GROW SHUT DOWN, Need ADVICE QUICK PLEASE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i rent. thats why i keep my grows small. i can pull both my boxes down in about 5 minutes lights and all and store them in a big rubber made tote, then the plants are short enough to be put in a larger tote. then i just stack the totes and toss stuff on and around them so they look like they haven't been moved in a while. my landlord was doin inspections every 6 months but since nothing has been damamged and the house and yard stays clean we've moved past all the inpections. i hope. even though my boxes are easy to hide i still hate doing it.

if the guy could only see the top of the box and you think he could have heard fans, i wouldn't worry. its a shed with tools in it as far as he knows. it could have been a work fan blowin or a air compressor or anything, only you know what you should do to feel safe. you can't put a price on peice of mind

I am renting a house not far from my house now already gave the landlord the depost.well the rental agency....

The landlord does not even live in the state the house is. I pay rent to a rental agency so I doubt ill have to worry about pesky landlords. or inspections.

It has two closets in the master bedroom that I will be setting up for flower and veg.....

Im stoked finally ill be able to sleep better at nightr....shew/...

First off, why would you have your chamber outside of a secure area? Aren't you the one that had the cops in his yard a few weeks back because of a spat with the neighbors? That should have taught you a lesson that it ain't worth having your grow just sitting out in the open in a place easily accessed by anyone. Keep it in your house or a secure locked garage.

I would also wait until you knew for sure that the heat wasn't on to you. How much did the guy see exactly?

yes but as the cop situation amounted to nothing..... they were not looking for plants anyway, they were looking for large quantities of drugs. because i pissed the neighbors off...

The guy just saw the top part of the box, thats all you can see over the fence...

You post is the exact reason it must be moved. When I put the grow there i didnt count on a hurricane bringing workers near it.... Where it is noone ever goes there....well until now, the neighbor is a 90 yr old woman and she never goes on that side of the house....no reason too....

I just think with all that has happened over the last few weeks it would be smarter, safer to not be growing at this house i live in. There is nowhere inside my house I can grow stealthy, thats why i put it outside in the first place,,,,

not going to quit growing or smoking, just doing it a little smarter than i have been...

first thing I would do is find another use for your "grow shed" so when the cops come you can show it to them, the new dog house you're working on or the chair you're sanding in your shed, and they will be on their way.

Sounds like you have money, I would pay a carpenter friend cash to build me a "panic room" in my basement. ;)

i think it would be worse to get busted with a house rented dedicated to growin than to be caught with a few in the shed out back. even if you only have 8 or 10 plants in the rental house they would assume you had grown larger crops in the past if you spend that kinda money just to grow a few plants. jmo

i think it would be worse to get busted with a house rented dedicated to growin than to be caught with a few in the shed out back. even if you only have 8 or 10 plants in the rental house they would assume you had grown larger crops in the past if you spend that kinda money just to grow a few plants. jmo

I just replaced all the furniture in my house not too long ago so I have all kinds of furniture and dishes and stuff to put in the house...I plan to make the house looked lived in and will probably stay there alot anyway.....

I plan to do it like slo and keep the grow where it can be dismantled and hidden in short time. It says right on the lease that any visits by the landlord will be announced 24 hours prior and I have to be present on the premesis to let them in....This guys about a thousand miles away so i doubt he will be visiting...

and 8 plants is my max....9 will get me 30....:)

New_2_Chronic said:
I am renting a house not far from my house now already gave the landlord the depost.well the rental agency....

The landlord does not even live in the state the house is. I pay rent to a rental agency so I doubt ill have to worry about pesky landlords. or inspections.

It has two closets in the master bedroom that I will be setting up for flower and veg.....

Im stoked finally ill be able to sleep better at nightr....shew/...

In my neck of the woods rental agencies are much worse. They are the ones that always want to know your business and send their own people out to maintain the yard and various repairs. Hope yours works out bud. You must really dig the smoke (or the growing) 'cause I wonder if your grow has become hugely expensive with the new rent, power, etc. Well, you got a whole new place to work with, time to make it worth it!;) Good luck.

create a closet grow room can reduce all of these worries of moving locations
you just have to fix the timer, and lock it up , leave it alone for 2 weeks

that is what I've been working on and figure what kind of lawn closet I need and
put up in the shed and lock it up.. or put in your bedroom and lock it up..
few years ago, I got tired of moving plants locations to locations, look at me like marijuana runner!! jeez.. now maybe I Have to do it again soon after winter just to expand more "SOG" in the woods and give me more room to grow more .. I got some spots that hunters can not go in and hunt..

New to Chronic.

Rent a house that has an out of town number. Do not ernt from rental agencies, as they do yearly inspections.

Thats fine, they can do a yearly inspection.... I just did a walkthrough today with the people so they wont be around again for some time... I only signed a 6 month lease so i wont see antother one before harvest....

After I harvest I will have enough smoke to last me awhile, and I can make other arrangements...This is about as safe as I can get right now.

Im having the locks changed this afternoon so they wont be coming in unannounced....I also plan to put a lock on the bedroom door as well.

This grow should go good, right now the plants are in the attic under a light... Its really cool here right now so it will be okay as far as temps go so I can build the grow are out....

The only thing I got to figure out now is how to transport everything in the car,,,,1 trip, multiple trips? night, day,,,, any suggestions?

New_2_Chronic said:
Thats fine, they can do a yearly inspection.... I just did a walkthrough today with the people so they wont be around again for some time... I only signed a 6 month lease so i wont see antother one before harvest....

The only thing I got to figure out now is how to transport everything in the car,,,,1 trip, multiple trips? night, day,,,, any suggestions?

Uhaul trailer, you are just moving in right, so it will look normal.

Blow it up man! 4000w is alot of FUN!

hi new 2 chronic
i hope you read ur lease real good even dough you are going thru an agency they do come out for inpections,,,,, i had a friend that i worked with no he wasnt growing or nothing but parting and smokin they did i was asking him one day how offen they come out and he said ever 3 months,,which i was kinda jealous because my landlord does my inpection monthly and like bbp had said it sucks cause every month i have to tear every down then move the plant outside till hes gone then i have to put everthing back

so my point is becareful read ur lease really good,,, i can tell you this who ever it is doing the inpection has to give you either a 24 to 48 hour notice gl

Uncle Dolge Monster said:
"panic room" . ;)
what's this:confused: a cozy place to wait till they drag you out in handcuffs and beat you down for hiding?;)

If you have enough money to pay for a rental home AND a regular home and deal with all the bills that come from owning both, why not just build a special addition to your owned home and skip the hassle of a rental, OR, if you have that kind of dough to throw away right now just buy the dang stuff from someone and be done with the hassle.

Fadeux said:
So you are one of the 350 people left in this country lucky enough to own a house? lol. I imagine there is a lot better peace of mind in that. I was thinking of doing one of those "Rent to own" things, where you are technically paying the mortgage, but you dont have to sell the place to get out of it. Anyone have any advice on that?

be sure to read all paper work when purchaseing this way....the owners have claus...to their benafit..other wise its a great way to get into one...hope tis helps...Take care and be safe

why not transport in a uhaul? you can afford to rent one...and then do it at night..Just my thaughts Take care and be safe

Latest posts

Back