Growing in a green house rookie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trophyhunt

Reaction score
Hello, been a couple years since I grew, first time was outdoors, went great thanks to lots of help here. One problem I had was those dang afids, got spray for that now. BUT, this time I’m growing in a green house and the weather has been pretty warm, live in the seattle area. I’m wondering what major differences I need to know about having them in a green house?? I’ve had both doors open for about for weeks now, plants are about 2.5 feet tall, and I’ve been watering twice a day- morning and night. I don’t spray the plants w water, I fertilize every other week. Thoughts????? Thanks peeps

Attachments

• DEA8A3FD-BFA5-4F2F-A073-2D89EE9F21F0.jpeg
    DEA8A3FD-BFA5-4F2F-A073-2D89EE9F21F0.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Hello, been a couple years since I grew, first time was outdoors, went great thanks to lots of help here. One problem I had was those dang afids, got spray for that now. BUT, this time I’m growing in a green house and the weather has been pretty warm, live in the seattle area. I’m wondering what major differences I need to know about having them in a green house?? I’ve had both doors open for about for weeks now, plants are about 2.5 feet tall, and I’ve been watering twice a day- morning and night. I don’t spray the plants w water, I fertilize every other week. Thoughts????? Thanks peeps
Also, I’ve been trimming off all dead and big water leaves, wanting more good stuff going to the buds when they come. Also trimmed a few branches off to help with quality??? Dumb or not??

Hey T. Welcome back. I always wanted an outdoor greenhouse. Yours would be perfect for my needs. Do you plan to move those plants out when they start to flower? I’m betting they still have some growing to go horizontally I mean. How much room do you have before they hit the top?

Hey T. Welcome back. I always wanted an outdoor greenhouse. Yours would be perfect for my needs. Do you plan to move those plants out when they start to flower? I’m betting they still have some growing to go horizontally I mean. How much room do you have before they hit the top?
Well, two plants were topped, but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I will either have to pull them out side when they get to tall or I thought about raising up the green house w buckets under the legs. Next year I will built it up higher with something better than buckets.

Buckets are a good idea make sure you anchor it down good I have a nightmare story about that I’m trying to forget 🤣. Are you using BT or Spinosad to keep the bugs away? That greenhouse won’t keep them aphids away. Your plants look nice. What flavor are they?

Your plants look nice. Do you water twice a day always or just since it is so hot? I ask because those look like big pots do they shouldn’t need water twice a day. I may be wrong but cannabis does like it’s wet/dry cycle in soil. That being said, I don’t want to screw with success and those plants do look plenty healthy. Maybe someone who grows in 25 or so gallon containers can chime in.

Buckets are a good idea make sure you anchor it down good I have a nightmare story about that I’m trying to forget 🤣. Are you using BT or Spinosad to keep the bugs away? That greenhouse won’t keep them aphids away. Your plants look nice. What flavor are they?
Forgot what flavor, two different ones, I’ll find out. I don’t always water twice a day, just been pretty warm. Should I shut the doors and let it stay hot and more humid? I have buckets full of water in w them, and all windows open

Attachments

• F139FD8D-5875-4C91-A586-C0E1395C9BAA.jpeg
    F139FD8D-5875-4C91-A586-C0E1395C9BAA.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Forgot what flavor, two different ones, I’ll find out. I don’t always water twice a day, just been pretty warm. Should I shut the doors and let it stay hot and more humid? I have buckets full of water in w them, and all windows open
Airflow is better for plants(especially when they are in flower) so I would leave the doors open when you can. Too much humidity leads to mold and bud rot.

You will need some airflow in there so unless you have fans I wouldn’t make it stifling hot and to much humidity isn’t that great either.

welcome back and your plants are looking good

yeah , like others have said , good airflow goes a long way

and dont forget to add a little cal mag and spray them girls for bugs with some monterey Bt with Spinosad

Your plants look nice. Do you water twice a day always or just since it is so hot? I ask because those look like big pots do they shouldn’t need water twice a day. I may be wrong but cannabis does like it’s wet/dry cycle in soil. That being said, I don’t want to screw with success and those plants do look plenty healthy. Maybe someone who grows in 25 or so gallon containers can chime in.
I agree twice a day is a lot of water
Maybe they are not watering until runoff

Latest posts

Back