Grow room design question: exhaust fan placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoCoGrow

Reaction score
The 10 ' x 10' grow room I'm having built in my garage is almost done (finally!). With regards to exhausting air out of the room, the insulated ducting will start at the ceiling of the grow room, route up through the top of the garage and into the attic, and will exit either through the roof or the top of the siding. My question -- as stated in the title of this post -- is where along the path is the ideal location to put the exhaust fan?

I'll be running a 440 CFM 6" adjustable high output fan with a Phat Muffler. My contractor, who does have some experience building grow rooms, is advocating for placing the fan in the attic, so that would be roughly in the middle of the distance from grow room to exit. Does that sound right to you? I'm not suggesting it isn't, I just have no prior experience with this level of setup. What do you think?

Thanks!

He is totally correct. Thats exactly what i did in Florida. Plus the Exhaust fan noise will be in the attic,,not the grow room. I put mine on bungie cords hanging from rafters which made it much quieter too.

He is totally correct. Thats exactly what i did in Florida. Plus the Exhaust fan noise will be in the attic,,not the grow room. I put mine on bungie cords hanging from rafters which made it much quieter too.
1610551517463.png

But hung from rafters as @WeedHopper said Much less noise I made the mistake of screwing it to the wood once , sounded like an LZ

Great idea on the bungy cord mounting, trying that next time for sure.

Bubba

Yeah it worked great for me. Holds down on the noise.

The 10 ' x 10' grow room I'm having built in my garage is almost done (finally!). With regards to exhausting air out of the room, the insulated ducting will start at the ceiling of the grow room, route up through the top of the garage and into the attic, and will exit either through the roof or the top of the siding. My question -- as stated in the title of this post -- is where along the path is the ideal location to put the exhaust fan?

I'll be running a 440 CFM 6" adjustable high output fan with a Phat Muffler. My contractor, who does have some experience building grow rooms, is advocating for placing the fan in the attic, so that would be roughly in the middle of the distance from grow room to exit. Does that sound right to you? I'm not suggesting it isn't, I just have no prior experience with this level of setup. What do you think?

Thanks!

The fan in our flower room is in the middle of our 2 banks of lights. We still use HPS lamps which are hot and expensive to run but grow really beautiful fat buds. When it kicks on, its noisy...not in a bad way, just powerful and you definitely hear it when it kicks on and while its running. Not sure its location matters much as long as it carries a good steady stream of air through the system and gets the job done. If noise is a concern, maybe the attack would be best. If not, put it wherever makes the most sense and does the best job. Best of luck with your new room. It took me a good year to get things dialed in the way it needed to be but going strong 7 yrs later and short of replacing a bulb now & then, never any issues.

Latest posts

Back