grow lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTDANNY22

Reaction score
i have a 3x3x3x 72 vizosun grow tent with a kings led1000 light a humidifier a 4 inch exhaust fan and 2 pole fans and am using fox farms ocean i grew one plant with this light it turned out ok not really huge buds but good quality i was looking at the mars hydro 2000 will it be worth it to invest in this light ?

i have a 3x3x3x 72 vizosun grow tent with a kings led1000 light a humidifier a 4 inch exhaust fan and 2 pole fans and am using fox farms ocean i grew one plant with this light it turned out ok not really huge buds but good quality i was looking at the mars hydro 2000 will it be worth it to invest in this light ?
Been hearing good things about the new Mars lights
Watch for sales at the Mars site also

HLG has some fine LED lights also, they sell kits if you can wire...............

Been hearing good things about the new Mars lights
Watch for sales at the Mars site also

HLG has some fine LED lights also, they sell kits if you can wire...............
And, many places as well as a few you tube videos offer 5% off coupons, Cocoforcannabis.com has one for MarsHydro.
I order directly from MarsHydro.

Bubba

And, many places as well as a few you tube videos offer 5% off coupons, Cocoforcannabis.com has one for MarsHydro.
I order directly from MarS TSW200
JUST ORDERED THE MARS HYDR TSW2000 WILL IT HURT TO CHANGE LIGHTS PLANTS ARE

WILL IT HURT MY PLANTS THEY HAVE BEEN GROWING under a king led 1500 they just now started to get 5 and seven leafs if i switch them to the mars hydro light

I'm no expert, but I think LED light is LED light. I see no problem.

Your good. Only difference will be if it is better light. For small Indoor tent operations, Mars Hydro is an excellent choice. I think you are good.

Bubba

well i got the new hydro tsw2000 its alot brighter and way larger foot print than i had before dim switch is awesome my transplants from the big bucket are doing good see photo
Your good. Only difference will be if it is better light. For small Indoor tent operations, Mars Hydro is an excellent choice. I think you are good.

Bubba
i have so far kept these plants under light 24 hours a day should i start giving them daekness

Attachments

• IMG_7044.JPG
    IMG_7044.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 18
well i got the new hydro tsw2000 its alot brighter and way larger foot print than i had before dim switch is awesome my transplants from the big bucket are doing good see photo

i have so far kept these plants under light 24 hours a day should i start giving them daekness
Opinions vary. I veg 24 hr light, but that's me.

Bubba

Started with mars hydro. Wasn't satisfied with the outcome so looked into upgrading. You should look into HLG or iluminar. Very good options for a 3x3

I have had the best grows of my life since I went with MarsHydro SP 3000, one in 2x4, two in 4x4.

Gmo also uses mars with stupendous results all documented here.

The HLG are great, but if you are using a tent, get an extra tall tent, to have correct par, you will need 30 inches above canopy....or you will go past 1200 par....

Bubba

COOL THANKS FOR THE INFO THEY HAVE GROWN IN TWO DAYS WITH THIS MARS 20000 heres apic update remember last week they looked sick all doing good now

Attachments

• IMG_7047.JPG
    IMG_7047.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7048.JPG
    IMG_7048.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7049.JPG
    IMG_7049.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7050.JPG
    IMG_7050.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7044.JPG
    IMG_7044.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 9
Well, using one of their (,HLG) in 3x3 isn't as hot as their larger models.

Great par tests on coco for cannabis site. They have a test set up with movable walls. That way they can replicate any size "tent" to test. They have many reviews, and do them at several different heights. This let's you see at what height it has to be above the canopy so as to not fry or stunt plants, i.e. 1100 parcenter, and what the corners (typically the lowest reading area) which will vary with height.

I was going with HlG 650 R, but looking at HLG's info, I would need almost 30 inches over canopy....this will not do with a 6 ft tent. So I would have to turn it down to get closer with corners suffering.

Some of the newest lights (expensive( are not using the most popular diodes, but are still getting correct light, using less power less heat and getting closer canopy distances for limited height tents.

When I saw their review of SP3000 in 2x4, they gave it an A+, holding 1000 par on center area, corners still at over 700. They gave this A+, the best 2x4 pattern they had seen. When they tried two SP3000 in 4x4, was even better A++! Canopy height for my setups is 18 inches.

Bubba

Im sold. Guess i gotta get me one here pretty soon.

Take a look at the Coco for cannabis review, they review a lot of popular lights, from inexpensive to expensive, with really good protocol.
If you are after it, or any Mars Hydro, order straight from MarsHydro, they have sales especially around 4/20. Cocofor cannabis has a 5% discount code also.

Bubba

Last edited:
I have 4 x 600 watt over each 4 x 8 table set at 4 foot on center above each table, factory recs. Once the new room is done they will be on 3 foot centers They are set at the lowest point of 18" above the tallest flower and I average 692 PAR plus across the table. In fact the edges are a lot higher now at 600 PAR and the center 680 BUT more equal across the table than any other light I have seen/tried. How did I do that? Seeing is believing. I I ended up setting my lights to a 55 degree angle after many tests and measurements with a good PAR meter. The picture is showing the lights at flat and angled for the tests. Laying flat at 18"? Averaged 354 PAR. Look at the test light pattern on any LED box on the market. Tests results on any manufacturers specs are at either 6" or 12 inches from target. Numbers don't lie!!

Attachments

• thumbnail (5).jpg
    thumbnail (5).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back