Grow Clonesicles or veg them awhile?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend Willis

Senior Crackhead
Reaction score
I need some input please. I'm on my 3rd grow of clones. So far, I've been throwing them under 12s after they have a few weeks to strengthen their roots. They've been growing 2' to 2.5' (under 400 hps) and providing 10-15-20 grams of dried bud... depending on strain.

If I decide to veg awhile, should the plant be LSTd or topped?

How large of a container?

I'm enjoying growing clones but wondered what most folks do to get maximum efficiency from their girls.
RW

SS 723 wb clone.jpg

How tall are the clones when you switch them to 12/12? If you want to grow them for a while lst works EXTREMELY well.. I tried it for my first time this grow... I put screws all around the 5gal buckets and tied each branch down that way. Cuts the height HUGE... 1/4-1/3 the height of my other ones I didn't lst.

Maximum efficiency would be a sog grow.... as many small ones as you can fit... however leo doesn't like to see that... a plant is a plant no matter 1 inch high or 12 feet.

KADE said:
How tall are the clones when you switch them to 12/12? If you want to grow them for a while lst works EXTREMELY well.. I tried it for my first time this grow... I put screws all around the 5gal buckets and tied each branch down that way. Cuts the height HUGE... 1/4-1/3 the height of my other ones I didn't lst.
Hey, Kade. Thanks for stopping by. My clones have been 6-10" when I throw them under 12s. So, they will double or triple in height.
I guess I'll LST these girls and see what I get. I've done a lot of LST in the past but didn't have time to work with the last crop because I was moving.
Efficiency is the keyword here. My last grow room had PLENTY of space but the new closet allows only a 2' x 2.5' footprint. I have a seperate box for vegging so I'll hafta grow BIG before throwing them under the 400.

The pic I've added is an idea I stole from someone. It is the quickest/easiest of LST methods I've found. I drilled holes around the edge of the pot and use long pipe cleaners to hold the limbs. The long pipe cleaners are available at Wally's fabric/craft section.

Day  18 LSTd.jpg

pipe cleaners are KEY.. they work magic.. theres mine, i used pipe cleaners and tied them to tacks that i stuck in the pots.. you can see the holes from them

LST1.JPG

i use the bread tie twisteys that you can buy at lowes , homedepot , $1.65 feet for a couple of dollars .

eh? 1.65 for 2.00 ok i'll sell ya 1.65 fer 2.00 no problem

k i see you mustive missed me asstra. .ok how 165 feet for $2 and has a built in cutter to make any lengh.

i think that seems a little more resonable ;).. i get about 100 pipe cleaners for $1, i just like them because they are easy on the stem because they are fuzzy

I use "Stretch Magic" it's elastic rope kids use to make bracelets found in any craft store....also i use little clips to hold the rope down....i LST the poo out of my girls and top them as well....i'll show you pics if you like....
Happy growing

Latest posts

Back