Grow Journal of a Cannabinoid Android

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still 3 growing strong, and 1 about to raise. I think the Cluster isn't going to make it.. I saw a root but doesn't seem to continue its development.

Crossing my fingers!

yeah, the seedling stretching is normal. it looks to have reached its limit if they are properly lit. they will start to build nodes now.

Thanks for that Shortbus! :)

I'm in day 8 and I'm curious as to when I should start my "week 1" nute schedule. I know I'm doing half recommended strength, just curious when to start. Each plant has its first set of true leaves, granted they are small.

Here's an update for today:

Day 9

Temp: 69°
RH: 39%

Let me know what you all think. When should I start my half strength first week of nutes? I was thinking anytime would work.

GrowDay9-7.jpg

GrowDay9-6.jpg

GrowDay9-5.jpg

GrowDay9-4.jpg

GrowDay9-3.jpg

GrowDay9-2.jpg

GrowDay9.jpg

hey DGF nice ladies you have thier. i would wait on the nutes for at least 1 more week but your soil should have the food they need for a least two weeks are more.

Indeed.. I believe I was supposed to wait until the colydites (2 first leave thingies - no clue how to spell) start turning a tad yellow ya?

Thanks for your answer and checking in!

Temps: 61°

All 4 plants have first set of true leaves and the Cluster seed looks like it may take off too! We'll see. :)

give em 14 days minimum before feeding. i start at about 250-300 ppm(water is 70ppm to begin with), and will give them their first feeding between 14-21 days depending on how the plants look

Thanks Shortbus! :)

I'll be updating with pics VERY often for the benefit of having you all tell me what you think.

Temps this morning: 56°
RH: 36%

Seems a bit low to me... we're having the last 2 days of a cold snap hitting so that will be the lowest the tent hits during this grow (I believe)

EllisD said:
Thanks Shortbus! :)

I'll be updating with pics VERY often for the benefit of having you all tell me what you think.

Temps this morning: 56°
RH: 36%

Seems a bit low to me... we're having the last 2 days of a cold snap hitting so that will be the lowest the tent hits during this grow (I believe)

Post some more up, I want to make sure your not stretching.
Your light still at 18"?

Will get pics shortly after dinner.. stay tuned! :)

Stretching seems to have stopped. I'm not seeing much upwards motion as much as I'm seeing the first few leaves growing.

Pics within the hour! Thanks Growdude!

And here they are. Sorry I ment to put something against the plants so you could see the size properly.

When I do the transfer to 3gal pots, I'll make sure to bury the stem a little bit.

GrowDay10.jpg

GrowDay10-2.jpg

GrowDay10-3.jpg

EllisD said:
And here they are. Sorry I ment to put something against the plants so you could see the size properly.

When I do the transfer to 3gal pots, I'll make sure to bury the stem a little bit.

Yea they look good at this point.
I like to transplant once I know the cup is filled quite well with roots, then it dont break apart when I pop them out of the cups.

It can grow alot in that cup yet.

Yeah, I figured they had a bit to go in those cups for sure! Thanks for taking a look and giving your thoughts!

I hit "new posts" here every 15 minutes roughly lol. It's nice to see this thread gets some proper loving. :D

Starting to show second set of leaves on a couple of them. I put the fan on oscillate and low to get some air moving around and "agitate" the little guys. It was 75° and 39% RH in the tent today. Do you think it's too early to have the fan on? I don't see them flying around out of control or anything, but I'd still like thoughts on when to get an OSC fan going on low.

They did just fine with the fan on last night.. matter of fact, they certainly look stronger oddly. The fan leaves increased size over night very much.

Temps this morning: 65°

For the last few days, I have had one kind of falling over a little. I'm thinking either use something to help it stand straight, or just get it a bit more straight when I transplant in a week or so.

EllisD said:
They did just fine with the fan on last night.. matter of fact, they certainly look stronger oddly. The fan leaves increased size over night very much.

Temps this morning: 65°

For the last few days, I have had one kind of falling over a little. I'm thinking either use something to help it stand straight, or just get it a bit more straight when I transplant in a week or so.

yeah the fan should help them get strong stems;)

65 is a bit too cold for MJ:eek:

i see you beeen having temps in the 50's DANGER gotta get a heater or somethinf bro. good luck

I have 1 heater going on low outside of the tent. I brought a second one on low on the other side of the tent when it hit 50's... Under the light being warmer was the only thing that kept them strong, surely. This was all during the last "cold snap" just before these spring temps start up, so I'm confident the worst is behind me as far as temps, thank you very much for comments and concerns Dr, much appreciated! :D

I'll get some pics later today, to show the one that's leaning a bit. Like I mentioned before, I think the transplant in a week or so will be helpful, as I'll be sinking the stem in a bit.

Anyone else with thoughts up to this point? I would love to hear them all!

There is nothing wrong with temps that get down into the mid 60's--I wouldn't worry at all about 65 degrees as it is well within growing parameters. If that is your nightime low, you are fine. You want to try and keep temps between 60 and 80 for best growth, with 65 to 75 being optimal. At 60 or below, the growth of the plant slows dramatically. IMO, damage from excessive heat is a far greater risk than temps a little low when they are this young.

Cheers THG: Yea I figured the 60's were "ok" but yeah, when it hit 58 I was slightly concerned. I do think I noticed no vertical growth nor growth on leaves for about 36 hours after I saw that temp too. Could be just me and my noobness, but I think it was so.

Pics coming shortly :cool:

Latest posts

Back