Growing Feminised Seed indoor HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does your rockwool cubes sit in the water? or are they suspended above the water so that excess water can drain away? This is real important. If the rockwool is touching the solution, its going to "wick" up solution and not allow proper aeration in the cube.

I have water set about inch below at first and slowly lower over first 3 weeks... It's about 3 inches below now. Have checked roots, seedlings are in water but clone hasn't reached as yet.

whenever i have used rockwool i always had it completely submerged into the medium, i used clay pebbles i have never used rockwool as the entire medium

I'm confused. I thought that you ran this system before and got 20. oz from 2 plants with a 4 week veg and a 7 week flower?

That is basically the same setup that I use. The only difference being that my medium is coco coir/pearlite mix in mesh baskets which are suspended over a recirculating solution that gets top-fed to the medium periodically. I only feed/water (for 15min) 3x in 24hrs.
I call it a "top-feeding RDWC"

Those RW cubes hold water very well. I would cut back the watering to 2-3x in 24hrs for your system. That will allow for better aeration in the RW cubes.
You probably aren't seeing a lot of root growth yet on the clone because of transplant shock combined with growing under HPS. I have read multiple times that "vegging" under HPS will leave the plants looking and acting a little sickly throughout and will be slow to veg but will take off some once it enters "flowering". I'm not busting yer chops for the lighting. I well know it takes time and money to get the proper equipment. :)

I have ran the exact same set up and yes I did get amazing results. This time I've grown from seed, and having much more issues. Not sure why.
I've come home from camping today and noticed all of a sudden my seed plant has boomed.
My clone hasn't moved or done anything.
I raised the water a little before I left and it's done wonders for one them. I only raised it an inch, strange how one inch can change so much. I'm bout to switch to flower cause last time I nearly ran out of room.
Not sure if this is good idea for clone but I'm over trying to revive it.

Thanks for your help and advice. I'm really looking forward to getting the proper lighting and tools. Is quite expensive yes but sounds like it's well worth it!

How long has it been since you planted the seeds? Seeds, unlike clones, should be sexually mature before you put them into flowering. Putting a seed plant into flowering before it it is ready is actually counter-productive. I would at least wait until I had alternating nodes.

As far as care, seed plants should not really vary much from clones. Doing what you did last time should give you the same results. Do not flower too early, though, or it will affect yield adversely. Do you have a current pic of the seed plant?

How long has it been since you planted the seeds? Seeds, unlike clones, should be sexually mature before you put them into flowering. Putting a seed plant into flowering before it it is ready is actually counter-productive. I would at least wait until I had alternating nodes.

As far as care, seed plants should not really vary much from clones. Doing what you did last time should give you the same results. Do not flower too early, though, or it will affect yield adversely. Do you have a current pic of the seed plant?

hi thg, off subject, just wanted to thank u for helping convince me not to fear added wattage. got a second tent set up and LOVE IT.:48:

They look like they are rocking and rolling :) Have you flipped them yet? The clone looks to be very "Indica structured" and the seedling looks to be very "sativa dominant structure". It may take longer for one or the other of those plants to reach sexual maturity depending on the genetics. Are any of the branches alternating yet?

Yes flipped on 6/10/16... The lady on the right is the feminised seed, large fat leaves.
And left the clone. Much skinnier fan leaves.
I cleaned the tubs out before I flipped and swapped them over from there original pace.
I will upload pic I took earlier today. Very happy with how there are growing. ��

View attachment image.jpeg

I'm just wondering if I should trim the lower leaves off now. There not getting much light as you can see. Thoughts??

Were the seed plants sexually mature and ready to be put into 12/12?

I really don't know about it being sexually mature. I did have it in veg for 5 weeks from seed. The nodes were all alternating. How do I tell?

sexually mature means the nodes are staggered immature plants grow side by side branches

Latest posts

Back