Grow and Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiksroks

Fat Farmer
Reaction score
Just took some (crappy) pics of a few of my girls. This is the first time Ive posted any pictures here so check it out and let me know what you think.

All of these have been flowering for 3 weeks now. They were all clones purchased from a local dispensary. They were only 6"-8" tall when flowering began and are all 20"-24"

edit: the file names describe the strains

bluecheese4.10 (2).jpg

bluecheese4.10.jpg

bluedream4.10 (2).jpg

bluedream4.10.jpg

lemonkush4.10 (2).jpg

lemonkush4.10.jpg

whitewidow4.10 (2).jpg

whitewidow4.10.jpg

room4.10.jpg

This is a pic of a grand daddy purp that I rescued from a friend. It has been in flower forever!!! I had room and time so i took her in. Not really sure what has delayed her so much. Possible light leaks, temps in the 50's, overcrowding ??? I really don't know but as you can see she seems to be coming out of it now. I've had her for 3 weeks now and that main cola has doubled in girth. Its about the size of a tall can now!

I'm keeping a keen eye out for male parts. . .

granddaddypurp4.10 (2).jpg

granddaddypurp4.10.jpg

Awesome plants! I want to know how the Bluedream turns out.

post 2, pic 1...houston we have a problem...?

maineharvest said:
Awesome plants! I want to know how the Bluedream turns out.

I and a few of my friends have grown the Blue Dream before. It really is a dream to grow. It likes to stretch a bit but it is easy to grow and yields big. It loves nutrients and is incredibly disease and pest resistant. It is quick to flower and usually goes around 70 days in soil. The flowers are some of the prettiest Ive seen. They get a nice sugar coating early and later the buds take on a bluish iridescence. Very fancy! LOL. The buds I grew were extremely dense/heavy and smelt of blueberry muffins. They also had very sweet blueberry flavor and real thick even smoke.

I will post some better pics as these Blue Dream develop. If they get as nice as my last grow they will be bpotm material. . .

There is a Blue Dream grow in a High Times mag I have and they pulled 37 pounds in one grow. They used something like 22, 1000hps lamps. I love any strain with Blueberry in it. It may not be the most potent strain but the colors and the plant as a whole are just beautiful.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'm with OG here. This looks to be revegging?

Revegging? It definitely appears to be doing something strange. . .Its been in flower for 10 weeks now which is obviously way to long. I took it 3 weeks ago and they're definitely not right which is why they were given to me. . .

The friend that I got it from thought he may have had a light leak and the temps were in the 50s and below where it was being grown. . . Also should mention overcrowding and powdery mildew were problems. The light leak was corrected about 6 weeks ago now maybe 7. . .

The one pictured has fattened up tremendously since i brought it home and is definitely putting on new buds and not new veg although it may have been at one tim . I have another that is a bit smaller and not progressing as well. But is went from budlets on the mainstem to what you see since its been here.

What would be the best course of action for this? Is it worth the trouble? The little(er) guys, 12 total, are starting to spread and I will be needing the real estate soon. Will it ever finish? The one pictured looks close but the other still has the little twigs popping out of the buds and is not putting on new bud material nearly as fast although it is slowly. I was they would be done before the others and give me some "patience" while the others finish and dry/cure.

If i stick it out how much longer in your opinion should i expect? Anything I can do? Should I just chuck them?

OGKushman said:

What you see OG? other than some jacked up leaves and whatnot. . .Don't tell me its the incredible faux painting and Labrador border that is the problem! LOL

kiksroks said:
I and a few of my friends have grown the Blue Dream before. It really is a dream to grow. It likes to stretch a bit but it is easy to grow and yields big. It loves nutrients and is incredibly disease and pest resistant. It is quick to flower and usually goes around 70 days in soil. The flowers are some of the prettiest Ive seen. They get a nice sugar coating early and later the buds take on a bluish iridescence. Very fancy! LOL. The buds I grew were extremely dense/heavy and smelt of blueberry muffins. They also had very sweet blueberry flavor and real thick even smoke.

I will post some better pics as these Blue Dream develop. If they get as nice as my last grow they will be bpotm material. . .

i grew Blue Dream a couple times, definetly could take a heavy nute feeding without an issue, also a fairly heavy producer, the only issue i had with it was atleast mine were very prone to PM, i had a minor PM issue and the blue dream took it bad, way worst than other strains in the same room.

dman1234 said:
i grew Blue Dream a couple times, definetly could take a heavy nute feeding without an issue, also a fairly heavy producer, the only issue i had with it was atleast mine were very prone to PM, i had a minor PM issue and the blue dream took it bad, way worst than other strains in the same room.

Interesting, I'll keep an eye out. I have never had a mildew problem in my growroom but I have had mites and they were the least affected by the mites in my grow. I have been having pm nightmares (only bad dreams to this point) that came with the GDP but have sprayed the whole lot down with neem at miticide strength twice in the last month and have been running the exhaust fan 24/7 to help keep things fresh. . .

