Greenhouse growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust

Reaction score
new to the site. I bought the grow bible and it said to hit up Facebook for info but screw that. I figured forums are a better option.

I Johnny weedseeded a lot growing up around lakes and such ( lake LBJ in Texas mysteriously used to have a lot of wild plants in hollows). But now that it’s legal in the two states I reside in I’m intending on followin* the law and growing my 6 plants per person 12 per household in my geothermal greenhouse. Once I perminately move.

Seeds I have history with where mostly junk seeds from whatever quarter mystery bag available at the time so I’m looking at upgrading the game and finding some decent indica seeds to make coconut oil pills from. ( lung damage from burn pits and white phosphorus, smoking isn’t an option) I’m mostly trying to find good seed banks and catch up on growing specific tips to the plant. Bit more involved than tomatoes..

Hi Sawdust....Welcome to MP... The seed bank thread here discussing seed suppliers is a good place to start. Good Luck.

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/forums/marijuana-seedbanks.11/

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Welcome to MP! How nice to be able to grow 12 plants per household. LOL--here in Oregon, we can only grow 4 per household recreationally. Medical patients can grow 6.

While I understand your desire to "Johnny weedseed" the world (I used to want to do this, too), this is a very very bad idea with cannabis. First, bag seed are notorious for going hermy and there are going to be a bunch of males in the mix. Not taking care of plants that you have planted (and that are probably going to hermy) and not getting males out of your grows can ruin crops for untold numbers of people. Pollen can travel for 30 or so miles. Now that you re planning your own legal grows, I think that you can understand why this is a very bad idea. I imagine that you would be very disappointed and angry if, after 5-6 months of growing, you ended up with pollinated plants FULL of seeds. And in the case of hermy pollen, worthless seeds....seeds that will need to be destroyed. Plants that are untended go feral and are really not worth anything.

Geothermal greenhouses are just the coolest and I am quite envious. I lived and worked in an small mountain community with a whole lot of geothermal activity for about 20 years. There are several large commercial greenhouses there that I did a fair amount of work on--geothermal is hard on plumbing pipes. Unfortunately, this was in a non-legal state...a state that may never go legal, so I moved. There is so much you can do with geothermal. I look forward to following you and your geothermal greenhouse!

Like hollowpoint mentioned, there is a lot of good info in the seedbank threads. And there are a lot of reputable dependable seedbanks. Also, if you are in a legal state, the dispensaries may be selling seeds and/or clones. I encourage everyone to get good genetics. Growing takes so long and good genetics are simply not that expensive. I truly cannot understand taking a chance with random bagseed when quality genetics are so available and inexpensive. You never know what pollinated the plant--it could be ditch weed or it could have selfed. And it is really nice to actually be able to read descriptions and reviews and pick a strain that has the attributes you are looking for.

Good luck

Welcome to MP! How nice to be able to grow 12 plants per household. LOL--here in Oregon, we can only grow 4 per household recreationally. Medical patients can grow 6.

While I understand your desire to "Johnny weedseed" the world (I used to want to do this, too), this is a very very bad idea with cannabis. First, bag seed are notorious for going hermy and there are going to be a bunch of males in the mix. Not taking care of plants that you have planted (and that are probably going to hermy) and not getting males out of your grows can ruin crops for untold numbers of people. Pollen can travel for 30 or so miles. Now that you re planning your own legal grows, I think that you can understand why this is a very bad idea. I imagine that you would be very disappointed and angry if, after 5-6 months of growing, you ended up with pollinated plants FULL of seeds. And in the case of hermy pollen, worthless seeds....seeds that will need to be destroyed. Plants that are untended go feral and are really not worth anything.

Geothermal greenhouses are just the coolest and I am quite envious. I lived and worked in an small mountain community with a whole lot of geothermal activity for about 20 years. There are several large commercial greenhouses there that I did a fair amount of work on--geothermal is hard on plumbing pipes. Unfortunately, this was in a non-legal state...a state that may never go legal, so I moved. There is so much you can do with geothermal. I look forward to following you and your geothermal greenhouse!

Like hollowpoint mentioned, there is a lot of good info in the seedbank threads. And there are a lot of reputable dependable seedbanks. Also, if you are in a legal state, the dispensaries may be selling seeds and/or clones. I encourage everyone to get good genetics. Growing takes so long and good genetics are simply not that expensive. I truly cannot understand taking a chance with random bagseed when quality genetics are so available and inexpensive. You never know what pollinated the plant--it could be ditch weed or it could have selfed. And it is really nice to actually be able to read descriptions and reviews and pick a strain that has the attributes you are looking for.

Good luck
Thanks..

To be fair his been 30+ years since I helped stabilize the soil around lake LBJ ... at that point in Texas most pot came from south. I dont think anyone any of us got weed from actually grew. ( or they where VERY well disciplined and never said word one about it)

As I’m still in Las Vegas, it’s illegal to grow there within x miles of a dispensary but I know there’s seed supply in the area so I’m likely going to check up a bit closer, I looked online at seed banks and frankly google seems to be the net for every crooked looking seed bank there is. Ideally I want to buy local for seeds especially.. but I’m hoping vegas has something uncommon in Colorado and I’m able to bring something to the area ( unlikely as it is)
Granted most of the flavor is irrelevant to my needs buy my father is an avid consumer and now smokes medicinal. He happens to reside in a intolerant state though so growing isn’t Something he can do. But as a good son, I can keep him in medicine indefinitely.

Latest posts

Back