Grower Contracts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetitGrow805

Reaction score
Does anyone have any examples of contracts between individuals in a grow?

If one person is the grower and the other supplies the facility (but recovers rent and utilities off of the top). What is a fair break?

How much is each person's "risk" worth? Risk of facility and risk of yield.

What should a fair split between partners be in this situation? My partner says 70/30. I'm the grower.

No need for more posts on the same subject... the last post you stated that the partner had the facility...

what exactly do you bring to the grow?..what % ofcosts do you incur? how much time do YOU spend with them?....do you help with problems...or just sit back and want 50%

Financier pays for everything, gets NOTHING off the top, and the split is 50/50.
He pays for everything out of his 50%.
Lots of clowns with money, only a few with knowledge....

Good Point 4u, the split I mentioned assumes YOU do EVERYTHING, from room set up to harvest. Financier sits back and shells out cash, nothing else.

Also, have you even grown before? What experience do YOU bring to the table? There is a learning curve to this growing thing. The money person is taking a risk here unless you have proven experience and ability.

I have a friend in S. Oregon who is a legal grower. He has two partners and a room mate. One of his partners is just a money guy -- he supplied the lights and clones and all things related to the grow, and he gets 30%. My friend and his other partner grow the weed in a rented house they pay for and they pay the bills -- they split the other two thirds. Too many people in the mix if you ask me. They had a room FULL of 5ft tall trees though -- he claimed they were getting 17lb every three months. 6 1000w lights, in dirt -- the room was beautiful -- nice venting A/C, clean -- don't know what nutes he uses, but the plants were popping. They seem to be working it out...

Thank you for the replies. I apologize for similar posts in different forums, didn't know who was looking...

Yes, I am an experienced grower, but always for myself.

So far I have done everything from design, building and installation through accounting on monthly/yearly basis and will continue through the entire grow cycle. Since I did designed, and I'm building entire room out, I'm saving him 50% from what hyrdo stores quoted. I'm pushing technical as well as horticultural limits for maximum yield. I get 50% more plants per sqft than most grows. Anyway, our deal is for me to get 30% of net.

His initial investment gets paid back in %ages (not all in first harvest), his rent and utilities, and grow expenses comes off the top. We split the remainder 70/30. I feel I'm getting hosed.

The way our deal currently works

LOVE your Cooltube! Yes I have quite a bit of experience, more than almost every hydro shop I've gone in SoCal. Love this CoolTube! I've built my own version using a 1 gallon pickle jar... I ask you, are you staggering the heights of your plants to utilize all 360 degrees of the light?

Latest posts

Back