grow lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mics7277

Reaction score
Yes i have been growing for about a year now.And when i started i came here and got alot of great advice.And things have been growing way better then i thought.I have grown three different strains.My first grow i used white rhino from green house seeds.Then i grew super lemon haze.NOw im growing vanilla kush from barneys.I am using a 400 watt cool tube.I use gh nutes im using the expert program and i use every bottle.I grow in a gh power grower.I have two tents side by side.one plant vegging and one tent for flowering.I got six and half ounces per harvest.And i got almost 8 ounces from one harvest.Anyways enough of the rambling.My question is if i buy a 1000 watt light and use it in the same tent that should double my harvest right?

No more light does not always equal more bud growth. You have to meet the plant nutrition needs and CO2 needs for the best growth rates also

:yeahthat:, the healthier your little ladies are, the bigger your yield is! :D

I have a small room for flowering that I probably could get by with 400w a get a decent grow. I'm going with 1000w this grow because I heard about THCV and wanted to check that out. It shows up from strains that derived from the areas around the equater and needs the output intensity of at least 1000w to develope when grown indoors. I have "Full Moon" strain from that area I'm doing right now and wondered if other strains outside that area would also benefit in some way. I would love to be part of that study if the light bill wouldn't be so high. That is my only complaint of the higher wattage. The more light the better, it benefits the plant but you won't see that drastic a growth in plant, IMO.

ty for all the input :)

well heat isnt a issue.Im not worried about electricity.I can just turn the ac up a few degrees.My main issue is.Should i just get a 600 watt since you guys dont seem to think a 1000 would change my harvest very much.

i have a 2x8x7 tent.with just one plant.

sorry i meant its a 2x8x2x8x7ft

So should i just set up another tent with one plant with a 400 watt light?the same set up here

mics7277 said:
sorry i meant its a 2x8x2x8x7ft

I don't understand those numbers as written. Are you talking feet and inches or metric?

If you are saying 2feet 8 inches square and 7 feet high, you can fit more than one plant in there and that would increse your yield.

2'8x2'8x7'ft.i have tried to put two plants in there it doesnt work.I use gh waterfarm power growers.My plants get to about 3 and half feet high.even when i flip them at 10 inches.two plants for this tent is to much i have tried.So i justkeep one in the tent with a 400 watt light and i always get about 6 and half to 8 ounces of dried bud.So thats why i was thinking of putting a 600 watt light or a 1000 watt light in that tent.If i bought a 1000 light with bulb it will cost me the same amount of money as it would be to just set up the same identical tent,with one plant and a 400 watt light.So would i be better off just setting up two tents with 400 watts.I get 6 ounces minimum with this tent.So i should get the same exact harvest if i set up a additional tent with the same specs.Sorry if im rambling.

Some here try to challenge themselves to get 1gram per watt so maybe there is something else you can do to increse yield and someone may chime in on that.

well from my area and what i have been told.I could just set up one more tent identical to what i have now.That would be one more 400 watt light,instead of adding 1 1000watt light.I guess if i can get 6 plus ounces from my first tent.I should do the same on the second.It would actually be cheaper to just set up a identical tent.That would be 200 watts less then just getting one 1000 watt light.Does that make sense?

from all the stufff i had read the only way you are going to get one gram per watt is have a co2 system and a ton of plants.Which mean more equipment more monitoring more time more more more.I think from all this feed back im just going to buy another 400watt light with the same tent.If i can do 6 ounces from one i should be able to do the same with there other.And at cheaper wattage then a 1000 watt light.Thanks for all the feedback buys.Must appreicated

my whole point of this thread was.Could i double my harvest with one plant one tent by simple changing from a 400 watt light to a 1000 watt light.

mics7277 said:
from all the stufff i had read the only way you are going to get one gram per watt is have a co2 system and a ton of plants.Which mean more equipment more monitoring more time more more more.I think from all this feed back im just going to buy another 400watt light with the same tent.If i can do 6 ounces from one i should be able to do the same with there other.And at cheaper wattage then a 1000 watt light.Thanks for all the feedback buys.Must appreicated

You like pics?

mics7277 said:
my whole point of this thread was.Could i double my harvest with one plant one tent by simple changing from a 400 watt light to a 1000 watt light.

Is it possible? Yes. Difficult but do able with practice and patience.

Why are you posting 5 times in a row? Gettin ur post count up? ;)

Sorry if I strayed away from the topic, I do that sometimes when I get stoned. That's interesting, what headroom do you have, what room did you have left that you could continue to grow upwards and not burn the tops. The xtra wattage would give you more penetration so allow for greater height. Also, you could pinch your plant more for a fuller plant with the better penetration the 1000w would give. It would be interesting to see how much more a yield you would get that way.

well im not that skilled to pinch or burn the tops.I have no idea what that means.i have a 7x6 tent.Iw ill probaly just set up the same tent i have.If im getting this success from my first tent.I should be able to dupicate the same in my second tent.Ty guys :)

Hello mics7277. Congratulations on the great grows. Yielding 6 - 8 z's off a single plant under 400 watts is very impressive. Congrats on that.

If I read it correctly, your tent size is just under 8 sq ft. IMO a 1000w would be way too much light. Even 600 would be pushing the limits at over 12k lpsf (hps). Would you get better growth? My guess would be yes. Double? I think that would be difficult.

IMO if you could get a 2nd 400w unit in there and angle the lights to get better light distribution, or go vertical, I think you would probably see a bigger yield. At least that was my result. But my space is a little larger than your (2.5' x 4'). It's tough with such a small space.

Those must be some trees you're growing. Again congratulations and good luck in whichever direction you go.

Because my plants seem to get big as hell.I had to harvest today 5 days early.I grew a super lemon haze from greenhouse seeds.This ***** stretched right at 5 feet.I actually had to bend the cola.I just finished trimming which took maybe 2 and half hours.Wet she is about 978 grams.And from my experience from my last 4 harvest.I should end up with 6 and half right at 7 ounces of dried bud.I tried to put two plants in that one tent two harvest ago.And i had to just trash the weaker one because the other plant took off like steroids.So im growing vanilla kush now from barneys.Which is indica so she isnt suppose to stretch so much.I also bought a new 400 hortilux bulb for my new kush.I was using a cheap *** bulb for about a year.So maybe thats why this particular plant stretched so mucH?OLd bulb?MY other plants got maybe 3 and half feet.And i still got a little over 6 ounces dried.Im thinking i might just get a 600 watt that should make my budsa little bigger and more compact?It should also help keep the plant from stretching to much you think?I always keep my light about 8 inches from the top of the plant.

Have you ever considered running from clones? They are way easier to keep on the smaller side. Wld require keeping a mom though. Cld do a SOG with them.

yea my issue now is space.So i have two tents set up.I start from seed.Its so easy to get seeds now thanks to attitude :) I havent ever messed with clones or anything.Im pretty dial into my cycles with seeds.So i figure i will justkeep doing what im doing.This particular plant is sativa.So from everything i head from these forums,sativas stretch more then indicas.So im going to pay alot more attention to how they grow now.Im doing vanilla kush from barneys.And she is staying short fat and bushey so far.She is about 28 days old from seed and she is only 7 inches and pretty bushey.I really need to get my digital camera back so i can take some pics.

I have always understood that if you use 1000's your nugs will be more dense especially if u can keep the heat down, my buddy was usin 3 600's then got good bud but then he switched to 3 1000's and his nug are rock hard for sure, dunno if its just a coincidence or what but thats why I got 1000's, we also have more space to cover though.... he has 5 -1000s in one room on light movers :eek:

Latest posts

Back