Greenhouse Seeds Feminized Thai T5/CFL soil grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfogey8

Very grouchy and ornery today…
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Here are a couple of pics from a couple weeks ago of my girls(there are two of them). I will update with more recent pics tomorrow as I a currently out of town. I grown in Roots Organix soil in 3 gallon felt pot. I use tap water that I age for a couple of days. I use Gobox nutes supplemented during flower with Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching as well as some Snow Storm Ultra. I started adding in some Prolific Plant Probiotics about a month ago and they seem to like that. I have been tapering down the nutes as I have in the past over fed my plants I think. I have a four bulb 4 foot HO T5 fixture that I used 4 10000 kelvin bulbs for veg and I now have 3 3000 kelvin and one 10000 kelvin with UVA for flower. I also have 2 46 watt 2700 kelvin CFL's along with 2 23 watt 6500 kelvin and 2 23 watt 2700 kelvin CFL's. I am growing in a mothers tent which is 4x4x2 ft and I have a high flow exhaust fan pulling the heat out through a carbon filter. I water every other day and feed once a week. I recently put some screens in to provide support as the buds are getting too heavy for the stems to support and the buds were leaning against the tent sides. My tent is too small. If I grow again, I think I am going to need to figure out a different approach. The heat build up recently has forced me to shut off a couple of the 23 watt bulbs. The girls are foxtailing like crazy and have been for maybe a month. I think that started when I put them in the shower and flushed the pots with probably 6 gallons of water each pot. I think I may have had some nute lock out. I don't pay very close attention to the pH but I was feeding at the manufacturers recommended dose. I have read many peoples posts stating that is too much and I am coming around to their point of view. I think one plant is a couple weeks away from harvest. The other is probably a month. I grew another one of this strain last year and harvested at 13 weeks of flower and I think that was too early. Really nice smoke but lacked the flavor I was shooting for so I think it was not ripe. I loved Thai stick when I was a kid in the 70's which is what inspired me to grow some Thai. I don't like a heavy couch lock buzz. I grew some Dutch Passion Master Kush my last grow and that is a heavy buzz so I am looking forward to the light, uppity smoke I will get out of these girls. I grow for myself and my teen aged sons who help me with taking care of the plants. My yields are kind of so-so. I have gotten about a half gram per watt my first 2 grows but I screwed the pooch on 2 plants my first grow and harvested both grows entirely too early. I love growing. I have my medical marijuana recommendation from a doctor though Massachusetts has yet to open any dispensaries. I may not be allowed to grow legally when they open so I am kind of bummed about that. Thanks for taking the time to look in on this project. As I said, I will update tomorrow when I get home with some updated pics.

View attachment IMG_2183.jpg

View attachment IMG_2184.jpg

View attachment IMG_2185.jpg

View attachment IMG_2186.jpg

View attachment IMG_2188.jpg

Green mojo man. I remember smoking the Thai stick weed when I was 16 back oh so long ago. :-D

i take it we are about the same age then, saw.

Welcome from one old fogey to another.

Is that bud seeded or is it just foxtailing? I was looking forward to growing out a "fem" Blue Thai from Dinafem, but it turned out to be a full blown male.

hemp goddess - it is foxtailing like you read about. no seeds as i have not had a male plant in 3 decades. i think i need to harvest one of them. it was allowed to dry out too much i think and now it is looking a bit crappy...

Now time to enjoy your harvest. Let us know how it turned out.

smoked a bit of a mini joint last night while walking my dog. still needs to dry out a bit and needs to cure. tastes a bit green but has an undertone of 70's sativa smell and taste. the buzz however is quite interesting. my dog met up with some other dogs and i could not shut with the other dogs owners. i am normally quiet and prefer to listen rather than talk. it is a very uplifting heady high but not jittery. i had made some brownies out of some of the trim and fan leaves. the brownies have a couch lock/narcotic effect so i am happy that the flowers are the opposite. i know i harvested this plant a bit on the early side at 12 weeks but i was afraid of what was causing leaf die off and i didn't want it to spread to her sister plant which is still going at 14 weeks.

