"Grow #2: Bubba Kush, GDP, Romulan, Super Grape Ape & Purple Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you should trim the fan leaves up top
:confused2:... healthy fan leaves should never be removed, most importantly...from the 'top'. where they are receiving the best, most efficient light for photosynthesis.

Hick said:
:confused2:... healthy fan leaves should never be removed, most importantly...from the 'top'. where they are receiving the best, most efficient light for photosynthesis.
Sounds good... but ever grown this bubba strain before? probably not by your generic answer.It doesnt grow a typical cola up top instead nugs the length of the stem and most towards the bottom I was just passing along useless info thats been said a million times :confused2:

Raidernation said:
Sounds good... but ever grown this bubba strain before? probably not by your generic answer.It doesnt grow a typical cola up top instead nugs the length of the stem and most towards the bottom I was just passing along useless info thats been said a million times :confused2:

...yes.. matter of fact I have... for nearly a decade now..:) the "real" bubba K too.. not a 'generic' model.. :D

bubtub.JPG

Raidernation said:

I think maybe you have not grown Bubba before, otherwise you would see the misinformation you are spreading.

If you are from the Yay area, then u more then likely have a "fake" Bubba, as there are alot of crappy cuts coming from a few of the clubs in and areound da Bay.

Pulling Fan leaves, from the top no less, is a HUGE mistake, no matter how you look at it. Any grower with any commen sense will tell you that pulling Fan leaves is just wrong, and not benificial to the plant at all.

To say that Bubba does not form top colas is another ignorant statement.
Just curious, but why would you say that?

RAIDER, if im not mistaken this is chucks thread, why would you come on here trying to start something with someone who has been growing and helping people for almost a decade. we are all decent people with our own opinions but we dont need ppl that are closed minded and just wont listen to what others have to say.
CHUCK, looking good so far man, love the strains and sorry about the rant.
hope ya dont mind if i pull up a rock.

btw:pretty sure mines real same sweet taste i love it
back to the topic

cd whats up? everything sounds good except wheres the pics, its been a minute since you threw some up.

^4eva420... thank you, i appreciate the realness a lot. and by all means, pull up a rock!
^norcalhal... serious? i live in the bay and all of my clones were bought at my local cannabis club. i hope they're not fakes! my club had been around for 10 years and has been given various awards, hopefully my trust for them isn't being abused..

although this "debate" was sorta negative, no real mutual respect being shown, i welcome ALL discussions of any sort. sometimes it takes someone to give some faulty advise (no hate intended Raider) to start a debate, giving arguments from both sides. disagreements are a wonderful way to learn, as long as they are kept respectful.
thanks everyone for taking the time to post in my thread!

whats happenin doc? you're right, about time for some photos. had a sexy photo shoot with the girls today :hubba:
the GDP, Bubba Kush, and Romulan are on day 37, and the PK and Grape Ape are on day 28. according to the plan, i should be changing the light cycles to 12/12 in two days. they're all still short, 1-2 feet (they're all different heights)
part of me is telling me to veg for a couple more weeks to get them a lil bigger. take a look at the photos, and let me know what you think. would you start 12/12?

on another note, temps are getting cooler in my area. this brings the temps down to a low of 54.8 in the night time. a little low, but isn't this supposed to bring out purple color? i'm not purposely doing this to make my buds purple, its just because the weather is getting colder...

the first two pictures are just an overview of the set up as of today, day 37/28.

the next two are of the Bubba kush.
next two are GDP.

then three of the romulan, and three of the super grape ape.

enjoy!

overview.jpg

overview1.jpg

bubbakush.jpg

bubbakushtop.jpg

gdp2.jpg

gdptop.jpg

romulan.jpg

romulan2.jpg

romulantop.jpg

supergrapeape1.jpg

supergrapeape2.jpg

supergrapeapetop.jpg

here are three of the purple kush. (only 12 attachments allowed per post)
thanks for stopping by!:D

Purplekush1.jpg

purplekush2.jpg

purplekushtop.jpg

chuck looking good. i forget how much head room yah have. this should be your determining factor. i would top the taller ones to match all @ the same height. remember theyre gunna @ least double in size @ least for the most part.

right on doc. i have a lot of head room, about 8 ft to the top stair, but gets smaller by each stair obviously. so i'd say about 7 ft. only thing i'm worried about it them getting to crowded bushy wise.
so you're saying top the taller ones and let the others catch up, then start the 12/12? does topping stop upward growth all together or just slow it down?

topping just slows it, but on the other hand makes it bush out. might want to look into lollipopping them to try & give just a main cola. to promote this you need to leave a bud site close to the main stalk while trimming the rest of the branch off. make sure there is a fan left per branch to be cut. id do this over a couple weeks & trim no more than a 1/3 @ a time. then let heal for a week. might be hard to come to grips w/ this after nourishing them this far but you have aprox 3x2x~7-8'. 5 plants in there is too close for comfort imo. this way you can give your hand @ cloning....lol

well i'm thinking... i have the room in there, its closed of at 2x3 because its the smallest i could do so the light would be more dense.
so i could just bring the area out another 6 inches, or a foot maybe. (400w HPS should be cool for 3x3 right?)
i'd just have to move the fan and rig up a new reflector wall.

i'd rather do this, and just top the two taller ones. i don't really feel confident enough to start chopping branches off at this point...

thanks for the input, appreciated as always!

what makes you say they will be 2-4 feet? the clones on my first grow were from the same place and didn't get taller then 2 feet, although they were different strains.

by 'that is material for a 1k' do you mean i am looking at 1000w to flower these?? i'm confused... i thought it's just lumans per square foot... if you have enough you have enough. you're saying if there that tall it wont be enough penetrating power, even if it's 5000+ lumans per square foot?
sorry for all the questions i'm just trying to get this straight.

the penetrating power is how far into the canopy of your plants your lights can reach and still give enough light for nice tight buds. A 400w even at 5000 lumens will not be able to handle a 4ft tall plant. The top and side branches will be nice and tight but you will end up with alot of fluffy bud.

chuckdee123 said:
what makes you say they will be 2-4 feet? the clones on my first grow were from the same place and didn't get taller then 2 feet, although they were different strains.

by 'that is material for a 1k' do you mean i am looking at 1000w to flower these?? i'm confused... i thought it's just lumans per square foot... if you have enough you have enough. you're saying if there that tall it wont be enough penetrating power, even if it's 5000+ lumans per square foot?
sorry for all the questions i'm just trying to get this straight.

hey chuck well if you have 1-2' plants in veg & flip now @ this height they will double to triple in height depending on strain. LHL answered your lighting question just how i would of.

well then... one last question: would 3x2.5ft be okay for three feet plants? . the area right now is 3ft x 1ft 9 inches (just took a better measurment), if i bring it out to 2.5 do you think that will be cool? it seems like the extra 10 inches will free up a lot of room i just need to keep the plants short, but how short?
i cant see them getting as tall as you're saying, just based on my first grow.
they did not grow more then a few inches during flowering, about 2ft when i chopped.
thanks again guys, your time's appreciated as always

yeah it will let in a lil more light to lower branches. id cut off lower branches so that you dont have popcorn buds eating up valuable plant energy. when you put into flower lets say shes 3' tall. id trim lower foot of plant free of all branches. imo

Latest posts

Back