Greetings from the midwest U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T_Dub

Reaction score
Greetings fellow cannabis enthusiasts,
If anyone has any questions or advice, please feel free to jump in. I’m looking forward to joining Marijuana Passion and learning from all of you.

Im not sure what people want to know. I’m an older medical user (mid 50s) who has been growing for several years. I recently downsized from a 5x5 to a smaller 4x2 tent which i am enjoying tremendously. Currently growing two Nirvana Blue Dream….week 7 of veg….and attempting my first scrog. My old tent was larger than I needed and I never needed to maximize my output as it provided more than enough cannabis, so I never attempted a scrog. With only two plants now, I’m more focused on maximizing space and light utilization.

I’ve discovered several benefits to the smaller tent…..primarily less heat output and less humidity output to contend with. (I vent in my house and use a dehumidifier). I grew with a 1,000 watt HID for years and I’m still getting accustomed to using the LEDs.

I find tremendous benefit from cannabis for my bipolar disorder and for the pain from degenerative disc disease. I also find growing to be a relaxing experience.

Current setup…..
AC Infinity tent 4x2x6’
Timber 320 watt 3vl COB LED
AC Infinity T6 automated exhaust fan
2 AC Infinity oscillating fans

General Hydroponics Flora Series of nutrients
Plus Maxicrop Seaweed
Plus Recharge
Plus Silica, Diamond Nectar, Cal Mag

A few snapshots of the garden. I just finished doing some minor defoliation. Two more weeks before I flip to flower.

52AAB141-E2E4-4E30-B64D-4B91E1A3A3C7.jpeg

8AA6719C-F690-4C51-B029-0EFA007A1E37.jpeg

2BAA72A2-7E41-4904-A7C6-D76632C6F721.jpeg

Welcome! You're gonna love a SCROG. You going to do it hydro or dirt?
Hi Hippie420, thanks for the welcome! I’m going with FFOF soil and perlite. I tried my hand at coco last time and the amount of hand watering wore me out. Until I decide to set up some autopots, I’m going to stick to soil.

I run my SCROG with a RDWC with a remote reservoir. Saves a lot of crawling around trying to water 'em. I let 'em fill out and tuck their heads 'til I've got 'em fat and ready, then I let the tops grow through for awhile, and after they're big enough, I trim everything below the screen off. It aids in air circulation and keeps the plants from putting energy into scruffy little popcorn buds.

Michigan here. What part of the midwest are ya from?
I run my SCROG with a RDWC with a remote reservoir. Saves a lot of crawling around trying to water 'em. I let 'em fill out and tuck their heads 'til I've got 'em fat and ready, then I let the tops grow through for awhile, and after they're big enough, I trim everything below the screen off. It aids in air circulation and keeps the plants from putting energy into scruffy little popcorn buds.
Sounds like you have a great setup! I’m very hesitant to mess with hydro due to leak risks. I’m set up in a bedroom. I do own a few autopots that I was going to use with a coco run, but never got around to it.

I’m in Missouri. We have Medicinal today…hopefully we will have recreational after November’s election.

"I’m an older medical user (mid 50s) who has been growing for several years." The only one younger than you is Boos new pup!
I havent seen fifty in 17 years!
Welcome to our group.
A lot of knowledge here as well as advice on how to run the world .
Bingo every third Thursday ! Bring money and no checks !
This group offers added benefits when you are a member.
One of our esteemed members(Roster) does weddings at a reasonable cost .
No more altar boys due to a shortage ....
Peace !

"I’m an older medical user (mid 50s) who has been growing for several years." The only one younger than you is Boos new pup!
I havent seen fifty in 17 years!
Welcome to our group.
A lot of knowledge here as well as advice on how to run the world .
Bingo every third Thursday ! Bring money and no checks !
This group offers added benefits when you are a member.
One of our esteemed members(Roster) does weddings at a reasonable cost .
No more altar boys due to a shortage ....
Peace !
Thank you for the welcome Joeb. I’m Feeling younger already…..I like this place. I definitely hope to learn a lot from all of you, and I’ll try to share my experiences when it makes sense. (I still consider myself a noob).

Thank you for the welcome Joeb. I’m Feeling younger already…..I like this place. I definitely hope to learn a lot from all of you, and I’ll try to share my experiences when it makes sense. (I still consider myself a noob).
You should check our lovemakng section ! This group has developed new skills in that dept and has even inventeed two new positions !

Sounds like you have a great setup! I’m very hesitant to mess with hydro due to leak risks. I’m set up in a bedroom. I do own a few autopots that I was going to use with a coco run, but never got around to it.

I’m in Missouri. We have Medicinal today…hopefully we will have recreational after November’s election.
Hey t_Dub, I am in missouri also near St. Louis. I am a new grower, halfway through year 2.

Welcome!

T:H

T, if ya go hydro and you've got a tent, put the tent in a kiddie pool and buy a cheap wet/dry vac. You'll need it. Everybody gets a flood once or twice starting out.
Hi Hippie,
LOL…I don’t see that solution going over too well here at home. In fact, leak risk from the reservoir was the #1 reason why I elected to skip using autopots. I really don’t want to risk a leak in the current room where I’m forced to grow. Long term I’d love to build a dedicated room in my unfinished basement where I can take more risks.

I would love to experiment with hydro someday though. Maybe a deep water culture….looks fascinating and it sure seems faster. If you have any photos, would love to see your hydro setup.

Hi Hippie,
I’ve now been reading up on RDWC and watching you tube videos. I don’t anticipate ever being able to go hydro.

I think I would need to buy a chiller for my reservoir….And a pool to capture all leaks. Plus my tap water PPM is also too high for hydro and I have no easy access to a drain. Just too many changes needed for me to transition from soil to hydro. Thanks for the info though.

Latest posts

Back