Growing Feminised Seed indoor HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look like very happy plants. Taking off leaves can be tricky sometimes. I think now that you have them flipped, you can go in and take off a few of the leaves and smaller branches from each plant. Give them 2 days and then you can do it again. You can do this several times to remove the smaller "sucker branches" that will form below the canopy. These will suck energy from the top of the plant if they aren't removed, and will deliver worthless buds.

You can also remove some upper leaves to promote more branching but as yours already fill the space, I wouldn't do that now.

Week 5 of flowerIng stage, not sure on strain but researching forums I'm thinking another week and I'll begin to flush.
I trimmed plants early in stages for extra air flow and light, I've given up on that idea now. Had minor issue with plant stretching to close to light. Some bleached buds ontop near light and a little dried out leaves. Seems to be still healthy enough.
Bit disappointed with how plants has grown compared to last but still fun.
Here's a recent photo

View attachment image.jpg

I wouldnt start flushing yet. There are very very few strains out there that finish in 7-8 weeks. You will be starving them for weeks.

I dont flush, i personally think its a waste of time. The only thing flushing does is force the roots to pull from the leaves and buds to keep the roots happy.

I used to cut off nutes within the last week of flower but I have since quit doing that because I do a split harvest, taking the top 1/3 or /12 of the plant and leaving the lower parts in the light for another week or 2 to develop or ripen further. But I have found that I can't tell any difference in the quality of smoke from flushed and not flushed. I do cut back some as I see the plants not taking in as much during the last 2 weeks and I don't see the need of wasting nutes.

Im with you HP....dont believe in starving my girls before Harvest.

are you guys talking organic? I better check, i'm gonna feel like a dope.

wow, I really notice it when I don't flush or the flush is too late,
harsh smoke, irritated throat, joints ash is black, yuck
flushed is smooth, tasty in, retained and out :) light grey soft ashes
what am I doing wrong? do youse fade down your ppms over the grow?
I'm flushing for 1 -2 weeks and think yellow leaves will be a good sign.

i think its all in your head, the difference between ashes going white or black is moisture, with my buds you have to let them sit out and dry for a couple hours before you smoke them,because when i cure them they stay 45% forever, no mold no nothing just moist bud. If you were to smoke it moist it would be harsh and black but let it sit out for a little bit and you are good. Its typically all won or lost in the cure

I have come to the conclusion that the key is in the dry/cure. If you get the right "speed" of drying(typically for 1 week) and then a slow cure for at least 2 weeks (I like a 4 week cure for best flavor) you allow the chlorophyll to break down. The other chemical processes also are able to occur that give us the richer flavors.

That said, some people like the rich "organic" flavors while others like a nice "clean flavor" smoke. I say go with what you like. :)

i think its all in your head, the difference between ashes going white or black is moisture, with my buds you have to let them sit out and dry for a couple hours before you smoke them,because when i cure them they stay 45% forever, no mold no nothing just moist bud. If you were to smoke it moist it would be harsh and black but let it sit out for a little bit and you are good. Its typically all won or lost in the cure

yes, the cure is yuge, well aware of that, a real treat for me to be able to wait a month, I've cut buds off a plant and thrown them on top of the fridge, I rarely get to wait for good cure, a month is rare
i will look up your cure method in your posts, I'm not thinking moist bud is good at all so I'm intrigued alright.

but I'm griping about the flush here, you don't flush... must be your cure doesn't require a flush, I wouldn't mind looking at that, 'member what thread you talked about it in?

Note to self: dammit I did it again, rarely and rare, same sentence

Never flushed nor starved my girls beford Harvest. I feed them right up till i cut their throats,,,and watchem bleed Buds,,,yehaaaaaaa

Pappy: Sorry I cant remember where I was talking about that. I personally don't like crispy bud, or having to grind up hard nuggets so I have "developed" a dry/cure method that leaves my buds with a "leathery" texture. I like my buds to have that leathery texture as they burn slower in a bowl. I don't roll Js or stuff blunts like some do so I don't have to grind up the buds.

The way I dry mine is to put it in a cabinet that I built and connected a smaller blower/filter. I fill my drying cabinet and let the buds dry slowly by controlling the air within the cabinet. I have my timer set to run the blower for 7minutes, every 4-6hrs depending on how much bud I put in. This allows the moisture on the outside of the buds to evaporate away into the air bubble that is inside the cabinet.

Once the air mass is saturated with moisture, the evaporation stops, and the buds are then able to equalize the moisture internally. Then the blower turns on and draws out the saturated air mass through the filter. Fresh air is pulled into the cabinet, then when the blower turns off and the evaporation/saturation begins again. once the buds get crispy feeling on the outside while still soft inside (typically takes about a week of drying) I move them to the large (3rd generation Tupperware) "glad containers" that will hold a little over 2oz each.

