Grinders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 60570

Reaction score
we need a new grinder

what is everyone using nowadays?

any recommendations?

thanks
big

14F76AAD-84AA-4824-81BD-57EF48AD7540.jpeg

I use one of those huge aluminum grinders, got it from gunny decades ago...It'll power thru the stickiest of flowers and grinds evenly...

we have one of those and it needs to be soaked in isopropyl alcohol for a week

we also have some concerns about aluminum nano particles and how heat affects it, some bad aluminum off gassing?…..I dunno , I am no scienyptist

we have one of those and it needs to be soaked in isopropyl alcohol for a week

we also have some concerns about aluminum nano particles and how heat affects it, some bad aluminum off gassing?…..I dunno , I am no scienyptist
if aluminum was gonna get you big it would have done so decades ago...no parts touch each other...the better the flower the more you need to clean it...;)

View attachment 310435View attachment 310436
this is what we use. Hubby usually does the grinding. He says it works really good. It feels more like stainless than aluminum to me as it’s pretty heavy. I’ll see if I can find where I got it if you’re interested in one
Pretty sure that's the exact same one I use. I have since migrated to an electric coffee grinder that I use for grinding what I smoke and for grinding what I use to infuse butter. Haven't had to clean the coffee grinder yet, but after my marathon butter infusion session it is starting to get a little gummy.

Just went thru this purchase decision last week. I used a 4 inch SpaceCase and a Mendo Mulcher prior to switching. I ended up buying the Flower Mill…..it doesn’t use teeth to grind the bud. It mills it, and it has different size screens available based on your milling preference. It’s definitely a lot easier on the wrist than my 4 inch spacecase, and I’m notifying fluffier bud (my preference for bowls)

240AAD30-EE44-4C0E-A8A6-D25F0EAF3E58.jpeg

Just went thru this purchase decision last week. I used a 4 inch SpaceCase and a Mendo Mulcher prior to switching. I ended up buying the Flower Mill…..it doesn’t use teeth to grind the bud. It mills it, and it has different size screens available based on your milling preference. It’s definitely a lot easier on the wrist than my 4 inch spacecase, and I’m notifying fluffier bud (my preference for bowls)

View attachment 310439

which one did you buy?

they run from a small one for $40 bux to a large one for $99

I purchased the “large”. They are not big grinders by any means. It’s about the same circumference as a beer bottle.

View attachment 310445
Mine is a 3” and a bit easier to hold than the 2`1/2 inch when twisting it

View attachment 310439
this style looks interesting. Is it hard to clean the stickiness out when it get gummy?

Mine is a 3” and a bit easier to hold than the 2`1/2 inch when twisting it

this style looks interesting. Is it hard to clean the stickiness out when it get gummy?
Since there’s no grinding, I don’t anticipate needing to clean it as often as the SpaceCase. It’s brand new to me, so I haven’t even broken it in yet. If anything, the milling screen piece (which unscrews) will probably benefit from an occasional Iso soak, but there shouldn’t be anything that gums up the actual “twisting” mechanism.

Here’s a few reviews from their website. I recommend reading a few of these websites to see their full list of pros and cons. (I have no financial interest in this grinder company and limited experience with grinders). They also have some good you tube videos demonstrating the grinder.

Biggest cons against the grinder as I see it
Cost. (But it’s a really solid piece)
milling screens are extra
Kief catcher is extra (and something I’ve decided to forgo)
Maybe a tad smaller than I like (I’m accustomed to a 3.5”, so it will take time to adjust)

Pros
Grinds up 2-3 moderately sized buds
Stems aren’t an issue….they do not get ground up either.
Easy to twist…I don’t hate grinding now

818EA876-C72E-465C-943B-CD9720202AE4.png

Latest posts

Back