Growing autos outdoors this season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Music
Reaction score
I hve seen a cpl outdoor growers express interest in growing autos outdoors this year and was wondering just what kind of interest there is in this...I live in a town house community in NJ so growing outdoors is a big no no for me...I think quite a few people wld be interested in seeing just how autos do when grown outside.

Just wondering what the outdoor growing community thinks about a "group auto grow" outdoors? Get a cpl outdoor growers to do GJ's on them or maybe one GJ with everyone's info in it?

I could do that later this spring...I have 5 lowryder seeds....

2Dog said:
I could do that later this spring...I have 5 lowryder seeds....

Cool...Maybe there can be like a sign up sheet where you cld put your name and what autos you will be growing? I think benny wld be in as well...

hey hamster im planing on breeding my RRF now for this summer i hope to put 4/5 female a week out side untill the seeds run out or weather witch ever come first hehe i think you have a great idea and would be happy to take part this will be my first outdoor grow so it should be fun

Very cool guys and girls...lets see what kind of interest there is and then maybe get everyone's name and strains down in a single spot....it will be nice to see what autos can do outside...

thats true ham...my last auto grow had major issues with mites and me moving them inside and out..the harvest was just ok and I gave a couple awayto make room for bigger plants..will be fun to see how these do with optimum sunlight.

Count me in, for sure. I can't wait to try this. I have been PMing Hamster about it and with his help, us "auto-challenged" outdoor growers can pull this off. lmao I am pretty sure on my strains, but I will wait to see about a list, or whatever we come up with.

2Dog said:
thats true ham...my last auto grow had major issues with mites and me moving them inside and out..the harvest was just ok and I gave a couple awayto make room for bigger plants..will be fun to see how these do with optimum sunlight.

Yeah I hve only seen a few outdoor auto grows and they were kind of last minute add ons when the best time of the season had passed...

420benny said:
Count me in, for sure. I can't wait to try this. I have been PMing Hamster about it and with his help, us "auto-challenged" outdoor growers can pull this off. lmao I am pretty sure on my stains, but I will wait to see about a list, or whatever we come up with.

Great...I am glad you are still in benny...this shld be a lot of fun for you outdoor growers as well as the rest of us who can't grow outside...

I was planning on starting some auto's indoor and moving them out when the weather is past the frost zone or the nights warm to 46f consistantly...a week at least. Starting them when I start my seeds for my '10 grow, that way they will be hopefully flowering and finishing as the Regular seedlings are still vedging.

I would be willing to take part in this fashion. As of now, I can only have 6 plants in flower, but.....if my doc apointment to re-up my recomendation goes as I hope, I will have a 12-18 plants in flower under my new recomendation.

Excellent Idea Mr. Hampster Lewis Von Budmeister!

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah I hve only seen a few outdoor auto grows and they were kind of last minute add ons when the best time of the season had passed...

I've thought about it as well. I could use some help figuring out what time of year to get them in the ground and some advice on suitable strains :hubba:. I could safely plant them outside now but wonder about the short days.

tcbud said:
I was planning on starting some auto's indoor and moving them out when the weather is past the frost zone or the nights warm to 46f consistantly...a week at least. Starting them when I start my seeds for my '10 grow, that way they will be hopefully flowering and finishing as the Regular seedlings are still vedging.

I would be willing to take part in this fashion. As of now, I can only have 6 plants in flower, but.....if my doc apointment to re-up my recomendation goes as I hope, I will have a 12-18 plants in flower under my new recomendation.

Excellent Idea Mr. Hampster Lewis Von Budmeister!

Sounds good tc...glad to hve you aboard...
Being that i am not an outdoor grower I hve no idea when the best time to hve this grow is...all you outdoor vets can work out that stuff as you all see fit. I hve been curious about autos and the outdoors and when benny pm'd me about autos I figured this might be a fun group grow idea....

ArtVandolay said:
I've thought about it as well. I could use some help figuring out what time of year to get them in the ground and some advice on suitable strains :hubba:. I could safely plant them outside now but wonder about the short days.

I wld be pretty confident saying that the longer the day the better the results...that being said it is just that...only someone saying it...it will be nice to see results over statements...:)

If I ever get back to work, and get paychecks rolling in again, I plan on trying a few. But I have to get some loot around to buy some seeds. I am thinking I should be getting called back soon so hopefully all goes well.

I planned on starting mine inside until just before they started to flower, and then move them out though...will this count? I was going to try to get a good 3 weeks on them indoors to make sure they were good and strong. Try and time it for when the days are at the longest to move them out...this is my plan anyway.

I live in town to...but I still have some old guerilla spots that I grew in for years that I know are pretty safe...especially with these little plants, and no one will be looking for them early around me the rippers don't start until sept, oct. If we get them out by mid june they should be done by the end of july right? I mean if started inside for a few weeks.

legalize_freedom said:
If we get them out by mid june they should be done by the end of july right? I mean if started inside for a few weeks.

Most Autos are done in 60-70 days so as long as you gve yourself 70 days from seed you shld be good to go...starting them indoors and bringing them outside sounds cool too...If you do it you shld do a journal and we can see how that turns out....

yeah man...as soon as my girlfriend lets me learn this camera...lol...she needs to read the book cover to cover I will start posting pics and doing journals and such. The only reason I haven't been doing a journal for this current grow is I had no way of showing pics. I have around 4 or 5 weeks left in flower for this grow, so I will not do a journal at all, but I will definately putting up some pics soon...and continue to until they are done.

But most definately would like to do some journaling here!

Im hoping to put mine out on mothersday. Seems to be the safest time. U can drop a few in ur garden and hide them in ur tomatos. The soil has just started to warm up, Heavy rains should be just bout over and very seldom dose it frost after that. And i would have to look at a calender to see when summer solstece is but thats the most lite ur gonna get out of the year, so mid Mays kind off a good start and would give the most light

Im on bored! Ive actually had this idea in my head for a couple days. Imagine three harvests in a season!!!! Im def holding a spot in the garden this year for some autos.

Find the peak of your yearly daylight summer hours and aim that to be week 8 of your Auto grows then work back to find your germination date ;)

:peace:

Latest posts

Back