Grow Room Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Silver Bullet Special

Reaction score
I'm going to be lining my two rooms with that silver roll out mylar; If this stuff is cheap and worthless I'd like to know something a bit more durable and reliable with about the same percentage of reflectivity.

When it comes to cleaning what products should I use and how would I clean the area; do I wipe the walls and stuff down every harvest or just when I see things get a little grungy? I've read on here mylar isnt the easiest to clean, not sure if its the best to use then.

Hi SBS, Can you just paint the room with a flat white paint? That is the best thing. Mylar is very hard to clean and I don't like it as well as white paint.
The white flat is as reflective as mylar, weird huh, but true.

I hate mylar. I have found that mylar is almost impossible to clean. It only retains those nice high reflective percentages if it is hung straight with NO wrinkles--a virtually impossible job.

If you want something on your walls, hang panda film. Otherwise, I would go with Rosebud's suggestion and use a good quality FLAT white paint. Although glossy or semi gloss may appear that it is more reflective, it is not.

Cleaning Mylar sucks:(

Panda film is pretty easy:)

Flat white paint is easy:)

Bleach and water for paint/panda film, I try to keep mine as clean as possible.

Latest posts

Back