I only have 2 Blue Dream going now (wanted more) along with 4 White Widow, 5 Blue Cheese, and a single Lemon Kush. . . I guess I can't complain too much.

I also see reveg. It looks like the light leaks caused the plant to go back into veg. It could take weeks to see new bud growth and it sounds like they have been very stressed so keep an eye out for nanners. Personally I would chop them to make room for your others.

maineharvest said:
I also see reveg. It looks like the light leaks caused the plant to go back into veg. It could take weeks to see new bud growth and it sounds like they have been very stressed so keep an eye out for nanners. Personally I would chop them to make room for your others.

The light leak was corrected about a month before i got them. They have been with me for 3 weeks. So they've been in flower for 7 weeks since the light leak was discovered and probably 5 weeks before that. When I got them 3 weeks ago I trimmed the lower branches which were mostly dead due to overcrowding and mildew anyways, top dressed the pots with some ffof and lime, and let them settle in for a bit. I have been using fftb and ffbb for the last 2 weeks. The guy who I got them from knew he had a problem when his NYCD (sativa), grown in a different room, were well ahead of these even though they started a week later. . .

The plant pictured has tons of new bud growth. The main cola has easily doubled in mass in the last 3 weeks along with the other flowers. It was only the main stem with walnut sized nuglets at the nodes (not solid as pictured) when i put it in my room. The other one appears to be worthless at this time and will likely get composted out back soon. . .

I definitely have been watching them closely. For both Powdery Mildew and nanners/male flowers since I got them.

Still chop them? Or just wait them out. I took them with the intent of having them finish within the next 2 weeks (from now). I will NOT let them negatively affect the grow though. . .

Be careful getting clones from dispensaries, here in Co theres a huge spider mite problem with disp. clones. I had a plant that revegged and it took the full 60 days to finish after correcting the problem.

nova564t said:
Be careful getting clones from dispensaries, here in Co theres a huge spider mite problem with disp. clones.

Yes we in Cali have had a lot of problems like that but it seems to have slowed some. Hopefully due to good practices but could just be winter. . .
My brother grew for years before I ever did seriously. My sister is a successful grower as well. My 55 y/o mother just got her mmj recommendation too. I grow for her and my wife and might self medicate just a bit, lol. Point is I've seen the damage they can do. . .

I assume all my clones are infested and start treatment as soon as I get them and continue preventative treatments throughout the grow rotating 2-3 different miticides (currently neem, azamax, and Pyrethrins). I've had one crop all but destroyed and another compromised so my goal is to kill the bugs I don't see in of hopes never seeing them again.

OGKushman said:

care to share, teddy bear?

edit; :holysheep: officially too high to post

I just hope that I am reading as fast as I am building and growing.... Oh by the way this is on my second story balcony .... he! he! :eek:

Still under Construction....JPG

Here we grow....JPG

Grow 2.JPG

Grow 3.JPG

Grow 4.JPG

Grow 5.JPG

Back to phony light for the night..JPG

Creamatory.JPG

Creamatory 2.JPG

The grave yard, with very little hope....JPG

Still the bathroom.JPG

before the grow tent....JPG

kiksroks said:
Interesting, I'll keep an eye out. I have never had a mildew problem in my growroom but I have had mites and they were the least affected by the mites in my grow. I have been having pm nightmares (only bad dreams to this point) that came with the GDP but have sprayed the whole lot down with neem at miticide strength twice in the last month and have been running the exhaust fan 24/7 to help keep things fresh. . .

I only have 2 Blue Dream going now (wanted more) along with 4 White Widow, 5 Blue Cheese, and a single Lemon Kush. . . I guess I can't complain too much.
Thank God! Someone else growing more then one strain!
Some 19 year old, high kid told me I couldn't grow more then one strain at a time... I took it as a challenge which I needed right now... I literary got kick off that other site which we will not mention "The Marijuana Forum" by this total idiot of a monitor and we won't mention any names "smashedbyhashish" But the fool is an arrogant... #$%@&*^%$%^%$# and anyway I am growing in my first grow... and yes! ...they all have separate stalls
Bella Donna
Purple Kush
Blackberry Kush
Lava Train
Black Widow
Green Crack
Afghani

The only issue that I have had is keeping an even canopy but you can have that problem even growing one strain. I have a system of cinder blocks and 2x6 lumber that I use to keep everything at the same height. The other issues are they wont necessarily all finish at the same time and may have different nutrient requirements but all of these can easily be overcome with a little care and patience. . . A white widow will be just as white widowy whether it was grown with a group of other widows or in a room full of other strains.

I would absolutely hate harvesting a pound (hopefully more) of only one strain. I like variety. If I ever find the "perfect" strain then I may just dial that one strain in and grow it exclusively. Haven't found it yet. . .

Latest posts

Back