Grow Tent/Cab Ventilation: How-to w/ Schematic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_chow

Reaction score
i used to work an a/c-job for a couple of years in college, so if you have a question or two i may be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.

...on another board someone was having trouble "correctly" ventilating their tent to achieve negative pressure. ...so i drew up this schematic. ...i'm no artist.

fyi.jpg

>you want your fan as close to the exhaust as possible (either inside or outside the tent for inline fans).
>you want to arrange your filter and your ducting in a way that makes the shortest path. too much ducting in between your filter and fan will reduce airflow (reduced volume constricts airflow)
>to achieve greatest "stank" reduction, SUCK air through the filter...
>i didn't draw it in the schematic but there should be a "intake" port for fresh air to enter

if you have any questions let me know.

peace,

mr_chow

Well i have my extractor inside the tent real near the carbon filter.
Think also that are differences between extractor and inline fan. Have one inline fan to intake and one extractor 270m3/h to exaust.

I think that the necessary thing to create a negative pressure ( which i have ) is a big carbon filter and a big extractor. When i say big i want to say bigger than your space. If you have 220m3 you need a 270m3 extractor.

But i may be wrong :doh:

bho_expertz said:
But i may be wrong :doh:

nope...you are correct. negative pressure occurs if the amount of extraction is greater than the volume of the area being extracted.

Latest posts

Back