"Grow #2: Bubba Kush, GDP, Romulan, Super Grape Ape & Purple Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, the fan up above takes air out of the room and the other one just blows air directly at the plants. see the pics in my first post.

today i'm gonna go get those clones and get them planted, then spend some time working the space to get the temp just right with the reflector in there.
thanks again

the area is at about 83 degrees with the fan. i feel like that's a little high?

better than 90! lol
we strive to get it into the low to mid 70's but like I said just keep working on it and try to get some cool air coming in. Maybe upsizing the exhaust could help some?

i donno, the vent is made to air out a 10x6 bathroom so i think its cool. i got one fan on it which i moved closer. i think i'm gonna get another fan or maybe just a stronger one, they're hanging out at a steady 80 degrees now, and i'd like to knock another 5 or so off.

anyways, i'm pretty excited about my new additions, i got a Purple Kush clone, one of my favorite strains...and a Super Grape Ape clone.. which i have never heard of.. i've had Grape Ape numerous times but don't know about the Super... anyone know about it?

so here are some pics of my current set up..
the second one is what it looks like all closed up, the third pic is with the fan exposed, and the next is with the wall taken out as it would be when watering etc.

anybody know how to change the name of a thread? i want to add the new strains to the title..let me know.
thanks!

PC170004.jpg

PC170001.jpg

PC170002.jpg

PC170003.jpg

i think i'm gonna just feed the two new guys water for a week then get them on FF big bloom at half the dosage suggested by that chart. i've been feeding the other ones by the chart exactly, but want to cut the nutes down to half of what they suggest. is changing up diets bad for the plants?

hey CD whats happening? i know that you are working w/ what u have, but imo you neef to use some wood to sheet that space out & get a cool tube. i know b/c im growing in a 3x4x5tall area under stairs also. your exhaust seems 2b just hovering there & can pull air from all around & not just your area. could be way im viewing pics though. for now if this is what you can do then def make a point to do some remods in da future. it will greatly reward you in yield. GL to ya

answer to above about changing diet. if you mean to reduce amount feeding then i say no def not. this is how youll test their limits when in peak veg. gradually give more to them until u see ever so slight burn in tips then back off a smidge & you now know the exact amount of ferts they can handle. in your case wait until you start seeing good growth b4 for jacking up the quantities of nutes.

cd123 hey if you have some skills w/ snips, duct, & some zip screws you could convert your reflector to hook up to your exhaust fan that way youre pulling all air across plants & bulb & right out your space.

i hear you doc, but i'm not really planning on using this space again so i'm not trying to too much. besides, that exhaust may not look like much its very powerful. more then enough to keep to air in the entire room under the stairs changing, and i keep it on 24/7. although if this was a more permanent growing place for me, i'd use your idea. maybe in my next room.
thanks for the input!

a couple pic updates of the Bubba kush, GDP and Romulan. the bubba kush is looking the best in my opinion.... i burned the GDP pretty bad though..what you guys think these girls lookin healthy?

from left to right: BK, GDP, Romulan

Bubba kush.jpg

GDP.jpg

Romulan.jpg

cd123 i hear ya on the temp location. looks like might wanna back off on nutes, but my concern is your soil. what kind & do you have any perlite in there? looks as if you got hot soil or too much lime in there.

what up doc, i'm planning on chilling out on the nutes.
i've been following the FF chart and i think the doses on there are a little high, and other member have advised me to cut it to a quarter or a half. so i've decided to only use nutes once a week at 1/2 the dosage recommended by the chart. but i'm still watering ever other day or when the soil feels dry.

regarding the soil, it's just regular planting soil from home depot. i'll check the ingredients next time i'm down there. i was unaware it mattered, another reason i wish i joined this site BEFORE i started this grow...

my temps are now hitting a low of 61 at night and a high oh 81 in the day. i need to get another fan, any recommendations for cheap good and SMALL fans? i've got a very small area to work with...

i also have a question regarding PH levels in the water. so far i have paid no attention to this, but figure its probably a good idea to start. i looked up the PH levels in the water in my city via the water suppliers website, and they state that they keep it at 8.5-9.1..... i have no idea if this is good or bad, what is the ideal ph level and how would i go about adjusting it?

wow... if your waters coming out of the tap that high than you surely will need to adjust that down.

