Greetings & what's up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley_Plotkin

Medical Grade Stuff
Reaction score
Heya folks, the name's Charley, Charley Plotkin. Just popping in for a minute to say "hi", while I'm sitting at my doctor's office, waiting for a colonoscopy. Crazy world, huh?

Anyways, I've been lurking here at MP for a little while, trying to get my green mojo goin' again. Just to let you know a little bit about myself, back in college ol' Charley used to do a little bit of hydroponic gardening, to help ease the stress of paying for higher education. Everything was going smoothly until one day there was a knock at the door, and government regulators stifled Charley's entrepreneurial vision. Harsh times...

But fast-forward about 15 - 20 years later, and now Charley P. is a resident of a LEGAL state. Time to get growing again!

In my second life as a grower I'm using soil, and trying to be organic as much as possible. This is new, and a few weeks ago Charley cut and trimmed his first batch in quite a while. Can't say the final results were that great, but lessons were learned that will definitely pay off on the next crop. Like, even growing in soil you need a reliable PH meter, and don't skimp too much on that.

In the MP spirit of sharing knowlege, Charley's gonna start a grow journal of his next run. Once this procedure is over and I'm discharged from the hospital, it's off to get some clones.

I'm thinking DJ Short Blueberry, Obama Kush (My bet is that one will become a classic), or possibly a G-13 F4 that dude told me about. There was another tempting selection that is slipping my mind right now, so we'll just see what goes down once I'm at the spot.

Uh-oh, the nurse just called my name. Better hop to it.

The name's Charley, and it's been great talkin' with ya!

Gee Charley, I can honestly say that I have never wished anyone luck on MP, with a scope before but...good luck and good drugs.

Nice intro. I am an organic dirt grower have never had a ph meter, but maybe I should have.

Glad you can join us and that you are in a legal state...Congrats.

nice introduction, welcome to mp. i am sure that you have lots of knowledge to share, enjoy!

Welcome to MP. How wonderful that you are legal (I am jealous). Even with meager harvests, it is special because it is your own!

If you grow organic you do not need to adjust your pH, unless your water is horribly out of whack, in case you would want to use bottled or RO water anyway. Organic is one of those things where you either are or aren't--kind of like being pregnant. Mixing organics and synthetic nutes does not really work and is considered a chemical grow. To be organic, you have to be 100% organic. But there are benefits to that! You can make soil out of garbage. You can make nutrients out of garbage. Check out the organic section. You will find some great info and some people who are incredibly knowledgeable--I am still a newby at organics and learn something new every day.

Hey, thanks for the greetings guys; it's great to be here. Hope everyone had a really sweet holiday and stayed out of trouble.

pH only became an issue because I switched water sources and had two pH testers that weren't very precise and disagreed w/ each other. Led to too much confusion and some improperly adjusted water being used... won't happen again.

Looks like Blueberry is Charley's next strain. I'll post some pics tomorrow of what I've got to work with. Should be an interesting experience and hopefully rewarding in more ways than one.

Well Charley's gonna enjoy some medicine and head to bed. Talk to you all again soon.

I have never found a blueberry that I was impressed with. I will be watching to see how you like yours.

Latest posts

Back