Grow box almost done!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, I'm goona get the last peice and i'm done. I start germinateing today, I gonna try a chronic seed I got in a lid I saved or regular weed seeds I get from my lids.

this is the one I picked up right now. It has three wires but cpu fan has two wires...?

whats up AZshwagg. the 3rd wire is a ground wire. you dont have to worry about the ground wire. did you get an AC adapter? do you have any pics?

my computer is acting funny but this is what it says on the box:

12V
500mA power adapter

here they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adapter.JPG

2005_03261stage0002.JPG

ok let me see if i can walk you through this. in the second pic you see the end of the cord. cut that off. you will then have 3 wires splice them. do the same thing with the fan. take a pic of both and put it up so i can see them.

here they are, the two white wires one of them has a small black lettering, don't if indicates which one is what???

AZshwagg said:
here they are, the two white wires one of them has a small black lettering, don't if indicates which one is what???
any pics? i dont see anything? can you put up some pics of what you just did. this way i can see what you got and tell you what wires to connect.

my wigged out right now but i messed around with it and I got it working!!!!!!!

2005_03261stage0005.JPG

hook the wire from the adapter with the lettering on it to the black wire on the fan. hook the other up to the red wire. you can cut the ground wire off i did. put some wire caps on and plug it in. if it doesnt work that wat switch the wires around. let me know how you make out.

since i'm using it to pump hot air out, do i point it outwards with the air blowing out the box or in?

AZshwagg said:
since i'm using it to pump hot air out, do i point it outwards with the air blowing out the box or in?
yup. you want it blowing out. did it work?

like a charm, Thanks to all of "you". I'm off to install, I'll put sum pic's wen done.

AZshwagg said:
like a charm, Thanks to all of "you". I'm off to install, I'll put sum pic's wen done.
cool. thats what i like to here. got it on the first shot.
fing25.gif

one more question!!! do you think i really need two. it is rated at 73.70 cfm cause if i need another one i'll make two openings. Or will one do the job?

AZshwagg said:
one more question!!! do you think i really need two. it is rated at 73.70 cfm cause if i need another one i'll make two openings. Or will one do the job?
to be honest yes. i think i could have got away with using only one in my speaker box but i wanted to make sure. you should'nt have any problems. do you have a small fan you can set inside you cab to aim at your lights? if not you should get one. you can get them at wally world for like $5 to $10

AZshwagg said:
i got a small fan, I guess thats goin in!
not only will the other fan help keep the heat down but it will also strengthen the stems on your babies getting them ready to hold them big fat colas your about to grow. be sure to post some pics of your cab when you are done. :cool:

the cab is done, finally! the fan is installed and working, I'm goin to wally world for the timer to use on the lights and fan and thats it. Just wait'n on the seeds to germinate!!!! heres som pic, if any sug's be do.

2005_03261stage0009.JPG

2005_03261stage0008.JPG

2005_03261stage0007.JPG

2005_03261stage0006.JPG

Looks great dude. That is a nice lookin cab.

Latest posts

Back