Grow tent choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmookyT

Reaction score
I am planning on a new grow, heard good things about mars hydro, planning on one tent recently, anyone have used their tents, mars-hydro.comAny feedback?

Last edited:
I have a 5x5 Mars tent. It's OK, I guess. Doesn't seem much different than the other 3 tents I have. Other than the real high end like Gorilla, I believe all the others are pretty close to the same.

I have always used the cheaper tents from eBay. Both my 2x4x5 tents and my 4x4x6.5 are from eBay and work well.

One thing I did notice is my cheaper tents only had access doors on 2 sides. The main opening and one side 'window'. This Mars (which was only a tiny bit more money) has wide open access from all 3 sides. Zipper and cloth quality are about the same.

Thank you guys for the input, I also found that they will do live this month talking about their tents, I might check out before I buy.
Heard good things about gorilla tents, but it’s just little expensive for me.
IMG_3924.JPG

Last edited:
I have a 5 x 5 Secret Jardin and the zipper is kind of funky. It has to be zipped up just right or it creates a gap where the 2 zippers meet. Don't know if it is an anomaly just on my tent or if they are all like that. My other 2 tents are inexpensive ones from E-bay or Amazon and have done just fine. I generally look for a tent that will match my specific needs--for instance (like Hackerman mentioned) the number and placement of the doors is important. I also look for vent hole placement to see if it will meet my needs and be convenient to vent.

One of my gripes about tents is the inability to hang things on the walls. The last indoor grow I did, I cut a piece of pegboard to the width of the tent, attached that to two pieces of 1 x 2 and attached the 1 x 2s to the tent's corner posts with zip ties. This gives you a place in your tent to hang things like thermometers, small fans, cords, electrical timers, etc.

I have an agra grow tent I think lol... I really like it , the zippers are heavy duty, and it has plenty of windows and doors. Metal poles to hang the tent and light and stuff. Very sturdy. I don't remember how much but it was reasonable. 3.5 x 3.5 x 72

Thank you guys for the input, I also think it would be better if there will be bags to hold the cords, scissors, etc, I will keep looking around !

Last edited:
I have never seen any tent that has bags to hold things. This is part of my problem with tents--there is no place to put or hang things. Like I mentioned above, I put up a piece of pegboard to hold and hang things. I believe that you will have to do something similar if you want somewhere to hold and hang things.

I have never seen any tent that has bags to hold things. This is part of my problem with tents--there is no place to put or hang things. Like I mentioned above, I put up a piece of pegboard to hold and hang things. I believe that you will have to do something similar if you want somewhere to hold and hang things.

I checked their live, their tents do have a tool bag outside, and I have ordered their 3x3 tent, cannot wait , should arrive these two days!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back