Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temp in tent without fans on, 71 degrees.
Humidity is at 47%

Seeds are nearing 48 hours plopped in water, and no real signs of a root yet :(

After 60 hours germination... I'm not too happy. I hope I don't have to contact Attitude and deal with this. :(

Any thoughts?

60hoursGerm.jpg

Still looking for thoughts on seeds and initial temp/RH readings, and also letting you know first post was updated with full breakdown of "the setup" and nute regime.

Where did you put the seeds? What are the temps? Did you use distilled water? I have to say that 60 hours without breaking open is not good.

I am sorry that I did not follow this thread closer, I certainly would have discouraged the purchase of the MH.

I live in the country, and we have excellent water that we drink, so I figured use that. Not chlorinated and no additives.

I had the seeds in my dark closet.. I would say the water feels a bit cold to the touch through the glass. Room temp is about 68-69 if I had to guess.

I think you drowned those beans.:eek:
I was taught to take them out of the watter as soon as they sink.
Did you Ph the watter ?

Also: in your tent - how are you changing the air over ?
I was taught to pull the air out of the tent and thru the light.

Drowned?! I've seen in loads of videos many people germ this way!! :( :(

I have air coming from outside the tent, into the light, out of the ten, pulled by Hurricane fan and into Phat Filter.

Odd, again that's different from other things I've seen... I have seen some do it both ways, but you're saying passively pull air from the tent and leave one end open on the hood to pull from tent? I've seen that a few times as well, but I thought when you were running some CO2 that you ran the ventilation the way I have it set up.

I guess I'm all kinds of confused now :/

not sure you are ready for C02.
Regardless - the air in the tent neds to be changed over -

Regardless - the air in the tent neds to be changed over

Please elaborate. :)

I've taken the seeds and put them on a plate with paper towels etc... maybe I can salvage them / this.

EllisD said:
Please elaborate. :)

leave one end of the light open - the air will be pulled out of the tent -thru the light and into your filter. The way you have it - you are filtering fresh air :eek:

I've taken the seeds and put them on a plate with paper towels etc... maybe I can salvage them / this.

Not sure if you can save them if they are already drowned - But put the paper towells in a zip-loc bag (un-zipped) then put the bag on top of your cable box for a little heat.:cool:

IMO i would get them beans back into the glass o water and onto your cable box for warmth if the water temp seems a bit cool---60 days is no bueno---beans s/b poppin in a couple days

The plate I have them on, between paper towels on on my lap currently to bring up the temp.. I have no cable box to set them on.

Wonderful.. I fund raised enough to get all this done and I thought everything was good.. and I screw up right out the gates. Excellent.

go ahead and leave them in the wet paper towel---do you have any electrical appliance to set them on---tv, refridgerator, etc...

Nothing that is warm on top :( I've been walking around my home trying to find something.

I have a water heater, but it is not warm on top of it.. at all

Oil burning furnace.. if I put it on that vent, it will get too hot for sure.

Latest posts

Back