Once I move them to the containers (which aren't as air tight as jars) and then burp(open up before a small fan for a 20sec airing out) them once a day for a week. then every other day for a week, then if they are drying out enough, I move them to the jars and continue to burp them about once every 5 days. Once they reach the color and texture I want, I quit burping them. This is usually by the 4th-5th week depending on the atmosphere variables.

It takes a lot of diligence to get them cured right. It also takes a good bit of experimentation with the drying/curing methods to get the right balance, but once you have learned to judge the variables, it gets easier to get that balanced dry/cure. You eventually learn to judge them by their color, odor, and texture. Once you get used to Judging these, you depend less on strict adherence to timing and just look and feel them to know where they are in the cure. :)

yes, the cure is yuge, well aware of that, a real treat for me to be able to wait a month, I've cut buds off a plant and thrown them on top of the fridge, I rarely get to wait for good cure, a month is rare
i will look up your cure method in your posts, I'm not thinking moist bud is good at all so I'm intrigued alright.

but I'm griping about the flush here, you don't flush... must be your cure doesn't require a flush, I wouldn't mind looking at that, 'member what thread you talked about it in?

Technically no grow needs to be flushed, I use a process called bud washing where you cut them down and rinse them in buckets of water then i hang to drip dry, before moving them to a drying room set to 40% humidity for first couple days then i raise the humidity slowly over the week and after a week they snap off the stem and i toss em into jars once they hold a humidity of 50% or less in a jar. I have bud that is 1 year old still at 40% humidity i then have to leave it out for a couple hours to let it dry fully and smoke perfectly down to a white ash

Never flushed my Tomato or Pepper Plants, ,,and they tasted awesome. Lol

hey ya papp, hp talked me into xtra large tupperware containers cure with some resistance from me. this was some of the best advice i ever got with mj.. i have a beautiful cabinet for curing but the lg tupperware does SUCH A NICE JOB, i hate to switch. i can now hold a cure within 1% as long as desirable. i could search and find his post to me if u would like..when hp talked about weed having a leathery feel, i thunk he was a little off. no, i was..

CVD, nothing against all other methods. i know they all work well... what i know some about is dirt. ITS EASY!! start in rapid rooters for 1 week. Keep them wet. transplant into good soil, foxfarm based. into 5 by 5 inch pots +/-. food is in soil, no feeding for 3 to 5 weeks. a little nitrogen only if needed. transplant into 5 gal felt pots. feed heavy (flower foods) till harvest... EASY.. Have read SO many issues with new growers. easy is good with new growers. much fewer issues. jmo

gooch is correct. should be in a solo size cup now. light up 18 inches or more. t5s for new borns is best...almost NO FOOD YET. Babies are soo fragile..

:yeahthat::icon_smile:

Technically no grow needs to be flushed, I use a process called bud washing where you cut them down and rinse them in buckets of water then i hang to drip dry, before moving them to a drying room set to 40% humidity for first couple days then i raise the humidity slowly over the week and after a week they snap off the stem and i toss em into jars once they hold a humidity of 50% or less in a jar. I have bud that is 1 year old still at 40% humidity i then have to leave it out for a couple hours to let it dry fully and smoke perfectly down to a white ash

Sounds yummy but I don't have the funds to track the humidity like that, let alone add to or reduce it :) but still intrigued.

You rinse the plant? I'm dumbfounded again, Gooch. BUT
My girls are tiny (LEDs), If I could nute to finish, cut, trim, dip and hang, I'd be thrilled with the simplicity. I have an ill-conceived rotation :)

Warm water? I'd worry about breaking precious stalks, do you save the water, drink it :) ?

Dipped as in ice cream cone in chocolate coating or
submersed and washing machined?

hey ya papp, hp talked me into xtra large tupperware containers cure with some resistance from me. this was some of the best advice i ever got with mj.. i have a beautiful cabinet for curing but the lg tupperware does SUCH A NICE JOB, i hate to switch. i can now hold a cure within 1% as long as desirable. i could search and find his post to me if u would like..when hp talked about weed having a leathery feel, i thunk he was a little off. no, i was..

I rarely get anyway with search tool on this site and tedious to walk through all the posts. I hate putting that guy to work like that, but it's up there , thanks, HP. Respectfully...
I balk at the plastic, I like the glass casserole trays with plastic lids,
buds sit on glass but not tight sealed lid
Careful with blowing air over buds too, read that somewhere.

How do you measure to 1% ? I cure by feel, first dry feel to outside, lid goes back on, and check often, tapering off as days go by

his method is more foolproof, easy to let them dry too long or stay wet too long with my haphazard way but I manage,
it's the flush in hydro that's driving me nuts.

Latest posts

Back