GreenBandit's Mini-Crop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenBandit

Reaction score
ok i planted my seedling 2days ago and got some sprouting action today, but there hard to see on these pics unless u look real closely...ill update the pics every week or so to keep everyone up to date on the growth of these babies

Closet Setup.JPG

Top view pots.JPG

hey u guys reckon i could place them even closer to the light ? ? ..its a 250w MH globe

No, not just yet. Give them a few days.

Yes, be carefull with that. They can easily burn when they are so small. Better do it save for the first week and then experiment with distance.

I would start it at 3`and lower it a bit each day. The plants will let you know if they get too hot.

That looks like a decent sized room. How big is it? Are you going to be keeping those babies indoors? What is your plan?

its not really that big of a space....60cmx90cm (LxW), the height is about 1.75 meters so there some room there for growth.

ye i plan on keeping indoors...probably veg for a month then start the flowering process...i have a 400w HPS for the flowering stage that i hope will work quite nicely...

hey how big u guys think these babies will get after a month under constant light (250w MH) ? ?...i'd like to get em to around 3' before flowering

I would start it at 3`and lower it a bit each day. The plants will let you know if they get too hot.
- goldie

i've got them about 10" away from the light atm with the fan constantly going

they seem in alrite condition, nice and green

might leave at this height for a couple of days and see how they go or is that a bad idea?

Well, if they are tolerating it okay, then I`d say leave it where its at. I have just always read that you start your light well away, then lower it...

GreenBandit said:
its not really that big of a space....60cmx90cm (LxW), the height is about 1.75 meters so there some room there for growth.

ye i plan on keeping indoors...probably veg for a month then start the flowering process...i have a 400w HPS for the flowering stage that i hope will work quite nicely...

hey how big u guys think these babies will get after a month under constant light (250w MH) ? ?...i'd like to get em to around 3' before flowering

well mine are a week old and they are already like 4 inches tall heres some go to my journal its titled "growing from seed" theres pics in there and they are only a week old (the plants)

well mine are a week old and they are already like 4 inches tall heres some go to my journal its titled "growing from seed" theres pics in there and they are only a week old (the plants)
- Mikey

how far have u been keeping ur light away from the plants?

also have u started fertilizing yet?

Put the top of your hand under the light, if it is warm or hot to you it is warm or hot to the palnt. If you feel 10' is close enough, back of a little for growth and your peace of mind. ;)

ye just decided to be safe and put em about 2' away for now...noticed a tiny bit of yellowing on one of the leafs so its possible the plant is burning or just thirsty...we'll see how it goes

Thats how its done - you put the light a safe distance away, and lower it as the plants will tolerate...this keeps from frying your seedlings.

u guys have any idea why the baby in the larger pot is growing much slower ...? ?

Maybe its not getting enough water...

What kind of soil mix do you have them in?

it's called 'Organic Coco Coir Growing Media'...basically it comprises bark pieces some soil and some other bits and pieces...it does dry out quite quickly but i've been watering them plenty so i don't think thats the reason why the bigger pot plant is growing slower...i've been putting 1 cup in the smaller pots and 2 cups in the larger pot evry 3-4 days...thats enough right?

I think thats plenty of H2O. I dunno, maybe its just a runt or a slow - starter. I have read that pine bark is hard on seedlings - mine did much better when I put them in a different soil. They look good, though. Wait & see how they do.

Seedlings that size, you can't really do to much for. If you're treating it the same as the rest, it's just a slow starter. Give it some time. You always get a 'runt' in the crop, I find.

Latest posts

Back