The ideal range for ph in soil is from 6.2 to 6.8, http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1908

check that link out it will show you where and what nutes are available at different ph points.

Now as for adjusting your water ph... there are a few ways to do it, easiest for me is to just buy some ph down. There are some ways to do it with some natural means but I cant remember. You'll have to search if you want to go that direction.

checking your ph is one of the most important factors in growing and to do it you will need an accurate way of doing it. Get yourself a decent ph pen... hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/

this website has some very nice pens and very reasonable prices. Once you have that, always test the ph of your water after you have added nutes. The nutes will adjust your ph and with ff it will drop the ph considerably. So you might want to get yourself some ph up as well.

Last thing you want to do once you get your pen is to test the runoff of your plants. This is going to tell you what your roots have been living in. I would suspect since you've been watering them with such a high ph water you are going to see that they aren't living in the ideal 6.5 range.

Lord Lama! you're the man. coming with the explanation clear, plain and simple.
i did spend a little time reading though threads like one called 'PH IS IMPORTANT' and got the GENERAL idea...but didn't understand the concept enough to feel confident spending 30-50 bucks on it. (things are tight these days haha...)
although i am gonna look into buying one asap, any particular one or brand you trust and would recommend?
or anyone else reading for that matter?
hope to see you again soon lama!
peace

No problem chuck... that's what were all here for to help each other out the best we can.

That website that I gave you a link to is where I would recommend you purchasing from. They have done no wrong to me or anyone I have directed to them.

this is the meter I own and I love it. Very accurate and on sale rite now...

hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/miphwaphte1.html
replace xx with tt

here is one of there cheaper units... I'm sure it would still work ok for you, but the thing I don't like about it is that it only has a one point calibration. You are going to get a more accurate reading with a 2 point calibrating unit.

hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html

merry xmas/happy holidays everyone.....

update on my ladies.. they've been transplanted into some unamended top soil from a local rock and soil company for almost a week. seem to be doing fine.

for now, i decided to just get a cheap ph control kit.
basically how it works is you take a sample of your water, and drip this test liquid in it and it changes color. you match the color that the water turns on the chart, and then add ph up or down until the color of your sample matches the correct ph level color on the chart.
i'm just going to use this until the test liquid runs out, the ph up & down are big bottles that will outlast the test stuff, so i'll get a pen then. (i've got your website bookmarked lama)
anybody used these kind of color coded ph test kits? i'm kinda skeptical about it's accuracy, but it will have to do for now.

lovely strain choices! the pk will perk up as it gets bigger it tens to like cooler temps..romulans..lol like the star trek aliens..someday I will grow bubba kush...

watering concern...
i do not think i'm over watering.. if anything i think i'm under watering.
i've been giving them 16oz each every 48 hours for like a week.. and all the trays under for excess water are bone dry... should i be giving them more water?

thanks for checking out my grow chuckdee.I dont know much (my first run with them)but the bk i noticed eats alot and is a tough plant and gets a thick stem and grows slower and the pk gets burned pretty easily and stretches alot but matures alot quicker though

chuckdee123 said:
watering concern...
i do not think i'm over watering.. if anything i think i'm under watering.
i've been giving them 16oz each every 48 hours for like a week.. and all the trays under for excess water are bone dry... should i be giving them more water?

I will stick my clean finger into the dirt..if it is dry more than 3 inches down I water also another easier way is if the pot is light it is dry heavy it is wet...you can water til you first see it come out the bottom onto the tray but dont leave water puddles it seems to encourage bugs...remember u do want it to dry a bit in between..

RaiderNation - thanks for the advise on the strains. My BK (as well as the romulan on a side note) are looking really a lot stronger then the others even the GDP which is the same age as them. big far stems and they're shooting up.
the PK is only about a week in and hasn't grown much yet, but i've got big hope for her.

2dog^ thanks for the ideas, i used your 3 inch finger method this morning to find out they do not need water. normally i would have just went down there and watered them, thanks!!

Latest posts

Back