my sons were going to burn up a bud last night after i hit the hay. i am curious what their take is as they are bigger smokers that i am. will post that later when after i have a chance to ask them their opinion.

my remaining plant (pictured a couple of posts above) is almost 14 weeks into flower. the trichs are a mix of clear and cloudy with a smattering of amber. she is starting to smell stronger. i just changed out a couple of my 'bloom' t5's for some 10000 kelvin 'finisher' bulbs. i am curious to see if that helps with trich production in the next couple of weeks before harvest. this has been a long, long grow that started in late december(so i guess about 20 weeks - yikes!). i am flush with smoke and will be for quite a while as i still have a bunch left from my previous master kush grow. i think i'm going to need to find some people to donate to as my sons and i can't smoke it fast enough. first world problems, lol...

VERY differant and nice lots of work there i noticed some burn at the ends of alot of your leaves is that normal im a newbie and ask alot of questions all i no is i never seen anything like yours they look exotic and differant very good grow i must say i like your setup to imagination yes i love it,that is why i love this hobby you totally get invoved in your project like a good addicktion i cant spell to good bare withb me it must have been all that acid in the 70s.good luck brother my son smokes to way to much but that is a good thing he works every day and is the best father of my 3 sons we got to get some gals into our family and what is weird is my wife had 4 sisters no brothers now no gals???????????????????????????????????????????????have a good day

thanks for looking 8planets8. i am pretty new too. started growing last year. this is my third grow. the burn on the leaf tips i think is from either the cha ching(which i used for the first time this grow) or the snow storm ultra or a combination of the two. my setup is pretty primative in comparison to a lot of folks but it is what i could justify to my wife and my finances. i agree that this is a great fun hobby. it looks very different from other peoples probably due to it being nearly all sativa. most people have mixes of indica and sativa i think. this is my last grow for a while. i need to burn through what i have. i will probably have 7 or 8 ounces from this grow(2 plants). already have just under 4 from the first plant. the second one will be bigger. ask any questions you have. i am a noob but will answer if i can. i don't know if i can post a link to the original journal i started for this grow so i will message it too you as it is on a different forum that i am not a fan of anymore. the journal has a lot more specifics...

VERY differant and nice lots of work there i noticed some burn at the ends of alot of your leaves is that normal im a newbie and ask alot of questions all i no is i never seen anything like yours they look exotic and differant very good grow i must say i like your setup to imagination yes i love it,that is why i love this hobby you totally get invoved in your project like a good addicktion i cant spell to good bare withb me it must have been all that acid in the 70s.good luck brother my son smokes to way to much but that is a good thing he works every day and is the best father of my 3 sons we got to get some gals into our family and what is weird is my wife had 4 sisters no brothers now no gals???????????????????????????????????????????????have a good day

How long did you let your buds dry? A 68% RH and jarred is just asking for mold IMO.

i only let them dry a few days. it was pretty dry here and they got kind of crispy on the outside. i didn't want them to dry too quickly either. i was trying to follow hicks 'curing by the numbers' thread as i was not really happy with my previous cures(took a really long time - like months) following a different cure method. please let me know if i am heading in the wrong direction. what have you found to work best? thanks, hemp goddess in advance for your help.

How long did you let your buds dry? A 68% RH and jarred is just asking for mold IMO.

so i changed out 2 'bloom' spectrum (like 3000 kelvin) t5 bulbs for 2 'finisher' 10000 kelvin t5's yesterday and after a day under them, i am noticing an explosion of growth on a lot of the foxtails. they are becoming actual buds coming off the main bud. i also am seeing a lot more trichs on those foxtails. it could be coincidental, i know but any way i slice it i am a happy farmer. i will snap some pic tomorrow...

jarred the buds up today. they are at around 67% after a good 8 hours. weighed the harvest and have 126 grams. combined with the 100 grams off the other plant and i am pretty happy with about 226 grams from just under 300 watts.

Latest posts

Back