Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Grow Room Cleaning

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
I'm going to be lining my two rooms with that silver roll out mylar; If this stuff is cheap and worthless I'd like to know something a bit more durable and reliable with about the same percentage of reflectivity.

When it comes to cleaning what products should I use and how would I clean the area; do I wipe the walls and stuff down every harvest or just when I see things get a little grungy? I've read on here mylar isnt the easiest to clean, not sure if its the best to use then.

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
Hi SBS, Can you just paint the room with a flat white paint? That is the best thing. Mylar is very hard to clean and I don't like it as well as white paint.
The white flat is as reflective as mylar, weird huh, but true.

Reaction score
I hate mylar. I have found that mylar is almost impossible to clean. It only retains those nice high reflective percentages if it is hung straight with NO wrinkles--a virtually impossible job.

If you want something on your walls, hang panda film. Otherwise, I would go with Rosebud's suggestion and use a good quality FLAT white paint. Although glossy or semi gloss may appear that it is more reflective, it is not.

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
Cleaning Mylar sucks:(

Panda film is pretty easy:)

Flat white paint is easy:)

Bleach and water for paint/panda film, I try to keep mine as clean as possible.

Latest posts