Grow Room wall color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShuttyMcShutShut

Reaction score
How important is it to have the color of the wall flat white? Would high gloss white be too bright?????
Peace,
Shutty

ShuttyMcShutShut said:
How important is it to have the color of the wall flat white? Would high gloss white be too bright?????
Peace,
Shutty
I think gloss white would create hot spots that's why you use flat white. ;)

Suppositly flat white has higher reflectivity values.. and gloss absorbs some of the light. I think either will do...

a lovely shade of pale pink would be nice fer the female babies. seriously any white will do. use mylar on the walls or poly. do not use mirriors = they absorb light.

"Flat white" has higher reflective quality than gloss, and runs a close second only to mylar, but is much easier maintaned.

Flat white paint, but also, you can go to a hydro store and get this black and white sided plastic (that's what I use) and it works great. Doesn't hurt the eyes and not hot spots.

yeah... and the 6mm poly is double the price of mylar...

not here, and you can buy by the lineal foot too. but cheaper by the roll - makes good walls

What would bright purple and orange stripes do?

(Don't mind me, I'm high, hehe)

Jesus astra... we should start a business sending that crap over to the other coast. Mylar roll ~$45+tax 6mm poly ~$100 over here

Black/white poly, Mylar, or flat white paint. Paint is the easiest to maintain.

kade where you at? i can order out of toronto 6mm poly b/w 10' x 100' = 1000 sq. ft. for 89.00 mylar 2mm 4' x 100' = 400 sq ft fer 89.00 so mylar is 2.5 times the price of poly fer 1/3 the thickness.

I'm as far opposite across the country from u as I can get basically... w/o crossing water.

I'm talking roll wise... I have no idea what comes on each. The poly might be doubled up, I'll take a look next time i'm out shopping. I can't get anything crappier then 6mm poly.. and i can't get 2mm mylar... the place i always get my stuff used to carry it.. but they found it was too cheap n would tear easily. I think they carry 4 or 6mm now.

heyo kade: www.bustan.ca this is a discount wholesaler in toronto; i got my EZ cloner fer 200.00 bucks cheaper and they list the prices i mentioned. they also carry the best stuff. but if ya want mylar, order there. mylar is meant as a covering while poly; you can make walls with it. can also get yer hydro shop to order in 4mm poly. this is also "a secure site".

and yes the poly is doubled up. sold by the roll.

Yeah i know you can use it for walls.. but i'd want thicker stuff for that if i was doin it.
Is there any special accoutn a person needs to setup ''for wholesale''?

kade you can order from that site, any1 can. its got the alumaglo there which is sturdy as it has a backing on it. and healy-john; that stuff will fry yer plants, put some on yer window then touch it from outside - really good fer reflecting HEAT but not LIGHT.

healy-john said:

Hey man, the reflective properties of various materials in the upper end of the items is negligible.

Flat Pure White Paint will give you excellent results for minimal cost.

The plants that are closest to the walls in my grows are always the tallest. That's even with 6,000 lumens of light on the crop.

Good luck to you man!

Latest posts

Back