good, cleaning up the bottom was a great idea. There's just not enough light penetration to do anything good on them lower shoots it's better to focus on energy going to the top bud sites. I do a good bit of this all throughout veg and a bit more right before flower into the first 2 wks of flower. You have to remember once you flip to 12/12 they go through a stretch period and stretch 2x the size they were. Something to keep in mind when planning. The burnt tips are fine it's just from the nutes I don't mind seeing that as long as it doesn't get worse than that. At least you know your feeding well and can get an idea of how much your plants can take. As pc and THG said since you are early in flower I would def consider pinching and bending some stems to get more height room and it also will help in your overall stem strength and buds in the end. Also benefit from some LST but that may be tough with no room in there

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for the input. Last night with the lights on I went ahead and rubbed and pinched some of the stems. I am hoping this will help with the height issue.

Thank you again. I'll try snd get some bud shots soon.

I have broken stems part way in my outdoor grow and it doesn't seem to faze them.. they are hardy plants. Mojo for your grow...pretty plants

SO lots has happened. No space left on top, the cannopy is in the lights. New tent is arriving tomorrow, 6 feet and some inches. Next grow, going for an indica that is short haha.

Some plants have clawed downward leaves :( and brown on the edges. Here are some images. I appreciate all the information you have all given me. I did pinch some stems and got them to be a little lower, but they are still just too big for the tent. Live and learn.

View attachment 20160420_210305.jpg

View attachment 20160420_210257.jpg

View attachment 20160420_210204.jpg

View attachment 20160420_210139.jpg

View attachment 20160420_210111.jpg

Do you have good air circulation in the tent? What are your temps and humidity? Do you have a centrifugal fan hooked up to exchange the air within the tent?

I have 2 small fans blowing air inside the tent and then another fan that's aimed straight up. Then I have a 6" elicit duct fan pulling air out of the tent, and then another small fan blowing air into the tent. I will check the rh and Temps when the lights kick on in 20 min

hey green just got up on your grow and your doing a very good job so far. your plants are trying to let your know that the lights are to close. check your rh and temps and try to move the lights up some. mybe that will stop the claw.as you can see that the leaves under your first set closes to the lights are not doing the claw .

I appreciate the information. Yeah the lights are maxed out right now, and I'm hoping this extra foot in the new one will help. I need a better way to track the temp and rh hourly to see what's going on. Only using a small thermometer that let's me know temp and rh from 12 hours ago.

So another update. Got the new 2x4x6 tent in. Put back up a netting just to help hold the girls up.

It was hot here in socal a couple of days ago, over 90s in my shed :/ the high on the temp gauge said 91. so who knows. the humidity was low, like 24%.

I hope it goes well for these lat few weeks of flowering.

View attachment 20160423_220413.jpg

View attachment 20160423_220139.jpg

View attachment 20160423_220132.jpg

View attachment 20160423_220124.jpg

View attachment 20160423_220047.jpg

View attachment 20160423_220039.jpg

Looking nice:aok:

Latest posts

Back