growing in a apartment. plz help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoDak

Reaction score
is it truly possible to grow plants in a apartment? will the odor be too strong to conceal? if its possible to grow, where should i grow it and are grow tents worth investing in?

a few questions in there...I first would like to say it is very Dangerious to grow in An Appartment ..unless your leagle...way to many variables can go on dureing the grow...I have read and seen some peeps grow in Apparts...but never for very long...and please note Im not tryN to scare you...The smell is easy to remove and there are some DIY scrubbers here....And Im looking into a tent now...I grow in a Shed outback...but would like to set a tent up inside....Please be sure to read...read...read...Here this will help:48:

take care and be safe

im about to try i figuered one at a time should be ok even when im not home my building still reaks with everyone else puffin so

thank u. i guess ill just past. but hey. if i go to 2 marijuana school, will i be certified to grwo?

i just wana grow. i live in a apt. and i dont wa risk it

good for you my friend...Not sure where ya live but have ya thaught abought growing outside...Im sure theres some places you can plant a seed:aok:

where do I sign up for MJ Class:D...please note maybe late everyday:stoned:

i live in michigan. i could prolly do it in someone bck yard. but idk if ill be able to check on it everyday. will it be harder to grow inside or out? cheaper inside or out? easier to grow inside or out.

hey it really depends on ur location, ppl in ur place and around it. and equipment ur gonna have to buy. Grow tents are really good way to go about it.(i got one in my room :)

EDIT- BTW Grow tents are abit expensive and all the equitment u will need inside of it will also cost u so make sure u do ur research.

I grow in an apartment and it works out fine...

You need a few things tho:

Carbon Filter...Dont grow if you dont have one!!!
Inline Fan...you hook this to your CF to create the air scrubbing effect
Fan Speed Controller...plug your inline into this so you can slow it down...too slow could cause a humming noise.
Duct Muffler...I personally dont use this because I'm medical and dont need to be a ninja about things but they help!
Grow environment....you need negative pressure for the filter to work right so a DIY box would work but a Tent is Ideal.

Then you have to worry about getting all of your supplies to you door without your neighbors noticing....

Also note: I've heard some hydro grows are loud because of the pumps involved but I cant see them being louder than an inline fan

Good Luck if you do end up growing....;)

Thanks 420 Osborn.....I didn't really want to type all that up at 3 am in the morning...:)

But yeah...420 is spot on....I have 3 tents going in a spare bedroom. Carbon filter is a must in an apartment bld....

Oh biggest thing you need to do is tell no one....that is how most peeps get popped.

If you got a good carbon filter and your room designed right, the biggest thing you would have to worry about is something going wrong and your land lord needing to get inside NOW. Lets say the neighbors above you flood the place. Highly unlikely but it has happened to me. Since that type of thing is pretty rare though, you should be good.

Tents are good if you want something that is easy to set up and helps control what gets into your grow area. This can be helpful if your on the ground level.

xRedkiller03x said:
hey it really depends on ur location, ppl in ur place and around it. and equipment ur gonna have to buy. Grow tents are really good way to go about it.(i got one in my room :)

EDIT- BTW Grow tents are abit expensive and all the equitment u will need inside of it will also cost u so make sure u do ur research.

if i do a grow tent, can u tell me roughly how much everything would cost. i really wna do this.

420_Osborn said:
I grow in an apartment and it works out fine...

You need a few things tho:

Carbon Filter...Dont grow if you dont have one!!!
Inline Fan...you hook this to your CF to create the air scrubbing effect
Fan Speed Controller...plug your inline into this so you can slow it down...too slow could cause a humming noise.
Duct Muffler...I personally dont use this because I'm medical and dont need to be a ninja about things but they help!
Grow environment....you need negative pressure for the filter to work right so a DIY box would work but a Tent is Ideal.

Then you have to worry about getting all of your supplies to you door without your neighbors noticing....

Also note: I've heard some hydro grows are loud because of the pumps involved but I cant see them being louder than an inline fan

Good Luck if you do end up growing....;)

i WILL NOT TELL. is there a website i can go to get these things u speak of..thats of quality. how much roughly would these things cost. how many carbon filters would i need

i just spent over 500 on a tent setup with carbon filter light and all so it does cost a bit to start.

jc2010 said:
i just spent over 500 on a tent setup with carbon filter light and all so it does cost a bit to start.

500 is ok. whats a good tent to use? im kinda of begging for help. and where to order the supplies? i need serious help!

I think you need to chill out! :)

Veg and flower run on different time schedules...the ppl who have 2 tents are running a perpetual style or have mother keepers.

If you want to start some seeds/clones and flower them out and then restart one tent will work...

Or use a tent and a closet, to flower in the tent to contain smell and veg in the closet...thats what I do :rolleyes:

EDIT: A standard Can type filter will last about 3-4 runs...depends on the person tho...I've smelled some that were about 5-6 runs old and not a stink came thru.

Latest posts

Back