Growing From Seed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
merry christmas

Picture 069.jpg

Picture 070.jpg

Picture 071.jpg

well these are my plants 7 days old. i think they are gonna be really yummy

Picture 072.jpg

Picture 073.jpg

Picture 074.jpg

They look nice. A little strentched though. You should replant them, and put them deeper in the ground. This will also make it grow more root.

Nice job so far though;)

That`s the way my girls look, and they have been out in the sun! But my stems are a bit thicker...

So when I transplant them I put the stems deeper into the soil?

Is AK47 a sativa or indica? Thanks.

So that explains a lot of the stretch - its a natural thing...;)

that ak is a very stinky plant to begin with....once I killed the one I had in my cab it was almost odorless in my house once again... 1 plant barely 1 month old out stank all the other ones put together!!!

AK-47 is mainly sativa. One third indica.
It stinks like crazy. Smells like a sour-fruity smell. The plant starts off small, then when triggered to flower, shoots off like nothing you've seen before.

Eeeewwww! lol Would it be better to top it or let it grow? Remember, its a cross with lowryder...I am just curious...I may do one each way...:)

LR's are great for SeaOfGreen because they are so small and compact.

I don`t want to do a SOG - I just wondered how tall it may grow if untopped...and some bud better when topped - I don`t know if this will be one or not...

depends if it has more of the LR traits then maybe 2 feet? 2.5? if it has more AK then maybe 4? I think you're gonna have to play it by ear or eye. I don't know if you've thought about it yet but you might start keeping a grow diary....take stats on your plants once a week and write it down in a small book. Make yourself a checklist of things to check every week i.e. height, water consumed over week, nutes given during the week, smell level and type, general notes about structure and shape would be good too. Let me know if you need more ideas of things to watch...

auto-

No, I didn`t think of that - but it is a great idea - thanks for bringing it up. I`ll start one tomorrow - that will be on the 7th day from planting...thanks, auto! :)

It's pretty useful, so then you can remember what you did so you can know what to change next time.

hey mikey, how far were ur lights when u started growing up unil now...have u adjusted them at all?... the plants look like they've really been reaching for that light

Hi guys.

Something about stretching little marijuana plants and seedlings.

You can overcome this if you know how.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Light

Without light, the plants cannot grow. In the countries in which marijuana grows best, the sun is the source of light. The
amount of light and the length of the growing season in these countries results in huge tree-like plants. In most parts of
North America, however, the sun is not generally intense enough for long enough periods of time to produce the same size and quality of plants that grow with ease in Latin America and other tropical countries. The answer to the problem of lack of sun, especially in the winter months, shortness of the growing season, and other problems is to grow indoor under simulated conditions. The rule of thumb seems to be the more light, the better. In one experiment we know of, eight eight-foot VHO Gro-Lux fixtures were used over eight plants. The plants grew at an astonishing rate. The lights had to be raised every day. There are many types of artificial light and all of them do different things to your plants. The common incandescent light bulb emits some of the frequencies of light the plant can use, but it also emits a high percentage of far red and infra-red light which cause the plant to concentrate its growth on the stem. This results in the plant stretching toward the light bulb until it becomes so tall and spindly that it just weakly topples over. There are several brands of bulb type. One is the incandescent plant spot light which emits higher amounts of red and blue light than the common light bulb. It is an improvement, but has it drawbacks. it is hot, for example, and cannot be placed close to the plants. Consequently, the plant has to stretch upwards again and is in danger of becoming elongated and falling over. The red bands of light seem to encourage stem growth which is not desirable in growing marijuana. the idea is to encourage foliage growth for obvious reasons. Gro-Lux lights are probably the most common flourescent plant lights. In our experience with them, they have
proven themselves to be extremely effective. They range in size from one to eight feet in length so you can set up a growing room in a closet or a warehouse. There are two types of Gro-Lux lights: The standard and the wide spectrum. They can be used in conjunction with on another, but the wide spectrum lights are not sufficient on their own. The wide spectrum lights were designed as a supplementary light source and are cheaper than the standard lights. Wide spectrum lights emit the same bands of light as the standard but the standard emit higher concentrations of red and blue bands that the plants need to grow. The wide spectrum lights also emit infra-red, the effect of which on stem growth we have already discussed. If you are planning to grow on a large scale, you might be interested to know that the regular flourescent lamps and fixtures, the type that are used in commercial lighting, work well when used along with standard Gro- Lux lights. These commercial lights are called cool whites, and are the cheapest of the flourescent lights we have mentioned. They emit as much blue light as the Gro-Lux standards and the blue light is what the plants use in foliage growth.

Nice article, MarP. Good info there...:)

GreenBandit said:
hey mikey, how far were ur lights when u started growing up unil now...have u adjusted them at all?... the plants look like they've really been reaching for that light
well i think the light was about 1 foot 1 1/2 feet away
okay week 2 i planted my plants outside and im gonna check on them a little later on

Mikey, did you bury those stems down in the soil? You could put them deep enough so that only the top inch or two is sticking up. ;)

Goldie said:
Mikey, did you bury those stems down in the soil? You could put them deep enough so that only the top inch or two is sticking up. ;)
yeA i did bury the stems deeper so it would take longer for them to need supports they are looking very good now they are all about a half foot tall

Latest posts

Back