Grove bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Has anybody used grove bags before? I’ve heard that they’re awesome for a 6-8 week cure before jarring, but I’ve also read stuff where folks use their grove bag as primary storage. What was y’all’s experience with them?

I've got about a dozen grove bags in the closet curing...they really do a great job and not having to stuff wide mouth mason jars makes it much easier...I use the 4 ounce bags, bought 20 a while ago...

I bought smaller 6X9 bags and found it annoying to burp them, so I cure in jars and then transfer to the bags for longer term storing or gifting. The smaller bags also put some side pressure on the buds, so they get a little squished if I put them in before they are cured properly. Next time, larger bags : )

I bought smaller 6X9 bags and found it annoying to burp them, so I cure in jars and then transfer to the bags for longer term storing or gifting. The smaller bags also put some side pressure on the buds, so they get a little squished if I put them in before they are cured properly. Next time, larger bags : )
You don't have to burp the bags unless the rh is too high to begin with.

I've got about a dozen grove bags in the closet curing...they really do a great job and not having to stuff wide mouth mason jars makes it much easier...I use the 4 ounce bags, bought 20 a while ago...
Awesome! Do you store your weed in them throughout the year? I heard that the bags don’t trap the smell in too well, and I wonder if you’d be able to open the bags on a weekly/monthly basis without compromising the seal from the ziplock. Can you speak to that?

I've been using them for mebbe 8 months or so and they keep the humidity and smell on the money...I take out what I will smoke the night before because I like storing my weed at about 62% rH...I've never dropped a jar but as I age it's inevitable so bags work for me...I still use jars but they're used for long term storage...the bags work best when heat sealed but I don't do that...they sit in a deep drawer and are opened regularly as needed, can't say anything negative about them, I like 'em...

Has anybody used grove bags before? I’ve heard that they’re awesome for a 6-8 week cure before jarring, but I’ve also read stuff where folks use their grove bag as primary storage. What was y’all’s experience with them?
This last harvest has been in Grove bags for 5 months now, awesome. No more jars for me.

I just found a grove bag full of gorilla breath that has been misplaced for over a year...sure feels and looks fresh, gonna grind up a bud and give it a spin before bedtime...woohoo...

I just found a grove bag full of gorilla breath that has been misplaced for over a year...sure feels and looks fresh, gonna grind up a bud and give it a spin before bedtime...woohoo...
How was it boo?

perfect and supple...rolling was just right, sticky but not damp...perfect consistency for a joint...for some reason my mind was on for most of the night, only girl crush does the job 100% of the time...

I just bought a few bags - Would anyone know what the highest RH you can safely cure with in a Grove bag would be and would that change as the bag size increases?

😛😛😛
245C1BC6-1ABE-4C15-9081-0C367A7517AC.jpeg

I just bought a few bags - Would anyone know what the highest RH you can safely cure with in a Grove bag would be and would that change as the bag size increases?
I guess that may come down to personal preference but I don't like my weed wetter than 62% so that is when I sealed mine up. They aren't meant to be burped and work best when heat sealed and your weed is at its target humidity. That being said, I still prefer jars just for their adjustment as I don't grow enough for long term storage/curing.

Latest posts

Back