Grow box automation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxom

Reaction score
So after not growing so much as an Aloe for the last 20 years, I've decided to build a grow box again. It's great that my state offers medical use now. To that, I can add a cultivator's license for another $100. Sweet! beats these $1000 per ounce prices the dispensaries are getting away with!!!!

I saw a video on YouTube, where one guy converts an Ikea armoire into a stealth closet. Something along the lines I had designed back in the late '90s. While I did like this YouTuber, it seemed to me he was plugging his own Arduino-based automation company to control lights and such. I give him kudos for finding a niche product to sell, but what he's offering won't do all the automation I would like to see. Not only do I wish to control lights, fans, and humidity, but I also what to monitor ph, dissolved solids, and perhaps if I can swing it, Co2 as well. I started to google controllers, but they all seemed to be for greenhouses and cost thousands of dollars. What do they offer for us micro grows?

While there is a forum specifically for lighting. I do have some related questions. I'm potentially looking at the Mars Hydro TS-1000. This, according to Coco would be ideal for a 2'x2' chamber. I plan on doing a scrog set up with a bubbler. The design I had been working on many years ago, could have worked with a 150w HPS, although a 250w would have given a greater intensity for more dense buds and the ability for using light to get down into the canopy (larger tight buds). For this reason, I'm also considering the TSW-2000. Has anyone used this, and with what results? How large of a ventilation fan do you use to keep it cool? I have no experience with LEDs. I used HPS's that you could fry an egg on! (pair of 1000w for my grow room!)

Well, while I sort all that out, my main reason again for posting here is to find a good control and monitoring controller. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Latest posts

Back